GT Sport - 2017 vs 2020

Poland
Poland
Gran Turismo Sport will reach 3 years this month. I counted amount of content that was at launch and the content that is in current version of the game (1.61)

At launch:
- 168 cars
- 29 tracks in 17 locations
- 217 campaign events (48 driving school lessons, 64 mission challenges, 105 circuit experience sections)

Current version (1.61)
- 336 cars
- 82 tracks in 29 locations
- 589 campaign events (48 driving school lessons, 64 mission challenges, 299 GT League races, 168 circuit experience sections and 10 Lewis Hamilton challenges)

They added a lot of content

There wasn't new content since May, so I think that GT Sport might be finished.

Gran Turismo Sport will reach 3 years this month. I counted amount of content that was at launch and the content that is in current version of the game (1.61)

At launch:
- 168 cars
- 29 tracks in 17 locations
- 217 campaign events (48 driving school lessons, 64 mission challenges, 105 circuit experience sections)

Current version (1.61)
- 336 cars
- 82 tracks in 29 locations
- 589 campaign events (48 driving school lessons, 64 mission challenges, 299 GT League races, 168 circuit experience sections and 10 Lewis Hamilton challenges)

They added a lot of content

There wasn't new content since May, so I think that GT Sport might be finished.
While I agree PD have done a good job supporting GTS, track layouts are not tracks.

29 tracks, with 82 layouts is the reality.

GT7 thru the whole lifetime of the PS5 makes sense but it doesnt make Turn10 Xbox sense.

Why not sell Forza 5 6 7 thru one life cycle? Get three bites of the pie with all the incumbent DLC and car packs.

If you're forced to have only one entry like GTS that's one thing but does the revenue stream work otherwise for one title?

I'd also note that they really went radio silence since May and I feel its not going to be a 'good' radio silence like Sean Murray Hello Games No Man's Sky...

68 cars is fine if your game is trying to focus on a particular form of racing.

If you're doing just GT1 GT3 and GT4 then yeah but is that even Gran Turismo any more?

I dont actually think that's that many livery dupes this time 'round... eg. there's a std. Peugeot 908 PS3 livery car but no 908 Matmut version.

There is however the 2019 vs 2020 A90 Supra.

It stinks that Covid affected the tour. It was cool to have that going on and it stinks what happened to it.
I think everyone that’s participated a lot in sport mode has grown quite a lot from 2017.
I’m very happy I decided to commit to this title because of its leadership in the segment and huge player base.
I committed myself to online racing, and will continue as long as there’s a GT title to play.
I value: good tracks, good cars (well developed some titles have cars that don’t drive well-obvious hurried number additions that detract from game quality-tracks too-I want quality), livery editor, active player base, fair online play-say what you want about the pen system but it’s the same for all, replays, scapes, etc. Never thought I’d use scapes or livery editor but quite like them and sharing, great concept...
At one point I was thinking ACC would blow me away and gts would collect dust but hasn’t happened.
To me it’s some of the best money I ever spent and time too setting up a wheel and all...It’s been great fun to enter the world of modern racing games on console, a lot spent between t80-t300 (new) to Fanatec (used) plus game plus system plus tv plus Sony gold headphones...It’s money, not cheap, but AFAIC console is the way to go.
I’m glad I didn’t attempt PC, nor do I plan to. I haven’t even come close to mastering the content of GTS ha.
It’s plenty deep enough, I’ve seen some streamers sim racing people who decry it but they simultaneously TOTALLY SUCK ROFLMAO.
If you’re so great prove it, if you can’t beat some kid in URUGUAY on controller maybe the you tube emperor is naked lmao.
I like that accessibility means I can race anyone anytime no matter what too, plenty of guys in this game destroy me on ds4.
I’m not sure that’s something pc elitists are willing to deal with...I mean this seemingly endless talent pool and accessible nature of GTS.
For reference my most played: GTS (by far). Dirt Rally 2 (fabulous imo). and ACC, last PC2 (great for immersion)
I end up in GTS mostly because anytime I can have a fair race against good competition. From cockpit view, with a lot of savings in wheel and time designing and building my setup, I can’t tell if I just got smoked by a ten year old Brazilian on ds4 or if I just punted Igor Fraga....
The concept works period.

Last edited:
It stinks that Covid affected the tour. It was cool to have that going on and it stinks what happened to it.
I think everyone that’s participated a lot in sport mode has grown quite a lot from 2017.
I’m very happy I decided to commit to this title because of its leadership in the segment and huge player base.
I committed myself to online racing, and will continue as long as there’s a GT title to play.
I value: good tracks, good cars (well developed some titles have cars that don’t drive well-obvious hurried number additions that detract from game quality-tracks too-I want quality), livery editor, active player base, fair online play-say what you want about the pen system but it’s the same for all, replays, scapes, etc. Never thought I’d use scapes or livery editor but quite like them and sharing, great concept...
At one point I was thinking ACC would blow me away and gts would collect dust but hasn’t happened.
To me it’s some of the best money I ever spent and time too setting up a wheel and all...It’s been great fun to enter the world of modern racing games on console, a lot spent between t80-t300 (new) to Fanatec (used) plus game plus system plus tv plus Sony gold headphones...It’s money, not cheap, but AFAIC console is the way to go.
I’m glad I didn’t attempt PC, nor do I plan to. I haven’t even come close to mastering the content of GTS ha.
It’s plenty deep enough, I’ve seen some streamers sim racing people who decry it but they simultaneously TOTALLY SUCK ROFLMAO.
If you’re so great prove it, if you can’t beat some kid in URUGUAY on controller maybe the you tube emperor is naked lmao.
I like that accessibility means I can race anyone anytime no matter what too, plenty of guys in this game destroy me on ds4.
I’m not sure that’s something pc elitists are willing to deal with...I mean this seemingly endless talent pool and accessible nature of GTS.
For reference my most played: GTS (by far). Dirt Rally 2 (fabulous imo). and ACC, last PC2 (great for immersion)
I end up in GTS mostly because anytime I can have a fair race against good competition. From cockpit view, with a lot of savings in wheel and time designing and building my setup, I can’t tell if I just got smoked by a ten year old Brazilian on ds4 or if I just punted Igor Fraga....
The concept works period.

But the only reason pad and wheel drivers can be equal is because Polyphony nerfs wheels and gives advantages to pad users. If the game was meant to utilize wheels we would be able to adjust brake and gas linearity. There are also some weird things physics wise that I see that don't add up which makes the game too arcade like.

I dont actually think that's that many livery dupes this time 'round... eg. there's a std. Peugeot 908 PS3 livery car but no 908 Matmut version.
I honestly still don't understand why they just don't use a base model of the car and then let us choose the liveries we want as paint options when we buy it. This would let us keep both the Matmut and the version we have now without cluttering up the game menus with what would otherwise be a dupe.

Back