GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Really happy for the Tekno team. Van Gisbergen was a gun all weekend, but we can't forget about the solid drives that Parente and Webb put in during the middle of the race. The Nissan team put in a solid job, before today you'd be forgiven for thinking they were well and truly out of the running but their race pace was fantastic. Surely Chiyo is winning fans over each time he visits this place.

I can't wait until the 2017 edition. Hopefully we'll see an all out fight with this years star manufacturers, with the edition of a stronger Ferrari presence utilising the 488, BMW with their M6 and the new Porsche 911.

Am I the only person who thinks the giz got terrified on that last lap and just bought the car home?

Am I the only person who thinks the giz got terrified on that last lap and just bought the car home?
I don't think so. Looking at the margin before he went cruising. He was pretty much a shoe-in for the win and his driving looked rather calm coming to the end.

I think the series needs to find a way to stand on its own. So long as it's a support series to V8 Supercars, its potential is going to be limited. Of course, if it strikes out on its own, it's got to find a way to draw audiences. Eastern Creek and Phillip Island are probably the only two venues that could really host independent events, and maybe that new circuit in South Australia once it's done. I suppose Sandown could as well, but I don't know what the pit facilities are like.

The series' best bet would be to strike a deal with V8 Supercars to run half and half - half of their events in support of V8 Supercars, and half on their own.
They will be at the AGT as well. That will be a venue to bring today's people up to speed about the series.

No doubt Clipsal, Eastern Creek, PI and Highlands are the marquis venues. Townsville wasn't too bad. Though on tv it did appear second rate. Sandown is big enough but, it's no Silverstone. I do think Winton may be on their list.

Townsville wasn't too bad.
It's more of a touring car circuit.

Sandown is big enough but, it's no Silverstone.
It doesn't have to be Silverstone - it just needs to be able to hold a full grid.

I do think Winton may be on their list.
I'm pretty sure the pits are very small.

No doubt Clipsal, Eastern Creek, PI and Highlands are the marquis venues.
Maybe Hampton Downs if and when it gets finished.

I can't see the AGTC ever being able to stand on its own in a big way as long as V8 Supercars are around. Hopefully they can at least use the, new for 2016, Endurance Championship to gain popularity amongst fans to allow them to get that 'prime time' spot right before the V8 races that the V8 Utes and Touring Car Masters occupy.

I can see the Utes losing their ground, though, if they go to the proposed new 'Ute of the Future' regulations (allowing large SUVs such as the Colorado, Ranger and Navara) come to fruition. That might just allow the AGTC to slip right in there.

I can see the Utes losing their ground, though, if they go to the proposed new 'Ute of the Future' regulations (allowing large SUVs such as the Colorado, Ranger and Navara) come to fruition. That might just allow the AGTC to slip right in there.
New Zealand has a utes series of its own, using a large Ssangyong model. The series was broadcast as part of the support bill for the Pukekohe round of the V8 championship last year. It wasn't great - the cars look big, slow and plod around with a high centre of gravity.

I think the biggest challenge GT racing has is the way multiple drivers share a car. The Chiyo/Strauss/Kelly car was repeatedly referred to as the defending champion, but I found that hard to accept because Riep wasn't racing (and I haven't found a good reason for why he was dropped). A lot of people follow the careers of individual drivers, but I think it's hard to build up a following when the team can chop and change so frequently.

I can't think of the last time I've seen a Mclaren sports car win. I got so used to seeing engines blowing up and other reliability issues.

Also, weird issue. I for some reason didn't finish up the last 20mins of the race earlier in my day, which I thought was fine since I was watching the replay. But when I went back hours later, the Nismo TV replay video/stream seemed to only be able to play in 480p then, instead of 720p, and it cut short at 11:55.00, meaning I didn't truly get to see the finish laps or podiums. What gives? Why would the archive be fine at one point, then have an unexpected cut off later?

McLaren did win the most races in the Blancpain Enduro Series last year and with this team.

They did that through strategy and very lucky breaks with the safety car, though I think it was only 3 wins, and one of them was a gift after the Huracan had its results pulled at Monza, they are a great team, but the McLaren has never really been the pace setter like it was at Bathurst,

McLaren have always been a pace setter. It's longevity they've lacked and they did win endurance races last season. Their first since entering GT3. The 650 is now an excellent GT3 car.

McLaren have always been a pace setter. It's longevity they've lacked and they did win endurance races last season. Their first since entering GT3. The 650 is now an excellent GT3 car.

Yeah they thoroughly did their homework on it. The Mp4-12C I heard was high on potential but low on results.

That's the best helmet cam ever! :drool:
You have to go for a drive around. It's just silly how steep and blind the corners are. Taking those turns at the speed they do is unbelievable. I was driving around at 60kms in a Mazda3 and I had to slow( traffic both ways of course) at the Cutting and Forrest's Elbow. Took some photos at the Esses and it's just so steep.

You have to go for a drive around. It's just silly how steep and blind the corners are. Taking those turns at the speed they do is unbelievable. I was driving around at 60kms in a Mazda3 and I had to slow( traffic both ways of course) at the Cutting and Forrest's Elbow. Took some photos at the Esses and it's just so steep.

I tried walking while heavily intoxicated, I fell down the esses....

280kph down Conrod and through the Chase (that's 180 mph or so), and the Audis were getting destroyed on the straights... I can't even imagine what it was like in the GT-R or the McLaren...

280kph down Conrod and through the Chase (that's 180 mph or so), and the Audis were getting destroyed on the straights... I can't even imagine what it was like in the GT-R or the McLaren...

That's the beauty of GT3, the McLaren wasn't the fastest on the straight out of the GT3 cars, it just got their a little quicker, the Audi's also have monstrous acceleration but dont get to the top speed, though we know for a fact that the Germans dont really build Audi's and BMW's for anywhere else but the Nurburgring 24 hour, its fair to say that the new Audi is certainly going into that event as a solo favorite, nearly good enough for me to throw some money on it,

When I first heard of the Bentley project I thought it was a nonsense gimmick... I'm so happy to be very very wrong. Despite it's heft it seems a perfect GT brawler.

When I first heard of the Bentley project I thought it was a nonsense gimmick... I'm so happy to be very very wrong. Despite it's heft it seems a perfect GT brawler.

As far as I know it isn't even the heaviest GT3 car, mind you they had to take out over a tonne of weight..

Back