GT-R Nurnburgring time trial

  • Thread starter Thread starter BradKinder
  • 35 comments
  • 3,084 views
It took me a whole afternoon. Then, I realized it was rather easy. I did it by when I had the skid recovery force :yuck: and TCS on and with the dualshock.
 
sins1er
It's located in nordscleif (sp?) is it not?

I could be wrong but I believe nordschleife only means "north slope" and Nurburgring Nordschleife refers to one configuration of the entire circuit, i.e. It doesn't include the GP part. You'll notice in the Nurburgring 24hr configuration the GP part is included. Then of course there is only the GP section by itself also, etc. I don't think "Nordschleife" is an area or town or anything.
 
Which Nurburgring track Nordschlief or 24 hrs?
 
Which Nurburgring track Nordschlief or 24 hrs?

It's Nürburgring (basic, no weather) in the Arcade Mode with a complete stock Nissan GT-R '07 (selected from the arcade garage) with Sports Hard tires.
You have to beat a time of 7:29,xx (the exact time & regulations you can find in the GT5 Trophy's).

I've done it with a DS3, can't remember the time atm, something 7:23,xx I think. As DS3 player I can say that it's easy to get the Trophy with the following settings:
ABS: 1, Active Steering: Low (or you can also use Max), Brake bias: 4/5 (adjustable via the ingame EE menu, on a DS3 you must setup first the keys for it).
All other aids have to be disabled, because they are only holding you back from beeing fast. :sly:

You need practice, you have to know the track exactly & you have really to push the car through the corners. Brake early & try out where the limit of the car is.
You wouldn't believe how fast you can actually take corners with a GT-R on sport tires. :D:tup:

PS: no shortcutting. If you are too much in the grass or you hitting a wall too hard, your time will turn to red, means the lap will not count. You need a complete "clean" lap.
 
I did this on my 2nd lap get it sideways thru the tight sections and floor it haha .
 
I did it with all aids off except ABS set to 1 since you can't turn it off in arcade mode since the brake bias can't be set or atleast I thought so.

I never use ABS but once I realized you could abuse the ABS in every corner by braking hard through most of the corners. I was able to get in the 7'28 range
 
Back