GT Touring Car Series -- Series finished! Ozwheels3 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 577 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157
logo_GTTCS_1_zps6e3919de.png

The Concept
Welcome to the GTP thread for the Gran Turismo Touring Car Seres! A touring car series for race cars under 501pp. This championship will consist of 15 races over nine weeks. Most of the series will run with a two race sprint format, where both races will last between 20 and 30 minutes. Three races will be endurance races, which will last over 45 minutes.

This series will be hosted here on GTPlanet and on gtracecentral.webs.com. A forum has been posted there as well (click HERE to view). Both sites will simultaneously be updated as details are changed. We will start on February 27th at 11:15pm.

Practice on Tuesday, Race on Thursday!

The Cars
As of right now, there are 6 cars that I have tested that are close in PP. The limit will be at 501pp, and all of these cars are under that. However, from what I have gathered, they are still very close. Included in the list are the power figures and what upgrades each car has been tested with. All of these cars are relatively inexpensive, and I encourage you to try as many as you can. Once the series starts, you will have to remain in your chosen brand and car for the entire season. Racing Hards only.
The following stats were obtained with making oil changes to the cars.

BMW 320i Touring Car

Rear wheel drive.
PP: 500
HP: 337
Weight: 1140 kg
Upgrades: Stage 2 Turbo (Mid RPM Range) and Racing exhaust MUST be added.

Honda CR - Z Touring Car

Front wheel drive.
PP: 497
HP: 300
Weight: 910 kg
Upgrades: Stage 3 Turbo MUST be added.

Honda Integra Type R Touring Car

Front wheel drive.
PP: 484
HP: 313
Weight: 950
Upgrades: No modifications.

Lexus IS 200 GT - 1

Rear wheel drive
PP: 489
HP: 332
Weight: 1010
Upgrades: Stage 2 Turbo and Racing Exhaust

Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Rear wheel drive.
Pop up headlights.
PP: 501
HP: 266
Weight: 795 kg
Upgrades: Stage 3 Turbo MUST be added.

Toyota 86 Race Car

Gazoo Racing colors shown, base model also available.
Rear wheel drive.
PP: 499
HP: 359
Weight: 1035 kg
Upgrades: Everything EXCEPT any engine upgrades MUST be added. This also includes Stage 3 weight reduction and lighter windows.
Special Note: Camber and Toe angles CANNOT be adjusted.

Volkswagen Scirocco GT24

Base model shown, VW Motorsports colors also available.
Front wheel drive.
PP: 496
HP: 341
Weight: 1120 kg
Upgrades: Stage 1 Turbo MUST be added.
Special Notes: Toe angles CANNOT be adjusted.​

Tuning
Power and weight modifications cannot be outside of what is listed. However, all other parameters are free to tune to the driver's liking.

Race Format

We will follow two race formats in this series.
For nights with 2 races:
  1. Room opens around 11:15pm EST (USA) for practice/tuning.
  2. Qualifying for race #1 begins at 11:30. Everyone will be on track together for 10 minutes.
  3. Race #1 starts immediately after qualifying. Race will be 20 - 30 minutes, no mandatory pit stops.
  4. After race #1, there will be a 10 minute break where you will be allowed to fine tune your vehicle.
  5. Race #2 will then begin. The starting grid will be in the reverse order of the first race results. Race distance will be the distance of race #1, plus 1 lap.
For endurance race nights:
  1. Room opens at 11:15pm EST for practice.
  2. Qualifying will begin at 11:30, same as above.
  3. The race will start immediately after qualifying. 1 mandatory pit stop will be required. Race will be between 45 - 60 minutes.

Schedule
Below is the official schedule. Races with one round listed will be endurance races. All other races will follow the two race format. The first race on here will be on February 27th.

*The race of Apricot Hill will be rerun the week before Bathurst, due to major network issues from the first time we tried to run it.

The calender will be as follows:

Be comfortable driving any course with a time change in both day time AND pitch blackness (these courses are Apricot Hill, Nurburgring, and Bathurst). On tracks where night driving is possible, there will be a mix of day and night racing.

Points and Requirements

Points System
1st – 16 pts.
2nd – 15 pts.
3rd – 14 pts.
4th – 13 pts.
5th – 12 pts.
6th – 11 pts.
7th – 10 pts.
8th – 9 pts.
9th - 8 pts.
10th - 7 pts.
11th - 6 pts.
12th - 5 pts.
13th - 4 pts.
14th - 3pts.
15th - 2 pts.
16th - 1 pt.

Season end points will be made up of your best 10 of 15 races. Points from the final in Bathurst will NOT be dropped.

Year End Prizes

In series past, we have given prize cars to the top three in final points. However, in GT6, it seems as though the ability to share cars and other things has gone away. This may change in a future update, but there doesn't appear to be anything for that at the moment.

A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times. This certainly includes overtaking. But hey, we're all racers. We know that accidents can happen, even to the best racers. If you feel like you cut the track to make a pass, or rammed into someone to gain a position, you will be expected to give the position back. If you feel there was an incident that should be reviewed, let me know through a private massage with the lap number (and if you can provide the corner, that would also help), and the incident will be reviewed. Point penalties may result.

On Track Penalties
Certain tracks may have penalties on. In these cases, if you do go off track and a penalty does not go off (which can happen), then it is a legal move. If it is for a position, these situations can always be reviewed.

Lapped drivers, or drivers about to lose a lap to the leader are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible.

• Slipstream set to real
  • Grip reduction set to real.
  • Penalties more than likely will be on weak.
  • Mechanical damage set to light.
  • ABS and driving line will be allowed.
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Please provide your PSN ID, your selected car, and your selected number (if you can) in a post below. You may also send me a private message here on the site or send me an email at flip157gt5@yahoo(dot)com. Should you choose a car that has a fixed number, please indicate that in your post. Whatever brand and model you choose will be the car you must run for the entire series.

1. flip157 / Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 / #92
2. Somebodyshootme / Mazda Roaster Touring Car/ #68
3. Jay2DaB329 / Mazda Roaster Touring Car / #34
4. sproesser / Mazda Roaster Touring Car / #1
5. elchinox2 / BMW 320i Touring Car/
6. ares118785 / Honda Integra Type R Touring Car / #18
ozwheels3 / BMW 320i Touring Car/
8. joseneihosue / Mazda Roadster Touring Car / #13
9. draqua_fresh / Mazda Roadster Touring Car/ #64
Nail - 27 / Volkswagen Scirocco GT24/ #48
11. BOOMER_067 / BMW 320i Touring Car

12. edward0502 / Mazda Roadster Touring Car / #5
duke_adam46 / BMW 320i Touring Car /

DRIVER'S POINTS STANDINGS
(After 14 Rounds)

MANUFACTURER'S POINTS STANDINGS
(After 14 Rounds)

*Manufacturer's points for each round are made up of the two highest finishers.

Season 1 is in the books! Congrats to ozwheels3 for claiming the series championship! We'll see you guys for season 2!

Last edited:
The Scirocco is definitely a car we want to get in to this series. It should fit in perfectly 👍

Since GT6 is out now you should move this to the Racing series tab, so there might be more people joining.

Please visit gtracecentral.webs.com, as a series page will be up within a few days of this post. Some massive changes are coming up, as this series will not run as I had initially planned it to. This is due to unforeseen complications that did not arise until we got the game. Namely, trying to enforce regulations within the two classes is turning out to be more complicated than anticipated. But instead of throw everything out, we are currently working on a new plan. There will definitely be a series, maybe two, that will start up in February. The first post will reflect these changes once they are made and finalized.

Last edited:
Please disregard the above post #7. Posts from this point on will refer to the GTTCS series.

I am interested depending on the date of the races and times

It's looking like Thursday nights are going to be the nights we race on. The tentative schedule is room opens at 11:15 pm EST, qualifying at 11:30, and race #1 immediately afterwards.

An official start date for the series has not been not determined yet, but I am aiming for mid February, to give us enough time to promote and fine tune testing.

oh, I can only do SOME Thursdays. Will try and get back to you, as not sure about the EST time to GMT as well.

This might be the online race series I am looking for. Starts at a perfect time for me, unless work holds me up which is a possibility.

Sign me up. My psn should be displayed in my profile. :-)

Last edited:
Had some great testing and racing tonight. Got a few pics including the #68 "I'll Owe You Won Racing" team that was remarkably faster on just two wheels. Imagine if they could get all their contact patches down on the track, they may be Alien... ;-)

Syracuse - Night_1.jpg
Daytona Road Course_11.jpg
Daytona Road Course_10.jpg
Daytona Road Course_9.jpg
Daytona Road Course_8.jpg
Daytona Road Course_7.jpg
Daytona Road Course_6.jpg
Daytona Road Course_5.jpg
Daytona Road Course_3.jpg
Daytona Road Course_1.jpg
Daytona Road Course.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_4.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_3.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_2.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_1.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
Had some great testing and racing tonight. Got a few pics including the #68 "I'll Owe You Won Racing" team team that was remarkably faster on just two wheels. Imagine if they could get all their contact patches down on the track, they may be Alien... ;-)

Thanks for the pics mate! Things are shaping up to be pretty good!

Thanks for the pics mate! Things are shaping up to be pretty good!

Think my favorites are of your CRZ coming out of the final chicane at Daytona, and the under rear of my miata going after Nukem's prius

Whose going to be on tonight? I should have no problem getting out of work in time to jump online. Before the session gotta go to the local Mazda stealership to pick up another Miata TC. Did an oil change on the pink panty remover and it changed the pp to 501 :-(

There are rumors that "I'll Owe You Won" Racing may be changing their team colors. I Heard pink rims were the new hot fashion ;-)

Man finally a series at a time I can always make. Ok if I join?
Join on in, I said the same thing when I found this. I don't think the middle of this month it will be rolling, but I believe very soon once everything is sorted we are go. Add me as a friend on PSN

Great racing last night. I must say that both the Gather's and Mogul Civic were great last night but overwhelming straight line speed. They were slow in corners and tight races.

"I'll Owe You Won Racing" will be entering a car but still unsure of which one. Our team number is 68 and it is between the Miata and Altria currently

The points system allows for that, so no worries! You'll have plenty of time to make that up in the season.
I figured as much, did not want to miss the season opener, but snowboarding calls.

Since the Altezza has been removed from the list I will take the Miata for this racing series. I think the currently list of cars is sufficient enough for the series. Too many variables with any more cars from what I felt when others joined us online and ran races.

Hey Flip, can we get what course Layouts on Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, and Suzuka please.

I figured as much, did not want to miss the season opener, but snowboarding calls.

Since the Altezza has been removed from the list I will take the Miata for this racing series. I think the currently list of cars is sufficient enough for the series. Too many variables with any more cars from what I felt when others joined us online and ran races.

Hey Flip, can we get what course Layouts on Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, and Suzuka please.

I agree, I think we have a great list of close cars!

As far as track layouts:

Silverstone National
Brands Hatch Indy
Nurburgring Type V (practice in day and night)
Suzuka East

I'll change it up on the top post.

Ahh man, this looks like soooo much fun. Everything looks good. Unfortunately, it's a little late for me on a weeknight. Best of luck to the series though. 👍

A few more from tonight. Good racing and just a glimpse of what to come. This league is going to be packed with intense action :-)
Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT.jpg
Silverstone National Circuit.jpg

Latest Posts

Back