GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 646 comments
Scruffy stage from me in Sweden. Caught a snow bank and had a quick spin among other slight mistakes. Was going hell for leather as Vargasen is a stage I have done a lot and know it well. I shouldnt have been so confident :lol: Still, Hell of a lot of fun in these machines. This more laid back championship of dailies is a nice change.👍

Hell of a lot of fun in these machines. This more laid back championship of dailies is a nice change.👍
I wish now I'd voted for S2000 for the previous championship as it was on a knife edge. You all were right and it is the best class to drive.

Last edited:
Me, snow and a Group B were never gonna go well together...

Screenshot 2024-04-04 224403.jpg

Me, snow and a Group B were never gonna go well together...

View attachment 1343531
Bit of Turtle Wax and a chamois and that'll polish right out, mate.

I also went for a Delta but was super cautious and slowed down at every corner. Monte Carlo was worse but I figured a shorter wheelbase car would have less of a target to snag the rock walls with..

I wish now I'd voted for S2000 for the previous championship as it was on a knife edge. You all were right and it is the best class to drive.
S2000 might be a shoe in for season 3. Think they'd be a lot of fun for a full championship.

I like the S2000's cars but I don't like how they struggle to break traction and accelerate out of tight corners. It feels like I have TC on whenever I drive any of them.

Kenyaaaaaaarghhh.

I'm beginning to think the Delta is too much car to bring to a slippery wet African stage. Too bad Racenet seems to be down as I can't find out when the Croatian hairpin stage is coming up so's I can start praying and sacrificing small animals to the rally gods.

Last edited:
Kenyaaaaaaarghhh.

I'm beginning to think the Delta is too much car to bring to a slippery wet African stage. Too bad Racenet seems to be down as I can't find out when the Croatian hairpin stage is coming up so's I can start praying and sacrificing small animals to the rally gods.
I think I'm one of the few of loves Kenya. Group B on wet Kenya was a blast, I sucked, but it was fun.

You'll be pleased to know that I opted to go for Japan to do Sanremo on this series over Croatia. I was 50/50 in my modern classics 2001 season on them and went with Croatia there so thought I'd let the other 50% of my mind try Japan for this miniseries.

You'll be pleased to know that I opted to go for Japan to do Sanremo on this series over Croatia. I was 50/50 in my modern classics 2001 season on them and went with Croatia there so thought I'd let the other 50% of my mind try Japan for this miniseries.
I will be pleased. Nagoya may be a little on the monotonous side but at least we won't be yeeting ourselves into trees quite as many times.

Well, my best stage appears to be 6 points for a DNF in Portugal. I may have matched it with a snail's pace run in Kenya 🐌 The impenetrable twigs appear to have gone but I smashed through a lot of big rocks before being brought to a sudden halt by a pebble :lol: I always seem to take the scenic route.

Racenet seems to be back up now and I'm really not looking forward to those tree stumps killing my car when I try to cut across in Bio Bío Chile on St. George's Day. Would it've been too much to ask them to have sawn them off at ground level? :(

Last edited:
Think this must be the first time I've ended up with a puncture just from doing the shakedown.

I was never going to break any records doing a Group B stage on a Rally Mediterraneo stage... but at least I didn't break any cars doing it.

Last edited:
Was there never any want for a GTP Series or championship with the Rally 1 cars? I know they are super fast but they also seem like some of the most forgiving cars in the game too. I love the Modern Classics series and what that provides. I'm just starting to get hungry for a full on Rally 1 series. As I don't do any other long form series or clubs I only really drive them in Career and Moments and watching the real life stuff going on in Croatia only gives me more inspiration. 😂

Last edited:
Rally1 cars are a lot easier to drive than the Group B cars of the current championship. :lol:
No wonder hardly anyone is taking part. :P

I'm not a huge fan of the boost system in Rally1.

I'm not a huge fan of the boost system in Rally1.
I just set it to the longest and take it as it comes. I find if I change my driving style and concentrate too much on it I end up losing time. So for me its just the benefit of better acceleration out of heavy breaking zones and that's pretty much it. I almost forget its a thing at times.

Today's stage is a reminder why the top teams in Gr. B at the time REALLY wanted to skip this rally :lol: (My run was just anonymous, thou :rolleyes:)

My Delta S4 had no problems stopping in the rain after that 1km straight.

After I hit the tree, though, I had a few problems starting again. :ouch:

Last edited:
Back