GT Sport Balance of Performance Adjusted Ahead of 2021 FIA Online Championship Season

• Thread starter Mert160
  • 36 comments
It's because of the difference between the different definitions of HP. The GTS website lists the "metric horsepower" (or pferdestärke) unit, whereas the lobby in-game will list the "international horsepower" unit rounded down. It all checks out if you take a look at this website: https://www.convertunits.com/from/hp/to/ps

557 PS/metric HP = 549.xx international/electric HP
585 PS/metric HP = 576.xx international/electric HP
343 PS/metric HP = 338.xx international/electric HP

So if you check out some other cars that changed, you should see the following:

Gr3:
Mazda RX Vision: 526 HP in-game
McLaren: 539 HP in-game

Gr4:
NSX: 368 HP in-game
Scirocco: 329 HP in-game
Audi TT: 333 HP in-game

Hold UP!! Why doesn't the weight match on the TT? Don't tell me there are international pounds....

Edit: Apparently thats a rounding issue, the Citroen matches perfectly. I'm going to catch these guys slipping...and when I do!!!

So Mr. Greddy wants to sign with Audi...very interesting ;)

Oh Lord No, it was the first GR4 in my garage from time trial at Laguna last week. LOL. :D I can't drive the R8 to save my life! :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
By my spreadsheet calculations, the FF cars still retain the top 4 places sorting by power to weight ratio. Only difference is the TT goes from first to third. The Scirocco will probably become the leaderboard favorite.

I'd love to see FF dominance in daily races taken down a notch but I suspect, as usual, the only times they won't be OP is in tight turning tracks and/or tire wear factored races, and will continue to dominate almost every Gr.4 Daily B race.

Sad to see the Cayman and Viper nerfed as those were the only two non-FF cars that could contend in said races. The understeer on FF feels so horrible to me that I'll take a hit on lap time for a better driving experience.

Numbers aren't everything though. Will try to keep an open mind and see how it affects race/quali results.

Sad to see the Cayman and Viper nerfed as those were the only two non-FF cars that could contend in said races.

It occurred to me that the cars which ranked closely after the FFs(▼), Viper(▼), Cayman(▼) might become more useful.

What were your alternative Gr.4 choices?

For me it's probably 650S(-), F-Type(-), WRX(-), 458(-), Huracan(-), Megane Trophy(▲).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr.3 changes make sense, but some of the changes in Gr.4 is perplexing.
- Alfa loses more weight than it gains power, which will make it OP in tyre again. Same thing with Megane Trophy and Toyota. This makes me think the upcoming season will have very high tyre wear rates.
- Citroen and NSX haven't been OP for a long time, and they both gain weight which will ruin their tyre saving ability even more (their only advantage). NSX is almost as heavy as GT-R now :crazy:
- Cayman and Viper nerfed as it should.
- FFs are interesting. They will brake worse, turn worse, accelerate slower and have worse tyre wear. Top speed (which most people don't realise have always been the Achilles heel of FFs) should be slightly improved. Is it enough to even the odds in long races? Only time will tell.

RIP to the boys at the Mitsubishi plant.....Consistently in the bottom 4 every season, still 0 love from the BOP Gods.

Mitsubishi need better drivers, not a BOP adjustment. Their Gr.3 car is basically identical to Subaru (which won the Manufacturer Cup). The Gr.4 is slightly slower than Subaru, but it's not the worst in class either.

I can guarantee you if the Hizal-Miyazono-Solis alliance picks Mitsu next season, they will immediately vault up to the Top 3.

I've no idea how they're coming up with these adjustments, if the whole point of the BoP is for sport mode, why not base it off sport mode results? PD must have a way of knowing total results across the daily races, so why not which cars had the most and least wins every time that class comes up in a daily, and give those cars a nerf/buff to even the class up?

Real world series that use BoP base it on results, would make sense to use it in GTS as well.

I would like to know as well. I don't think basing it off results would be accurate though, because the driver often makes bigger difference in the top splits. Also more popular brands will have more drivers, and more chances of doing well statistically.

We know PD hired some of the fast Japanese drivers as a tester, but some of the changes have been weird. And they affect drivers of different skill levels differently. Gr.3 is pretty good now but I do not think they will ever get Gr.4 right until they nuke the FF/4WD out.

Alfa is a good change, the car was nearly useless because of it's sliding and the ability to kill you while off-throttle. Now the sliding is a bit improved, but it is still there and you have to "learn" the car. Top speed is still slowest or thereabout but the acceleration is better. We have tested it at Interlagos last week in a long race and the only way of attacking was during sector 2, otherwise the Power are will wipe the floor with you

Well, I know one thing, the FFs haven't touched me in Daily Race B, while I'm in the Mustang. The souls that used the TT and RCZ hoping they'd be as they were before the update, ain't happening. We'll see what happens on some longer straights and flowing tracks.

Actually in manufactures cup if the BOP differences balance out the cars strengths and weaknesses across different circuit types such as high speed long straights favoring certain cars while slower more technical circuits favor the other half of the cars as long as you are married to that same vehicle for the entire season then it will somewhat balance itself if the circuits are varied enough in the season.

But on the other hand in something like Nations cup where the car manufacturer is not locked for the season the only way to really have a varied field of EQUALLY MATCHED cars EVERY RACE and not have cars that on some circuits that are the go to op vehicle the BOP needs to be set independently for EVERY circuit run during that season.

Really regardless of the series and car driveline type or class the best racing using multiple car makes and types is for the bop to independently be set to each circuit for each make of car by total lap time average and total race time registered over the course of the event.
This would then factor in fuel usage, tire wear and lap time drop off as a result and time taken in the pits for refueling amount differences.
When you get to mixing fwd and rwd drivelines along with the different tire wear and traction as a result of those differences you need to really balance those differences as the different circuits and the circuit characteristics can have such different effects on the different cars.

Latest Posts

Back