GT Sport beta physics discussion - Read the First Post Before Replying

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 1,164 comments
Do the front wheels magically steer themselves without any input from the player in GTS too?

It's strange that you ask this. Just last night I was watching some GTS videos of Nordschleife, and there were a number of moments where I thought the driver was going to lose it, but some sort of magic auto-correction pulled the car back in line.

It's strange that you ask this. Just last night I was watching some GTS videos of Nordschleife, and there were a number of moments where I thought the driver was going to lose it, but some sort of magic auto-correction pulled the car back in line.
At least GTS is trying to save the player, whereas NFS tried to kill the player! :lol:

Yeah, the physics of Most Wanted 2012 were absolutely awful!
I'm referring to NFS 2015 specifically. That game's physics were basically non-existent.

Anyways, let's get back on topic before I get a full rant typed about NFS.

With Driving Aids or not?

I think the pyisics for the R8 LMS might be a little messed up. It seems way to easy to spin at low speeds.
One of my favorite cars, and yes she is a tough one to tame!

Any suggestion on setup? It's my favorite car, but I can't seem to keep it from spinning.

You can try used this setup developed in GT6 to try fix the R8 low speed issue, see if it works on GTS, read the 3 posts to follow the changes to the setup, try adapt it see if if it works. There are discussion with @LeGeNd-1 about tuning, might be useful :)

Setup
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-149#post-11438839

Damper, steering response issue :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-150#post-11458920

Aero and some more damper :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-150#post-11459045

If camber works in GTS, the setup above which uses camber should work nicely :)

You can try used this setup developed in GT6 to try fix the R8 low speed issue, see if it works on GTS, read the 3 posts to follow the changes to the setup, try adapt it see if if it works. There are discussion with @LeGeNd-1 about tuning, might be useful :)

Setup
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-149#post-11438839

Damper, steering response issue :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-150#post-11458920

Aero and some more damper :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...em-s2000-cizeta.294814/page-150#post-11459045

If camber works in GTS, the setup above which uses camber should work nicely :)
Trying this in 15 min! @Ridox2JZGTE for the springs are those in kg/mm? In GTS they are actually in ibf/in

Last edited:
Just FYI, the R8 LMS setup I linked has 528HP, 1250kg with 47/53 distribution ( stock weight, no ballast ), the weight distribution plays a role, so please keep that in mind.
Bro we have no weight distribution option in GTS. :guilty:

You can add weight or drop weight but there is no ballast postion.
Have you checked if we have the same options in both Sport Mode and Arcade (Single Race & Time Trial). Thank you for info on that:tup::). Could this have something to do maybe, they have the settings locked in sport mode online races?. Do you have received any road cars in the beta, if so have you checked if the weight distribution on them are correct vs real life. Some of the road cars in GT6 were way off:cheers:

Trying this in 15 min! @Ridox2JZGTE for the springs are those in kg/mm? In GTS they are actually in ibf/in

Here are the spring rate in lb/in : 1314 front, 1086 rear, try to get close, while:) in Nmm ( original reference spring rate ) 230Nmm front , 190Nmm rear.

You can try run low LSD accel, say 24, and reduce rear ARB to minimum (1) with the setup while keeping front ARB at 3, it helps on twisty track.

Have you checked if we have the same options in both Sport Mode and Arcade (Single Race & Time Trial). Thank you for info on that:tup::). Could this have something to do maybe, they have the settings locked in sport mode online races?. Do you have received any road cars in the beta, if so have you checked if the weight distribution on them are correct vs real life. Some of the road cars in GT6 were way off:cheers:
Yea bro I have checked everything and there is no weight distribution option at all, to take it further I dont think they show the weight distribution numbers for any cars like they did in GT6. I have 3 road cars Evo Audi TTS and Focus ST They all feel way better than GT6 especially if you fix the awful alignment. The springs are also a lot stiffer than they are but the problem is they don't go low enough to match up the real life numbers In GTS.

@Ridox2JZGTE the stock online BOP Audi R8 LMS is pretty close to those power and weight numbers you gave me,( 2,780 lbs 533 hp 369.2 Torque) the alignment was close also. The spring rates are differently set up GTS has it softer in the front compared to the rear.(front 1,152/rear 1,591) I can make the front to match the GT6 numbers,(1,313) but the rear only goes down to 1,248 your number is at 1,085. Going to take her out and see whats up.

Yea bro I have checked everything and there is no weight distribution option at all, to take it further I dont think they show the weight distribution numbers for any cars like they did in GT6. I have 3 road cars Evo Audi TTS and Focus ST They all feel way better than GT6 especially if you fix the awful alignment. The springs are also a lot stiffer than they are but the problem is they don't go low enough to match up the real life numbers In GTS.

@Ridox2JZGTE the stock online BOP Audi R8 LMS is pretty close to those power and weight numbers you gave me,( 2,780 lbs 533 hp 369.2 Torque) the alignment was close also. The spring rates are differently set up GTS has it softer in the front compared to the rear.(front 1,152/rear 1,591) I can make the front to match the GT6 numbers,(1,313) but the rear only goes down to 1,248 your number is at 1,085. Going to take her out and see whats up.

Raise the front spring rate to 1510 lb/in or as close to that number while rear minimum at 1248 lb/in :)

Will there ever be a day when you don't have to repeatedly change the assists back to none in driving options?

I think it's tied to each car. I know some cars i turn TCS off and others i keep it at 1. Once i set it for a car i don't have to change it every time. But yeah, it would be nice to have an option "every new car comes with all aids off" [x]

Raise the front spring rate to 1510 lb/in or as close to that number while rear minimum at 1248 lb/in :)
Oh baby!!! Thanks bro for the help way more manageable, actually I'm good on the low to mid speed corners. It was scary how I could easily spin out! I just have to get use to the turn in and not over turn because of it's layout. I might also have to fix the damping because mid turn bumps really messing up the balance of the car. Thanks a lot man! Really love the R8 LMS bro the sound is just amazing!

Yea bro I have checked everything and there is no weight distribution option at all, to take it further I dont think they show the weight distribution numbers for any cars like they did in GT6. I have 3 road cars Evo Audi TTS and Focus ST They all feel way better than GT6 especially if you fix the awful alignment. The springs are also a lot stiffer than they are but the problem is they don't go low enough to match up the real life numbers In GTS..

Bro the more and more I play this its just gets better and better! Don't get me wrong its not perfect but they are going in the right direction! While the seasonal GT player will feel right at home im telling you the physics are a lot diffrent. Im actually going into turns hot and the rear swings out bad if you dont have the correct balance. Sometimes I completely spin out. :lol: Really enjoying this game man I can't wait to get that damn McLaren. :drool:

Oh baby!!! Thanks bro for the help way more manageable, actually I'm good on the low to mid speed corners. It was scary how I could easily spin out! I just have to get use to the turn in and not over turn because of it's layout. I might also have to fix the damping because mid turn bumps really messing up the balance of the car. Thanks a lot man! Really love the R8 LMS bro the sound is just amazing!

If you feel the car over eager to turn, maybe you can increase rear aero ? Glad the car drives well 👍
BTW, where did you drive it ? Big Willow ? I just had a look at my old notes, the R8 LMS setup ( 528HP/1250kg) did 1:13s flat in 1st lap at Big Willow on RH tire in GT6. I think GTS R8 LMS would be faster than that. :)

Cars being hard drive with spins and all has got to be good news.

Thank the good Lord those moronic driver aids aren't working too well or working at all otherwise we're all doomed.

If you feel the car over eager to turn, maybe you can increase rear aero ? Glad the car drives well 👍
BTW, where did you drive it ? Big Willow ? I just had a look at my old notes, the R8 LMS setup ( 528HP/1250kg) did 1:13s flat in 1st lap at Big Willow on RH tire in GT6. I think GTS R8 LMS would be faster than that. :)
Right now we only have The Ring and Brands hatch GP(Arcade mode) I will take that into consideration im also as well going to look into your old GT6 sets ups and tuning notes. Again thanks a lot man! 👍

Cars being hard drive with spins and all has got to be good news.

Thank the good Lord those moronic driver aids aren't working too well or working at all otherwise we're all doomed.
Yes I think it is good news, what I would like PD to look into though is I think the cars are easy to catch, dont get me wrong sometimes I cant catch it but majority I can I would like to see it be a little harder. In AC as soon as the cars goes out of control im like oh 🤬 and it mighy be over the top but I rather a little over the top than extra easy. Edit sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back