GT Sport By The Numbers: 8 Billion Miles, 51 Million Liveries

30 million are anime, 20 million are paint swaps to get the achievement, 500,000 are bad martini or gulf liveries, 250,000 are 'we want..' spam liveries.. Some of what's left are passable :lol::lol:
Yeah and one of those 500,000 bad Martini liveries is mine :lol:

I painted 1 car over a year ago and my stats show 7 liveries. Not sure how that happened but yeah, the numbers are easily exaggerated.
If you make alterations to a livery then upload it or counts as a separate livery. You can go to [LIBRARY]>[CAR LIVERY] and delete unwanted content from there.

You need to measure a daily average as a metric of user experience in an online game

No. A lot of people do not play videogames everyday and publishers don't expect i either. You can see the fluctuations if you took daily whereas weekly provides a more stable representation of your userbase.

Which is why sport mode shoehorns the players into a selection of only three races at a time, to ensure that there's enough depth. Which tells a much different story than 7M players.

It's the same for most non F2P multiplayer games.

No. A lot of people do not play videogames everyday and publishers don't expect i either. You can see the fluctuations if you took daily whereas weekly provides a more stable representation of your userbase.

That's why you would average the daily player numbers over a longer period of time.

More people have raced in lobbies than daily races - which surprises me a little.

Only 358,000 have competed in the FIA out of 7 million players. The game expects casual players to know how the FIA races work - it could probably do with a basic introduction.

Edit: wrong number used!

There's is no real point to the FIA races for the majority of players, if you're nowhere near being good enough, why bother?
I didn't start playing the game regularly until last August, which was when I first started doing the FIA races. The final actual official season seemed as good a time as any to start...

But, I generally enjoy them more than daily races for a few reasons. There's more variety. The qualifying makes the whole thing feel more formal and serious. Them being single (or limited) entry make them feel more momentous. Momentous is too strong a word but more serious. They feel like they mean more. I don't ever look at my rankings, I just try to improve with each new season I enter.

There should definitely be an introduction or explanation though. I was always put off by not knowing what they were or how they worked. Now I know, it's my favourite part of the game.

Latest Posts

Back