GT Sport cars to last the next 20 years

• Thread starter Huzar
  • 12 comments

Huzar

(Banned)
Poland
Poland
It's this attention to detail that has led to the initial culling of cars compared to Gran Turismo 6. The previous title had about 1200 vehicles whereas GT Sport only has 157 to choose from.

"We don't want to have to ever remake these models, and so that the data would last the next 20 years," said Yamauchi.

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news...ort-116597.html?trackLink=SMH1?trackLink=SMH1

LOL where have i heard this before. https://www.gtplanet.net/gt5s-premium-cars-go-beyond-ps3s-capabilities/ ohh yahh.

I remember him saying 10 years, not 20. He also said that if the technology will evolve very much, they'll start the cars from scratch again. But he thinks the cars will last for @10 years.
Btw, I'm glad they started from scratch. The cars look waaay much better ( if you look in detail. Also, take a look at the comparison threads and you'll se for yourself)

Makes me wonder how "bad" the ps3 premiums really are then. Weren't they downgraded for the ps3 but originally built at PD to a higher degree? I just want Aussie cars back in GT. Don't want to always jump back to Horizon 3 for my fix. There's nothing like Gran Turismo out there in terms of the presentation and quality (minus the standard cars of course)

Makes me wonder how "bad" the ps3 premiums really are then. Weren't they downgraded for the ps3 but originally built at PD to a higher degree? I just want Aussie cars back in GT. Don't want to always jump back to Horizon 3 for my fix. There's nothing like Gran Turismo out there in terms of the presentation and quality (minus the standard cars of course)

For real ? wait so they could have saved the High quality version for next generation while downgrading for PS3.

So Brutal PS2 standards yahh why not in a HD PS3 game. beautiful hd PS3 premiums, nahh not good enough now.

What the hell type of logic do they operate under.

For real ? wait so they could have saved the High quality version for next generation while downgrading for PS3.

So Brutal PS2 standards yahh why not in a HD PS3 game. beautiful hd PS3 premiums, nahh not good enough now.

What the hell type of logic do they operate under.

Remember when everyone complained about inconsistencies with the car models in GT5/6? Sure they could reuse premiums from GT5/6 (maybe they even will?), but I imagine they were concerned about making the exact same mistake they made previously! Hence the "we built it from the ground up" (something to that effect) comments that have been said.

In fact the majority of GT Sport has seen a significant improvement on complaints made about previous iterations of the series. The vacuum cleaners, the standard vs premiums, the rehashed formula, the oversaturation of vehicle choice, etc.

They simply listened to feedback and applied it, cant really blame them to be honest.

Remember when everyone complained about inconsistencies with the car models in GT5/6? Sure they could reuse premiums from GT5/6 (maybe they even will?), but I imagine they were concerned about making the exact same mistake they made previously! Hence the "we built it from the ground up" (something to that effect) comments that have been said.

In fact the majority of GT Sport has seen a significant improvement on complaints made about previous iterations of the series. The vacuum cleaners, the standard vs premiums, the rehashed formula, the oversaturation of vehicle choice, etc.

They simply listened to feedback and applied it, cant really blame them to be honest.

He said the same thing about GT5 cars..

Also the models are still inconsistent , very detailed interior, bland flat texture interior and no interior cars .

Except there is a worldly difference between the bad standarts and PS3 premiums. Compared with the much much smaller PS3 premiums and GTsport cars.
Lets not pretend PD listens to the fanbase, they do and tell you whatever they think is right.

The lack of the rehashed formula is the number one complaint about GTsport lol.

they said ps3 premiums were future proofed too. Only one thing matters, and that's what they're delivering now, and there's not enough of it. Who's going to want to drive a 20 year old virtual concept car that doesn't exist in real life anyway?

I do not understand what your purpose, in 202 messages you have written consistently GT **** ... but do not you get tired of it? the mods should intervene on your way to post because it does not bring anything constructive to the forum but only so many posts that only create annoying discussions on topics discussed in specific topics.

I do not understand what your purpose, in 202 messages you have written consistently GT **** ... but do not you get tired of it? the mods should intervene on your way to post because it does not bring anything constructive to the forum but only so many posts that only create annoying discussions on topics discussed in specific topics.

Why does it bother you so ? can't handle a difference of opinion ?

Do you think Gtsport PD or Kaz don't deserve all the criticism i hurl at them ? do you believe my posts lack a basis in truth or legitimacy ? Do you prefer an echo chamber like neogaf. Worked out well for them didn't it ?

Wouldn't be surprising if we are still driving these cars in a GT game 10-20 years later. Car roster being dated is a GT staple now...:lol:

While pretty much most newer driving games tries to put you in the latest and greatest cars, GT has been stuck with cars not quite new enough to be the "new hotness" but no real classic neither. And then the fact a lot of them aren't even "real" is even more annoying.

GTS has lots of areas that will need improvements going forward, but as far as the cars go, I don't think there's any denying they're the best looking in the genre right now.

I think a lot of people unfamiliar with GTS would probably have a hard distinguishing between photo mode and real cars. No the PS3 cars were not "future proof", but what we have now lasting up to 10 years down the line? I can see that.

Latest Posts

Back