GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 646 comments
Yeah, understandable; the "entry list" continue to be shorter rally after rally, so you're not alone; I knew a 8 rounds championship was too long (I voted for a 5 round) to continue to be interesting :indiff:
For me personally I meant more the running it side of things, writing up the results and next rounds etc. Consistently getting 15 entries per rally which is consistent with last season, I don't think the length of the championship is the issue with getting more people and I think the rally length is sensible.

I think after this season I'll probably just set up a casual series for a few months whilst I run the Modern Classics one properly.

For me personally I meant more the running it side of things, writing up the results and next rounds etc. Consistently getting 15 entries per rally which is consistent with last season, I don't think the length of the championship is the issue with getting more people and I think the rally length is sensible.

I think after this season I'll probably just set up a casual series for a few months whilst I run the Modern Classics one properly.
Good call ;) It's better also because I probably wouldn't have done Season 3 :lol: I started to play WWE 2k24 and that's my main game for the following months, so I will take a pause from EA WRC for a while :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll be happy with just getting a single point on the board so that the alphabetical sorting of the zero-pointers' GamerTags doesn't place me second from last amongst equal scorers. I hope I haven't jinxed it with that statement, but so far I'm relieved to remain in the top ten finishers this stage.

Last edited:
Pretty happy with my run, kept it all together until the final stage where the tyres seemed to give up the ghost 1 mile too soon, as I understeered off near the bridge with the first chicanes and then tumbled off the road when clipping some posts near the finish.

I wasn't too bothered as I didn't think I was in the running, until I saw that mistake had cost me 9 seconds and I ended up finishing 7 seconds behind overall... 😬

Pretty happy with my run, kept it all together until the final stage where the tyres seemed to give up the ghost 1 mile too soon, as I understeered off near the bridge with the first chicanes and then tumbled off the road when clipping some posts near the finish.

I wasn't too bothered as I didn't think I was in the running, until I saw that mistake had cost me 9 seconds and I ended up finishing 7 seconds behind overall... 😬
I was surprised to still be leading once the other front runners had finished, My final 2 stages were a complete horror show :lol:

1710957881094.png
1710957920069.png

Well, everything will be decided at Montecarlo, although the only real game changer will be a possible retire :rolleyes:

@space_wadet can still steal the title from @RYAN, but only if our french contender wins the rally, get 1 Power Stage points and our welsh defending champion somehow finish out of the points; of course there are others combinations, but this is the most logical I can think of :lol:

I can still steal Wadet 2nd place, and so @Dreadmed can steal my 3rd place :P

I will probably do my run already tonight, so I can have the week free for WWE 2k24 :cool:

Well, everything will be decided at Montecarlo, although the only real game changer will be a possible retire :rolleyes:

@space_wadet can still steal the title from @RYAN, but only if our french contender wins the rally, get 1 Power Stage points and our welsh defending champion somehow finish out of the points; of course there are others combinations, but this is the most logical I can think of :lol:

I can still steal Wadet 2nd place, and so @Dreadmed can steal my 3rd place :P

I will probably do my run already tonight, so I can have the week free for WWE 2k24 :cool:
It's a dry Monte so it's unlikely there'll be major upsets but let's see

Results from last 2 rounds will be up tonight as well the itinerary for the final round at Monte Carlo.

As mentioned above, it's a dry Monte for a change, turns it from being a slip and slide/hope for the best to being a very fast, technical rally.

@Dreadmed, you cheeky.......I was supposed to be 1st to do the run to put pressure on you, not the other way around :grumpy::lol:

Video coming tomorrow ;)
I usually would leave it a bit but I didn't want to be flip-flopping between 2 very different machines, decided to get this one done pronto. :P

Congratulations @RYAN :gtpflag:

My season ended with me receiving a DSQ on the final stage of Monte Carlo, and I can only blame myself.

I was quite happy with my performance during the rally; no major mistakes, etc. But then, I decided to go for the power stage without any spare wheel.

Guess what? At the third corner of the stage: “We have a puncture…” OK, I thought, I’ll just roll to the finish somehow… NOPE.

I was unable to go uphill and kept rolling down (backwards) and received a DSQ for… going in the wrong direction :indiff:

Screenshot 2024-03-24 074647.png

Congratulations @RYAN :gtpflag:

My season ended with me receiving a DSQ on the final stage of Monte Carlo, and I can only blame myself.

I was quite happy with my performance during the rally; no major mistakes, etc. But then, I decided to go for the power stage without any spare wheel.

Guess what? At the third corner of the stage: “We have a puncture…” OK, I thought, I’ll just roll to the finish somehow… NOPE.

I was unable to go uphill and kept rolling down (backwards) and received a DSQ for… going in the wrong direction :indiff:

View attachment 1339932
I had a puncture about 1 mile in on the first stage, god knows how I got to the end! Anyway, I figured you all needed a 2 minute head start ;) :lol:

After a fairly torrid time with both the C2 and Puma, I thought I'd change things up for the final round and give the Clio a whirl. Definitely the best of the bunch I think. Once I got to grips with the car it felt properly planted on the fast tarmac of Monte.

Not a hugely strong result in terms of the rally for me but had a couple of stage times I'm proud of...most notably SS4 🤓 I think it might be the closest stage results of the whole championship 😂

Another season of the GTPlanet Club Rally Championship is complete! With an exciting blast through the sunny countryside of Monte-Carlo. @RYAN dominated the event in his Renault Clio, securing not only a rally victory, but also the power stage AND the championship. A fine performance from our reigning champion to take back to back crowns. @Dreadmed took a fine P2 in Monte-Carlo, just 3 seconds off the leader, P2 on the power stage and securing P4 in the championship. @space_wadet took the final podium spot, and also P3 in the power stage, finishing P2 in the championship overall. @Cabelmania did enough in Monte-Carlo to secure P3 in the championship, just 3 points ahead of @Dreadmed .

RankDisplayNameVehicleTimeDifferenceToFirst
1RDA-JETSRenault Clio S16000:25:090:00:00
2DreadmedFord Puma S16000:25:120:00:03
3Space_WadetRenault Clio S16000:25:380:00:29
4Hasnain282Ford Puma S16000:25:450:00:36
5CabelmaniaCitroën Saxo Super 16000:25:480:00:39
6Speedster502Renault Clio S16000:25:500:00:41
7miljan426Renault Clio S16000:26:540:01:45
8Meadow142Renault Clio S16000:27:090:02:00
9aekara38Renault Clio S16000:27:520:02:43
10magpieracerFord Puma S16000:28:090:03:00
11ukmikeyaRenault Clio S16000:28:170:03:08
12ScaffFord Puma S16000:28:590:03:50
13cutback73Citroën Saxo Super 16000:30:310:05:22

Final Championship Standings:
RankDisplayNamePointsAccumulated
1RDA-JETS197
2Space_Wadet160
3Cabelmania133
4Dreadmed130
5Hasnain28284
6Speedster50255
7Zero_The_North54
8magpieracer25
9miljan42624
10GOTMAXPOWER23
11the13PeSK15
12Gr0upB12
13Meadow14210
14ukmikeya4
15aekara382
16darrenersmit820
17cutback730
18Frizbe0
19Scaff0
20Gonzaseca0
21Maique0
22CheetahsMeow0

Renault already had the constructors secured, Ford put in a fine performance in Monte-Carlo to secure 2nd place ahead of Citroen who only collected 11 points in the final round.
PositionManufacturerPoints
1Renault352
2Ford230
3Citroen195

Black Red Professional Esport Champion Facebook Cover (1).png

Thank you all once again for competing. There will be a break before Season 3, but keep an eye on the club as there will be some daily challenges setup in the meantime.

In an ideal world we'd have multiple leagues but @MagpieRacer would probably have to clone himself to be able to look after it all.
If we had some more tools at our disposal to fine tune clubs, approval based membership, car filtering, creating championships from the app etc then it would be worth the time to do 2 tiers/divisions/leagues. We could have done a S2000 top tier for the top 15 and then S1600 for the next 15. Promotion and relegation etc.

I'll keep asking and maybe they'll do it 😅

If we had some more tools at our disposal to fine tune clubs, approval based membership, car filtering, creating championships from the app etc then it would be worth the time to do 2 tiers/divisions/leagues. We could have done a S2000 top tier for the top 15 and then S1600 for the next 15. Promotion and relegation etc.

I'll keep asking and maybe they'll do it 😅
Over to you @PJTierney ;) :lol:

The expert historic club has been unable to get up and running properly again since we’ve still no way to lock the cockpit view, which is essential in that particular club.

Whitelisting or blacklisting cars would be a great help, starange that it was in original dirt rally and has been missing ever since.

GTPlanet Mini series starts today! No write ups or anything, just everyone for themselves. Based on the 1986 WRC campaign, there are 13 rounds, one stage per round, each round lasting 2 days. As it's 1986 based, we will be using the Group B 4WD machinery.

1. Monte Carlo
2. Sweden
3. Portugal
4. Kenya
5. Corsica
6. Greece
7. New Zealand
8. Argentina (Sardinia)
9. Finland
10. Ivory Coast (Kenya)
11. San Remo (Japan)
12. Great Britain (Chile)
13. Olympia (Estonia)

That fourth split with the ice felt like it took as long as the other three splits put together. I had to play the replay at 2x just to make it look like normal speed. Imagine my surprise, therefore, to discover the other two drivers were even slower than I was on the section. They must have been getting out and pushing the cars.

Last edited:
These Group B cars are an absolute blast. Might have to give the Quattro a go on Portugal. The S4 felt terrific on Sweden.

Back