GT Sport Decal Uploader

Vince_Fiero

Off the track driver
Premium
Belgium
G-D Luxembourg
GTP_Vince_Fiero
The goal is to help people getting started with the GT Sport Decal uploader (results on cars to show off in the Livery thread):

Go to gran-turismo. com
On the right there is Decal uploader

Afterwards you can use the SVG files in the livery editor of GT Sport.

How to get SVG files?

1) You created them yourself in an SVG editor: Inkscape, SVG edit, SVG.js, Method Draw, Snap.svg, Adobe Edge, SVG Morpheus, quasi-svg, Plain pattern, Chartist.js, Fildrop, Bonsai, SVGMagic, Glyphter, iconizr

2) As alternative you start from the highest quality base (picture) you can, e.g. PDF files
=> many of the editors above can import pictures, etc ... and allow to safe them as SVG
e.g.: In Inkscape use the object to path, if it has too many points you can simplify the path (CTRL+L)

3) If required a visit an optimiser: e.g. SVGGO, svgminify.com, ...

You can build up more complex decals with decals limited to 15k.
Look also here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/user-decals-a-tutorial-on-how-to-make-svg.361630/unread

Current tools seem to have issues:
SVG-Optimiser - Peter Collingridge => seems to move parts strangely

Last edited:
I was experimenting and some pictures need to be put in negative:
4692825579064427032_1.png

applied correctly they give this:

5773624689298506256_0.jpg

The goal is to help people getting started with the GT Sport Decal uploader (results on cars to show off in the Livery thread):

Go to gran-turismo. com
On the right there is Decal uploader

Afterwards you can use the SVG files in the livery editor of GT Sport.

How to get SVG files?

1) You created them yourself in an SVG editor: Inkscape, SVG edit, SVG.js, Method Draw, Snap.svg, Adobe Edge, SVG Morpheus, quasi-svg, Plain pattern, Chartist.js, Fildrop, Bonsai, SVGMagic, Glyphter, iconizr

2) As alternative you start from the highest quality base (picture) you can, e.g. PDF files
=> many of the editors above can import pictures, etc ... and allow to safe them as SVG
e.g.: In Inkscape use the object to path, if it has too many points you can simplify the path (CTRL+L)

3) If required a visit an optimiser: e.g. SVGGO, svgminify.com, ...

You can build up more complex decals with decals limited to 15k.
Look also here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/user-decals-a-tutorial-on-how-to-make-svg.361630/unread

Current tools seem to have issues:
SVG-Optimiser - Peter Collingridge => seems to move parts strangely

Thanks for this. I wanted to get into some custom liveries, but had no idea how to get started.

I always wondered whether there was curation. Liveries get uploaded on a minute basis, and not once have I seen any inappropriate stuff like swastikas, or other displays of illegal material.

anyone who knows why, sometimes when i have made a logo, then when I upload it, it looks fine but when i try to use it in the livery editor in-game it's just empty/not visible?

anyone who knows why, sometimes when i have made a logo, then when I upload it, it looks fine but when i try to use it in the livery editor in-game it's just empty/not visible?
Are you using Adobe Illustrator? Copy and paste your vector into a new file, and it should work show what you made when you upload it to the Uploader. This might work for other programs, too.

Are you using Adobe Illustrator? Copy and paste your vector into a new file, and it should work show what you made when you upload it to the Uploader. This might work for other programs, too.

I'm using Inkscape. the problem is that when I upload my homemade logos they look fine in the decal list, but in game it's just blank :-(
Getting pretty tired of it. Oh and I should mention, I'm totally new to this whole vector graphics thingamabob :-/

I'm using Inkscape. the problem is that when I upload my homemade logos they look fine in the decal list, but in game it's just blank :-(
Getting pretty tired of it. Oh and I should mention, I'm totally new to this whole vector graphics thingamabob :-/

Hi, i'm having the same problem here. I have converted my jpeg files to svg and i uploaded it on the website where the logo is visible. When i go to my stickers in the game its just blank... i tryed the copy paste but no succes...

I was having some problems too, what seems to fix it is using "save as" -> "optimized SVG", instead of saving via the default Inkscape SVG file.

Can anyone please explain what I’m doing wrong..

Attachments

• 12712587-46A8-4173-B87D-CBAD9F82D4F3.jpeg
    12712587-46A8-4173-B87D-CBAD9F82D4F3.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 68213CF9-613C-45ED-AC42-D0915AE87FB2.jpeg
    68213CF9-613C-45ED-AC42-D0915AE87FB2.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 63
Back