GT Sport and money.

• Thread starter MightyL
  • 114 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium
Belgium
Mightylieven
I just did a little bit of math. Having earned 31.800.000 CR after 398 days of owning GT Sport. I checked out the total price of all cars still to buy. At this rate (I do not grind) I still have to play 7 years of GT Sport before I would own every car in the game. That is, if they don't add any new ones and considering I don't win any I don't own already. But that never happens anyway.

Kazunori, i think you should rethink the prize money...

398 days, of which you've only accessed the game for 125 and have only racked up 7 days and 11 hours driving. So you play the game for 1hr 25 mins each session (on average) and play just over twice a week (on average)... if you're that worried about it taking seven years, you could play a little more often, or for a little longer. If you did Northern Isle TT Cup race once for each of these sessions (takes about 5mins 30secs), in an N200 TT and got the CRB each time, you'd have earned approx. 20% extra credits by now.

Just an observation.

I decided to buy every car I didn't have starting with the cheapest. So far I have never run out of money and have all but 40 cars and the only "grinding" was 15min doing the nostalgic race twice each day for the free car when playing Assassins Creed. It's a really fast way of making money when you put the game on the back burner.

The super expensive cars skew the total, and if you don't care about the VGT stuff you can save another huge bunch. Thinking back to the older games there were so many I think like a lot of people I found my favourites and ignored a lot of variations anyway.

398 days, of which you've only accessed the game for 125 and have only racked up 7 days and 11 hours driving. So you play the game for 1hr 25 mins each session (on average) and play just over twice a week (on average)... if you're that worried about it taking seven years, you could play a little more often, or for a little longer. If you did Northern Isle TT Cup race once for each of these sessions (takes about 5mins 30secs), in an N200 TT and got the CRB each time, you'd have earned approx. 20% extra credits by now.

Just an observation.

im not worried. its just an observation. i have a very busy work schedule so twice a week is about the most i can do. i will never reach one of the 20 mil cars

On my way to 9.5 milliom credits. The most I've ever had at once. Seeing how long it takes to get 20 mil with no grinding.

im not worried. its just an observation. i have a very busy work schedule so twice a week is about the most i can do. i will never reach one of the 20 mil cars
If you have a very busy work schedule and you can only play the game twice a week, well you can not blame the game just because the prize money is not good enough for you.
If you want something you need to grind and there is no other way, if you don't like to grind well it is going to take you a very long time to get what you want.

OP sums tally up with mine. HOwever the difference is I only aspire to own cars that are actually useful to me and I try to use whatever cars I already own to complete races/

I would like the Tesla and the Zonda and all the LMP hybrids but I dont have any use for them and I just use my free Audi R18 hybrid in that series.

I just did a little bit of math. Having earned 31.800.000 CR after 398 days of owning GT Sport. I checked out the total price of all cars still to buy. At this rate (I do not grind) I still have to play 7 years of GT Sport before I would own every car in the game. That is, if they don't add any new ones and considering I don't win any I don't own already. But that never happens anyway.

And if you played the game how it was intended (Sport Mode) you'd have even less. The payouts are a joke.

And if you played the game how it was intended (Sport Mode) you'd have even less. The payouts are a joke.
I have earned 34,9 million in 138 game acces days with playing mainly Sport Mode. So about simular to what OP is earning i think.

Buying cars under a million for £3 is not a bad deal at all, I understand how it feels when you don't have time to sit and practice, sometimes is better to save the money for the big classics.
Have you tried the Premium Sports Lounge? Is supposed to be N1000, but it can be done in N400 (some people can do it in N300), and if you race clean the bonus is quite high. Lago Maggiore and Dragon Trail are probably the best ones, Monza and Tokyo are a big gamble (high speed maximizes any tiny mistake, in particular with inferior HP) and Blue Moon is just too boring. You can make money and practice at the same time. 👍

If you have a very busy work schedule and you can only play the game twice a week, well you can not blame the game just because the prize money is not good enough for you.
If you want something you need to grind and there is no other way, if you don't like to grind well it is going to take you a very long time to get what you want.

I disagree with that. I consider myself a regular gt sport player. Twice a week is not a bad rate. If it takes me more than half a year to buy 1 20mil car of which there are 4 (if im correct) without buying any other car, i think prize money and what some cars cost are not in proportion. Im not looking for a too easy way to get those cars but somehow the way it is now is not balanced...

I disagree with that. I consider myself a regular gt sport player. Twice a week is not a bad rate. If it takes me more than half a year to buy 1 20mil car of which there are 4 (if im correct) without buying any other car, i think prize money and what some cars cost are not in proportion. Im not looking for a too easy way to get those cars but somehow the way it is now is not balanced...
If it takes you more than a half a year to buy 1 of the 20 million car, well you can not blame the game because you took so long to buy one, it is you because you play a lot less of GT Sport.

Just remember the more you play to earn credits the more credits you will have, the less you play the less credits you are going to get.

This is a slight change in attitude was in GT5 and 6 you could easily grind for cash with the daily 200% bonus and the races in both A and B spec that would yield like a million in 5 mins lol... so I frequently hit the $50 mil. limit and spend on damn well anything...

Now you have to budget.

If it takes you more than a half a year to buy 1 of the 20 million car, well you can not blame the game because you took so long to buy one, it is you because you play a lot less of GT Sport.

Are you really sure you want to get involved in another debate on how the rewards system is so hilariously unbalanced you'd be forgiven for thinking it's actively trying to stop people playing?

I hope for your sake you've got better arguments than "it's not the game's fault you have a job" lined u-

If you have a very busy work schedule and you can only play the game twice a week, well you can not blame the game

..yeah, I don't know why I was expecting anything different either.

Are you really sure you want to get involved in another debate on how the rewards system is so hilariously unbalanced you'd be forgiven for thinking it's actively trying to stop people playing?

I hope for your sake you've got better arguments than "it's not the game's fault you have a job" lined u-
Please get this right sunshine, the reward system is spot on and there is no need for bigger or better payouts for the events for this game. If players can not play because of real life work schedule or whatever, well you can not blame the game can you sunshine.

Players want to play less and earn a lot of credits, and it does not work that way. This is a long term game, and there is no need to get everything in 5 minutes, but that what some players want.
This is a spot on credits system, you play less the less you earn in credits, you need to play the game more to earn more credits.
So if you not got the time to earn credits playing, well don't bloody blame the game.

Please get this right sunshine, the reward system is spot on and there is no need for bigger or better payouts for the events for this game. If players can not play because of real life work schedule or whatever, well you can not blame the game can you sunshine.

Players want to play less and earn a lot of credits, and it does not work that way. This is a long term game, and there is no need to get everything in 5 minutes, but that what some players want.
This is a spot on credits system, you play less the less you earn in credits, you need to play the game more to earn more credits.
So if you not got the time to earn credits playing, well don't bloody blame the game.
Spot on! For those who think the credit system is "way off", do you also complain about the fact that it takes you longer than 2 hours to finish a game like let's say "Uncharted IV" on crushing level? And do you also complain to your boss about the fact that with your current salary it takes you longer then six months to save up for a brand new car?
I don't think so, actually this GT version is the first where it actually feels like a good reward, and you finally have to put in some effort to buy the cars you want or need, in the previous versions I got bored and very irritated about the fact that after the first, say, 10 races it was way too easy to earn enough credits for a car that would guarantee a win in the next series. I literally had to force myself buying more challenging cars and restrain from upgrading it too much to make sure it would take some effort to win the next race.

..yeah, I don't know why I was expecting anything different either.

You say that like it's not a valid point. The game doesn't dictate how much time people have.

You say that like it's not a valid point. The game doesn't dictate how much time people have.

no, but it does dictate how many hours of gaming are required in order to earn enough credits to buy a given car. are you suggesting that there isn't a line that could be crossed by PD where it IS unfairly set up? because unless that's your position, what we're dealing with here is differing opinions on just how much time it should take to basically get to use the full game we all paid for. personally, i don't think I should have to put hundreds of hours into a game in order to be able to use all of its content. I also don't think it makes much sense for the game to be set up so that only unemployed people or those who don't need sleep can actually acquire most or all of the cars in less than a couple years...

I play about 42km a day and at most, I play like 30 lap endurances as required by the leagues and yeah, I have 400+ cars and have earned about $32 mil. - its enough to buy a Daytona. a RBR x2014 and all the Group C's and various other $1 mil cars I needed.

I'm sort of ok with the way this game handles the economy in that I dont greatly crave the $20 mil. cars as I got away with winning in a $15 mil. one (yeah I did Le mans, St Croix and Monza in it),,, the game did provide me with "a sense of pride and accomplishment"... I kid.

I feel like this game is much less of a time sink that GT5/6 and I'm ok with that since I have a full time job and all the other nonsense.

I could easily do 84km a day or more but eh... this game is great in short bursts.

The game literally gives you a car by every day you play at least 42.195 km. So, after 398 days you should have about half the cars in the game, even considering most of the days you would receive duplicates.

And there is so much ways to make money fast in GT Sport...

398 days, of which you've only accessed the game for 125 and have only racked up 7 days and 11 hours driving. So you play the game for 1hr 25 mins each session (on average) and play just over twice a week (on average)...

But, as I understand, you play occasionally, don't grind, and amazes you that it would take years to buy every single car in the game... that's cute

there is no need to get everything in 5 minutes

Ah, the broken record returns. Gotta love the classics, eh, sunshine?

ou say that like it's not a valid point.

And you say it like people having things like jobs to attend to is a laughable excuse for them not bothering to grind their arse out in a virtual piece of software they paid money for. What's your point?

Ultimately, as I've tried arguing time and time again, it boils down to this: why do you (and when I say "you", I mean the both of you) play video games in the first place? In what way does playing a video game satisfy you? What makes video games a worthy use of time for you?

You get a free car every day, for only doing 30 miles or so. Plus there are loads of cars to win by doing the licences and track. Without really trying people can get dozens and dozens of different cars without spending a single credit. Yet people still complain.

I dont have an OCD which is compulsing me to own every single car in the whole game though...

no, but it does dictate how many hours of gaming are required in order to earn enough credits to buy a given car. are you suggesting that there isn't a line that could be crossed by PD where it IS unfairly set up? because unless that's your position, what we're dealing with here is differing opinions on just how much time it should take to basically get to use the full game we all paid for. personally, i don't think I should have to put hundreds of hours into a game in order to be able to use all of its content. I also don't think it makes much sense for the game to be set up so that only unemployed people or those who don't need sleep can actually acquire most or all of the cars in less than a couple years...

My position is pretty much the same as it always has been. Payouts from all game modes should offer rewards in the same range of Credits per Second (15 - 370 based on GT League)... other than that, I don't have a problem with the set up. I have also stated I think 20 million is (or at least was) too much - however as the game has expanded I think it's becoming more reasonable - the opportunity to buy a 20,000,000 car is effectively a reward for completing the GT League and Arcade races.

Where PD decide to set the bar is up to them, they've clearly decided that certain cars should be very difficult to obtain. The price of those cars is simply a reflection of this. The game gives everyone the same opportunity to do this, which is fundamentally fair.

But, as I understand, you play occasionally, don't grind, and amazes you that it would take years to buy every single car in the game... that's cute

Personally I go through phases of playing the game a lot, and not touching it. And no, I don't grind. I bought a 20 million car mostly using the rubber-band technique, which was a choice. I've earned 83,170,484 credits in 278 days accessing the game. Knock off that 20 mill and I've still effectively earned over 60,000,000 through normal play*. My average time per session is about the same as the OP's, so the difference comes from the fact I play more than twice as often.

*There's been quite a few smaller rubber band sessions during time spent creating decals, but given how small the payouts actually are in terms of Cr/Sec, I doubt they've added up to much.

And you say it like people having things like jobs to attend to is a laughable excuse for them not bothering to grind their arse out in a virtual piece of software they paid money for. What's your point?

My point was the sentence you didn't quote. The game doesn't dictate what amount of time people have to play - simple as that. I'm an adult male with a sensible work life balance (most of the time), and I've accrued the amounts stated above, I didn't say anything about it being laughable.

Ultimately, as I've tried arguing time and time again, it boils down to this: why do you (and when I say "you", I mean the both of you) play video games in the first place? In what way does playing a video game satisfy you? What makes video games a worthy use of time for you?

Fundamentally, enjoyment. If I don't enjoy something I don't play it. If, after researching it, I don't think I'll enjoy something, I don't buy it - for example, I didn't buy GT Sport at release because I don't enjoy online gaming.

The satisfaction element is more complex, in GTS specifically, essentially it's about doing something well, be it livery, lap time or finishing position. I would say that satisfaction isn't necessarily required for enjoyment. A game like RDR2 doesn't offer me any satisfaction, but it's enjoyable because of the story element and how immersive it is - IOM TT is only about satisfaction, the only thing that matters to me in that game is my lap time, on one course, on one bike.

As for what makes it worthy of my time, if I enjoy it - does it entertain, does it interest, does it satisfy, does it offer any longevity, do I learn from it?

I don't think the payouts are a problem considering the prices of most cars in the game (I would almost go as far to say that some of them are too cheap :eek: ), but I do think 15-20m for a car is pushing it.

Thankfully, you get gifted most of the cars anyway so you don't need to buy much, but it's still an issue to be able to afford a 20m car. I have no idea how much GT League pays out, but I've almost finished all the other SP stuff and I'm only at 10m (which I've had to dip into so it's more like 6m). I understand not putting them in the prize draw, but the grind is a bit too much IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back