• 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
Before things get too far out of hand, I'd like to sprinkle salt all over this.

Not because I don't like what I've seen from the Livery Editor so far (I actually love what I've seen so far), but because I know it will likely not live up to everyone else's expectations.

So far, it seems the GT Sport Livery editor will be restricted to a number of basic shapes and sponsors, and I wouldn't be surprised if each car had a certain "packet" of sponsors, shapes and other things that are exclusive to that car.

Knowing GT, I will not be surprised if they don't let you go full ham on plastering your car with wild colors and inappropriate images.

Of course, I'd love to be wrong. Please discuss your thoughts and hopes on the livery editor!

Oh yes, me as well. And I personally love what I've seen so far.

But I'm the type of person that likes my cars to look like racing cars that were designed under criteria... not a blank canvas to show the world my talent (or lack thereof) in the world of graphical design.

I expect that it may not meet everyone's expectations, which will disappoint me because I so far like what I've seen and think they've gone in the right direction. I hope more information comes out on it soon.

From what I could browse in the event demo, which isn't much you haven't already seen in the form of screenshots and the trailer, is that the "User Decal" category on some of the shapes hints at grouping features.
Also in the Kaz presentation he stated something about an online "Open Gallery" thing where you can upload liveries for others to browse. I think download also but definitely don't quote me in that because I'm so tired.

Looking at 2 or 3 images available, my impression that GTS has more options than Forza's Livery Editor. Options that really interest for those who wants to create racing liveries (original or replicas). For example, driving number and windshield banner. Man, I really missed those options in Forza. I do like the option for wheels and side mirrors. And apparently, lots of manufacturer decals, lots.
Sure, to be an definitive impression, more details should be presented. As for now, I'm satisfied with this feature of GTS.

Looking at 2 or 3 images available, my impression that GTS has more options than Forza's Livery Editor. Options that really interest for those who wants to create racing liveries (original or replicas). For example, driving number and windshield banner. Man, I really missed those options in Forza. I do like the option for wheels and side mirrors. And apparently, lots of manufacturer decals, lots.
Sure, to be an definitive impression, more details should be presented. As for now, I'm satisfied with this feature of GTS.

Without the ability to cut/copy/paste, change colours, group shapes together or, crucially, by able to download layer groups from other players, I'd say GT Sport is far more limited than Forza, or even NFS2015. I'm hoping at least some of those functions will show up between now and release, though. Having pre-made number plates are handy, so long as you want the ones PD has provided. Searching user-created ones like in Forza, or building your own, gives limitless options.

Forza's system isn't perfect – there's sadly no way to collaborate with other users – but it is straight-forward enough that I can make something like this without dedicated an entire day to it:

upload_2016-5-20_22-28-28.png

Like @VXR mentioned earlier, most designs don't require much more than a handful of basic shapes: it worked for all those custom logos.

Still, even if it can't measure up to Forza's, it's good to know the time of identi-car grids is done in GT.

From what I could browse in the event demo, which isn't much you haven't already seen in the form of screenshots and the trailer, is that the "User Decal" category on some of the shapes hints at grouping features.
Also in the Kaz presentation he stated something about an online "Open Gallery" thing where you can upload liveries for others to browse. I think download also but definitely don't quote me in that because I'm so tired.

I can't say I remember him saying that, but i'm also dead tired now so memory could be glitching.

I can confirm what you said about there being very little in terms of the livery editor available to see today. I think generally, outside of the racing itself, most of the other sections were very limited in what was shown in today's demo. But then, racing was what we were mostly there for anyway, right?

To be honest, they can show the "addons" (photomode, livery editor, museum etc) in more detail themselves at a later date. I think that was the general idea though, they don't want to give away too much detail to us plebs at this stage with six months of marketing still to go :lol:

Lets just hope that it's applicable to all cars. I can maybe see a full GT title restricting a handful of models from being painted up (like Concours winners, etc), but I wouldn't be surprised if they restricted it to less than half the car count (again, talking about a full GT title). I certainly hope that most of the cars in GT Sport will be paintable and I know where I'm going to be spending most of my time.

Having a Livery Editor coming in GT Sport is fantastic news and it has been my most wanted addition to the series.

I know there is some uncertainty about how indepth it will be and will be for the most part be restricted to preset decals. Hopefully this is not the case but considering the association with the FIA I would not be surprised to see such limitations. Imagine your car being shown on the screen during the FIA Gala presentation with a painstakingly recreated version of your weiner or lady-parts. Hmm.

Another thing to remember is that there may be cars you cannot add liveries to due to licencing issues. I'm looking at Ferrari and McLaren here despite Forza having freedom in this area as those two are notoriously recalcitrant.

All this guessing aside, I am so excited to see a Livery Editor land in GT and am looking forward to 18 November.

Yes, imagine if the person running the presentation was so stupid as to not review what was going to be shown on the main screen first.
"What could possibly go wrong?" :lol:

Last time I used a livery editor was in FM3. I suppose Forza has evolved quite a bit since then, but that is about what I'm expecting from the GT Sport editor. As long as I can make a Pikachu hot hatch I'll be happy :D

I hope I can use other people's liveries because I suck at making my own.I tried in Forza but I just kept making horror shows.

Can't wait! to get my hands on the livery editor, even if it turns out to be a rudimentary system. Like others have said, all it takes is a few basic shapes to create wonders. All depends on the amount of layers though.

You will not be able to create your own intricate decals.

In fact, I suspect you'll likely be limited to using brand/car specific decal shapes for each car. Eg. If the Audi doesn't include a generic circle in it's decal pack, you won't be able to create a circle shape for that car.

Also, don't expect to be able to place a Ford decal on an Audi, etc, etc.

It's a small step, and better than nothing - but it won't be anywhere near the depth of Forza's editor.

You will not be able to create your own intricate decals.

In fact, I suspect you'll likely be limited to using brand/car specific decal shapes for each car. Eg. If the Audi doesn't include a generic circle in it's decal pack, you won't be able to create a circle shape for that car.

Well I hope you're wrong, but even if it does turn out to be quite limited, I'll still be more than happy.

I saw a skew option so it has to have some depth to it.

Layer count is the important one. I would be surprised if you can't save groups.
Where did you see the skew option? If it does have skew, I imagine it should have scale and rotate too. If it does turn out to have those options, then all I need is circle, square and crescent shapes, opacity adjustment and some layers. Obviously the more layers the better, but even if there's only 100-200 layers, there'd still be enough there to create some great background shapes for the predetermined manufacturer and sponsor logos.

Where did you see the skew option? If it does have skew, I imagine it should have scale and rotate too. If it does turn out to have those options, then all I need is circle, square and crescent shapes, opacity adjustment and some layers. Obviously the more layers the better, but even if there's only 100-200 layers, there'd still be enough there to create some great background shapes for the predetermined manufacturer and sponsor logos.

i1CfWNxgQJfQnuH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back