GT Touring Car Series -- Series finished! Ozwheels3 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 577 comments
I think you're right, the BMW is a little slower. It is the heaviest, and although it's very stable, it feels a bit lazy. So I've quickly come up with an alternate tuning if you want to try it:

Only add a Stage 2 Turbo (Mid RPM) and Racing Exhaust.

Your horsepower should still be at 337hp, but your PP is now up to 500 (probably because the turbo is giving you a little extra torque.) Try that out, it may keep it up in the mix a little better. Other than that, I find keeping the downforce as low as you can on it and making sure your gears aren't too tall helps with this car. I haven't spent that much time with this car to get a good tune for it.
That did it for the BMW. Now all the RWD cars are within 2 tenths of each other on Madrid.

Practice room for Madrid is now live!

1472 - 4711 - 0038 - 4892 - 2528

Practice over. Good night of practicing, thanks to those who came out! We'll see you all on Thursday!

Last edited:
Put me down for the Mazda Touring Car #13! PSN is joseneihosue

I am however going to have to miss preseason, I hope that won't be a problem.

Put me down for the Mazda Touring Car #13! PSN is joseneihosue

I am however going to have to miss preseason, I hope that won't be a problem.

Not a problem. There are no points for the preseason race, points start next week. So in that respect, you'll be fine.

Gotta feeling the Mazda touring car could be right up there.

I haven't ran any test laps with my sirraco yet but anyone know how it handles? Turns? Speed?

Afterall I'm glad their is a pre season race tonight to get a general feel for my car tonight 👍

And as it says no adjusting toe angle and camber if I remember are we allowed to tune, trany, other parts in the suspension? LSD?

I haven't ran any test laps with my sirraco yet but anyone know how it handles? Turns? Speed?

Afterall I'm glad their is a pre season race tonight to get a general feel for my car tonight 👍

And as it says no adjusting toe angle and camber if I remember are we allowed to tune, trany, other parts in the suspension? LSD?

should be no problem tuning everything else. The Toe angle and Camber angle are not tunable on that car. Those options are blacked out if I recall.

I ran the VW on my preliminary tests. If I was still on a FWD rant I would probably be closing that or the CRZ. The car has balls, but my tuning or lack there of does not suit the VW.

The Miata is the first RWD car that I have used in GT6 more then what is needed to complete some of the races, been staying away from them for some odd reason.

I've spent some time in the VW, but I've completely screwed the tuning on it and never got it back. On mine, the back end breaks pretty easily, depending on the track. I think it's better than I have it set up, though. It's still a great car, but I found that the CRZ is a little more consistent, and that suits my driving style a little more. Even though the Hondas have massive understeer problems.

And as I recall, camber is adjustable on the VW, but not toe angle. Toe and camber are completely fixed on the Toyota... for some reason, I really can't imagine why. But everything else is able to be tuned.

The race in Madrid will be interesting, there's a good mix of slow, tight sections where the slower, more nimble cars come into their own, and long straights where the faster cars have the advantage. Should be a good one!

Last edited:
I don't know about the VW and Integra but the 4 other cars will do 1:25's at Madrid.

I think part of it is gonna come down to the driver, as well. I can't make the BMW go remotely as fast as you have it.

I have set a theoretical lap time in the low 1:26/ high 1:25 on this track. I never really liked Madrid nor raced it very often. It will be an interesting race. I don't plan on placing too high on this one.

I have set a theoretical lap time in the low 1:26/ high 1:25 on this track. I never really liked Madrid nor raced it very often. It will be an interesting race. I don't plan on placing too high on this one.
Is a theoretical lap time all your best sectors put together?

Is a theoretical lap time all your best sectors put together?

Not all my best sector times. I put it together with the +/- of each sector when running hot laps. I see a good 2 seconds I can take off of my best lap. I come to a theoretical time of being able to run consistently and cleanly.

I would be comfortable to say that if I had a good 500 to 1000 miles to run on Madrid I would hope to be logging 1:23s.

May be a minute or two late, won't be 11:15 on the dot tonight, but we'll get up and running in a few!

And we're live! 1472 - 6681 - 3759 - 3053 - 8371

Thank you very much to everyone who made it out tonight! The racing was good, and I think it's fair to say that we learned a lot, but there are some kinks that need to be ironed out.

Another lounge will be up tomorrow (Friday) night, 11:30pm EST to work on some things. If you can make it out, please do!

Last edited:
What a night of racing. "I'll Owe You Won Racing" had a strong standing with a 3rd place podium followed by a 4th place finish. A few nicks and bumps occurred during both races tonight. There was even word that we made our own Auto Cross course on the Second Straight down Madrid Avenue with a Lotus Elise.

First race boiled down to tire wear and usage. Ozwheels3 took the Checkered in the BMW "Mo You Sports" 320i Touring Car. Timeee11 Took Second with Honda "Casper The Friendly Integra" Touring Car. Following after the "I'll Owe You Won Racing" Miata took Third wanting 3 to 4 more laps to catch Casper.

The Start of the second race with reverse order grid started off great. The Miatas and BMWs with their Rear wheel drive launch advantage took over the field. "By Turn 2 "I'll Owe You Won Racing" was right behind Jay2DaB329 "Rapper's Delightful" Miata in 2nd Place. WanganGhost over cooked turn 1 cause the first of many incidents in the first lap. A lot of damage to competitors cars occurred, included but not limited to front suspension, engines and egos. A mysterious act of PD placed Elchinox2's "Road Blocking Corner Hugging Red Rocket" Elise in the middle of the second straight totally perpendicular to the wall. PD decided that we had too much top end for the speed limit that Spain has placed on that road and wanted a mini Auto Cross course for shi...zzz and giggles. The second half of the field got crossed up in this and word has it someone might had pissed oneself over it...

Second Race results, Ozwheels3 took Checker again with BMW "Mo You Sports" 320i Touring Car. Timeee11 again was the first loser with Factory back Honda "Casper The Friendly Integra" Touring Car. Ares118785 with Honda "A Cook Tire Orange" Integra Touring Car took second losers place.

We learned that the Integra was the champ of straight line speed.
The Miata holds out on Tire Wear and nimbleness
The BMWs are the arch nemesis of Honda
Oh and hybrids are for Wankers better known as team Honda "I Love Dandelions" CRZ :-) (sorry for the low blow Flip).

Great Racing tonight everyone, hope no one minds my low blows and sarcasm. On to the Pics and stuff.

Circuito de Madrid.jpg Circuito de Madrid_1.jpg Circuito de Madrid_2.jpg Circuito de Madrid_3.jpg Circuito de Madrid_4.jpg Circuito de Madrid_5.jpg Circuito de Madrid_10.jpg Circuito de Madrid_7.jpg Circuito de Madrid_12.jpg Circuito de Madrid_9.jpg Circuito de Madrid_14.jpg Circuito de Madrid_15.jpg Circuito de Madrid_16.jpg Circuito de Madrid_17.jpg Circuito de Madrid_18.jpg Circuito de Madrid_19.jpg Circuito de Madrid_20.jpg

Now to the Serious stuff. A couple thoughts on how to balance out the field a little.

We could do something like they do in the old World Speed Challenge, or the JGTC along with other series. Add a weight penalty to 1st 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Like for first place finish add 25kg, for second place add 15 kg and for third add 10kg, per race. that is just a thought, I feel it would add a new dynamic to the series versus doing what would seem normal with just restricting power. No reason you can't do both.

Oh and hybrids are for Wankers better known as team Honda "I Love Dandelions" CRZ :-) (sorry for the low blow Flip).]

:lol:

That's actually one of the things I don't understand, it doesn't appear to act like a hybrid it did in GT5. No battery meter in this one, and the fuel just drops immediately. It appears to be a normal car. :confused:

And I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of success ballast between races (I believe the WTCC does actually do this), but I would like to tighten up the regs on the cars before we think about that.

:lol:

That's actually one of the things I don't understand, it doesn't appear to act like a hybrid it did in GT5. No battery meter in this one, and the fuel just drops immediately. It appears to be a normal car. :confused:

And I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of success ballast between races (I believe the WTCC does actually do this), but I would like to tighten up the regs on the cars before we think about that.
Yeah, I figured a colored commentary would suit fine after the last race. It is only the first season so there is a lot of ironing out

What a night of racing. "I'll Owe You Won Racing" had a strong standing with a 3rd place podium followed by a 4th place finish. A few nicks and bumps occurred during both races tonight. There was even word that we made our own Auto Cross course on the Second Straight down Madrid Avenue with a Lotus Elise.

First race boiled down to tire wear and usage. Ozwheels3 took the Checkered in the BMW "Mo You Sports" 320i Touring Car. Timeee11 Took Second with Honda "Casper The Friendly Integra" Touring Car. Following after the "I'll Owe You Won Racing" Miata took Third wanting 3 to 4 more laps to catch Casper.

The Start of the second race with reverse order grid started off great. The Miatas and BMWs with their Rear wheel drive launch advantage took over the field. "By Turn 2 "I'll Owe You Won Racing" was right behind Jay2DaB329 "Rapper's Delightful" Miata in 2nd Place. WanganGhost over cooked turn 1 cause the first of many incidents in the first lap. A lot of damage to competitors cars occurred, included but not limited to front suspension, engines and egos. A mysterious act of PD placed Elchinox2's "Road Blocking Corner Hugging Red Rocket" Elise in the middle of the second straight totally perpendicular to the wall. PD decided that we had too much top end for the speed limit that Spain has placed on that road and wanted a mini Auto Cross course for shi...zzz and giggles. The second half of the field got crossed up in this and word has it someone might had pissed oneself over it...

Second Race results, Ozwheels3 took Checker again with BMW "Mo You Sports" 320i Touring Car. Timeee11 again was the first loser with Factory back Honda "Casper The Friendly Integra" Touring Car. Ares118785 with Honda "A Cook Tire Orange" Integra Touring Car took second losers place.

We learned that the Integra was the champ of straight line speed.
The Miata holds out on Tire Wear and nimbleness
The BMWs are the arch nemesis of Honda
Oh and hybrids are for Wankers better known as team Honda "I Love Dandelions" CRZ :-) (sorry for the low blow Flip).

Great Racing tonight everyone, hope no one minds my low blows and sarcasm. On to the Pics and stuff.
I enjoyed the sarcastic commentary. I wish there was a pic of timeee following me in the second race when I dodged the lotus and he didn't.

I enjoyed the sarcastic commentary. I wish there was a pic of timeee following me in the second race when I dodged the lotus and he didn't.
Actually I can get you that. Let me see if I can get that before I leave for vacation. All packed up and just waiting for rush hour traffic to pass before I make the trek to Vermont.

Not happening until I get home... sorry

Last edited:
Actually I can get you that. Let me see if I can get that before I leave for vacation. All packed up and just waiting for rush hour traffic to pass before I make the trek to Vermont.

Not happening until I get home... sorry
hopefully we can see the look on the Lotus drivers face right before I t-boned him at 200km/h. That will funny. ha ha

Latest Posts

Back