GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure, go ahead and put some videos into your posts, but you still need to post the replay with the tags in order to be registered for the final results. It would be a lot more convenient if I wasn’t being bombarded with 50 different methods of entry. With just the simple DotW001 tag, everything is in a single, easy to find place.

Sure, go ahead and put some videos into your posts, but you still need to post the replay with the tags in order to be registered for the final results. It would be a lot more convenient if I wasn’t being bombarded with 50 different methods of entry. With just the simple DotW001 tag, everything is in a single, easy to find place.
I'll have to submit the replays tomorrow.

upload_2018-4-2_21-54-17.png

Here' how we're looking for the Time Trial right now, looks like you guys have the hang of using the tags and everything. Good stuff.

View attachment 726840

Here' how we're looking for the Time Trial right now, looks like you guys have the hang of using the tags and everything. Good stuff.
We don't have to enter the TT to vote, correct?

I'm honestly more comfortable with seeing what cars have merit in the duel rather than competing with anyone.

If that's not in the spirit if the thread I'm fine with that.

We don't have to enter the TT to vote, correct?

I'm honestly more comfortable with seeing what cars have merit in the duel rather than competing with anyone.

If that's not in the spirit if the thread I'm fine with that.

Quite the contrary, that's entirely the spirit of the thread. It has and always will be. You're the judge on what criteria you want to use to pick one over another.

I really enjoyed spending some more time with these two cars because they are not my first choice when it comes to racing. Not that there is anything wrong with them but because it's just the way GTS is setup. So it's nice to find a reason to get them out.

My first run was in the STI. I've always liked the look of this car but I've never been behind the wheel of one in RL. It's not a bad little car it's plenty fast and handles great and I thought I was getting fast with it. My best time was a 1:06.635

Next was the Evo. Now I've spent some time behind the wheel of an EVO and it's a great car to play around with. From the very first lap I was more comfortable with it and put in a lap at 1:05.699.

The EVO is just a better handling car to me and doesn't suffer from so much understeer like the STI even when putting all power to the rear wheels or as much as it would let me. I don't like understeer at all and prefer oversteer in my cars. So this duel has a very clear winner to me.

My vote goes to the Mitsubishi Evolution

Both vehicles have their strong points. The Subaru is definitely tight, but the Mitsubishi felt more loose and fun to me. Which was interesting, considering the Subaru was easier to drift.

WRX - 1:07.414 / 9,488
Evo - 1:06.595 / 7,525

There's a tie between the two in terms of time and scores, but I'm going to give my vote to the Lancer considering it was faster and felt more fun to me.

Next time Waflz, let's have the drift trial and the time trial on different tracks. Tsukuba Circuit grows stale for me awfully quickly.

Here are my raw runs.

Yep! Just had a bit of work to catch up on Monday night, I'm ready to go now and kick off the next duel. But first, let's see how last week went.

We had two of the most incredibly similar cars we can get in GT Sport go head to head in a fight on Tsukuba. While the Subaru puts up a good performance and it may be better in looks, the Mitsubishi has in beat in terms of raw potential. I remember on a Top Gear episode long ago, they mentioned that the Subaru is the one to drive to and from the track, while the Mitsubishi is the one you want to drive when you get there. We're certainly at the track in this game, and the Mitsubishi gets my vote.

Let's see what you guys had to say.

Evo. I have just felt that the evo appeals more than the subaru has.

I vote Evo.

Stone Pillar votes Lancer Evolution.

My vote goes to the Mitsubishi Evolution

Winner: EVO!

I'm going to give my vote to the Lancer considering it was faster and felt more fun to me.

I couldn't even find a single vote for the Subaru, most likely because it's just outclassed here. It's a great car, but not good enough it seems. So the winner by way of unanimous vote is the...

5836757489087940124_0.jpg

...Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition 2015!

Oof! That's a heavy loss for the Subaru, this is the opposite outcome of the same duel back on GT6! That was a surprise! It's not all lost for the Subaru though, there'll be many more clashes to come in the future with their Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B counterparts! Now, let's get on with the time trial results...​

GTS Time Trial of the Week Results #1: Mitsubishi vs Subaru at Tsukuba

Tsukuba_circuit_-_Copy_1024x1024.jpg

Let's see how you guys fared at Tsukuba circuit last week...

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2015MIT004b_1280_01.png

The winner of our trial at Tsukuba is Rinsky with a time of 1:05.699! Pretty fast time, and you even demoted Maven by a few tenths!

1st @Rinsky - 1:05.699

2nd @MidFieldMaven - 1:05.733
3rd @ThrasherDBS - 1:06.595
4th @Crazybutt198 - 1.06.812
5th @mica3speedy - 1.07.276

Subaru WRX STi:

2017-subaru-wrx-sti-base-sedan-angular-front.png

Unsuprisingly, everyone was slower in the STi. It seems like it truly was slower. MidFieldMaven takes it again, with Crazybutt moving up the rankings to seconds. Rinsky was missing from the STi trial.

1st @MidFieldMaven - 1:05.939

2nd @Crazybutt198 - 1.07.016
3rd @ThrasherDBS - 1:07.414
4th @mica3speedy - 1.07.958

For the drift trial, ThrasherDBS was the only participant, with ~7,500 in the Evo and ~9,000 in the Subaru. Seems like it's better for drifting then.

Last edited:
GT Sport Duel of the Week #2: French Sports!

This week, we're taking a look at the racing machinery of GT Sport. There's going to be a lot of them in the future, so get ready. This week is the French side of things in Gr.3! Both manufacturers produced some pretty wild takes on the Gr.3 formula, but one seems to be a little older than the other. That's right, this week is the return of the GT by Citroen Race Car! But it's called something different this time around. All the way from GT5 to GT Sport, its been a pretty reliable car, can it keep the reputation intact? Also, can it fend off this challenger new to GTS? Time to find out!

Welcome to this week the...

6061934243257254924_0.jpg

... GT by Citroen (Gr.3)!

For the first time in the series it's the...

4755811185927914508_0.jpg

...Peugeot RCZ (Gr.3)!

Looks like some pretty stiff competition this week. Let's see how they handle in our time trial! I know the Peugeot looks pretty mean due to the mid-engine conversion, but the Citroen is a long-time favourite of mine from the GT games on PS3. You could even say the Citroen was one of the first Vision GT cars. The RCZ is certainly a vision of fantasy too, so we don't exactly have any real world expectations to go on here.

This week, you might also want to look at some other factors to decide which one to vote for. For example, how does BoP factor into the mix? Would you prefer one of these over the other in Sport Mode? Time will tell which one gets more votes though.​

Last edited:
GT Sport Time Trial of the Week #2

1024px-Suzuka_circuit_map_(1987-2002).svg.png

Week 2 Time Trial Rules:
Tire Compound:
Racing Hard
Tuning: Prohibited
Tags: GTSDuel, DOTW002
Due Date: April 16th, 2018

This week's time trial will take place at Suzuka Circuit in Japan. It's a prime location for any sort of GT racing, and that's what these two are made for. Remember the format for posting time trials, use the tags in the above description. Don't forget to post your results along with your PSN ID of GTP ID in the comments or as the description of your Best Lap Replay. See you on the track!​

Can I play? This looks like fun.

Sorry, if I missed it, but is BoP turned on or just use pure stock 100% power and weight?

You don't even have to ask! Anybody with an account on this forum can play if they want. You just need to decide which car is your favourite of the two, or which on is faster, and cast a vote.

For the time trial, this is the first week we've done a Gr. class, so it'll be 100 power and 100 weight for now, but in the coming weeks, that might need some adjustment depending on what people prefer. In fact, I'll put up a pole right now.

You don't even have to ask! Anybody with an account on this forum can play if they want. You just need to decide which car is your favourite of the two, or which on is faster, and cast a vote.

For the time trial, this is the first week we've done a Gr. class, so it'll be 100 power and 100 weight for now, but in the coming weeks, that might need some adjustment depending on what people prefer. In fact, I'll put up a pole right now.
Honestly, each car has to be able to stand on its own instead of being adjusted to be fair.

How very opposite these two cars are. One is pretty wild but the other is relatively well behaved. If I'm honest, I haven't driven very much of Gr. 3 or Gr. 4 cars that aren't Mustangs, but this thread is actually going to be a good way of finding out what cars are better suited to my personal style. I mean, that's sorta what I was going for with my criteria and votes in GT6, but here, every car is in an obvious category/class. I'd like to think that our collective posts are going to provide a way for people getting into the game to figure out which of these they should spend their 450,000 credits on.

Wait, there's a matchup I need to cover. Right.

France isn't exactly the country I'd go for in terms of competitive cars, not when the other countries have more enticing options, but folks ranted and raved about the Megane Trophy Car. I don't recall it being very fun to drive or pretty to look at. (I will say it was surprisingly quick) But French cars stick with me as being not really tickling my fancy on aesthetics or speed. But numbers don't lie on the sort of laptimes and speed these two cars can attain. Of the current Gr. 3 cars, the Citroën is pretty much a 600HP monster, surpassed in power only by the AMG GT and the Viper GT3-R. While the Peugeot is more in "not quite enough to get you into trouble" territory at 516HP, both are among the lightest Gr. 3 cars, heavier only than the BMW Z4 and the Volkwagen Satanmobile Beetle.

Let's see how these cars did.

Suzuka Circuit:
Citroën - 2:02.446
RCZ - 2:04.268

Here's also my live running of these cars as well:

It'll be pretty evident on the video how much of a time I had with these cars. I clearly spin out with the Citroën, and have a crazy time keeping it on the flat, dark, part of the track, whereas the Peugeot was a lot more poised and only really kicked the tail out if you were being a little too stupid with the accelerator. Where the Citroën lacked in stability, it definitely made up for it in speed, thanks to the 600HP and lower than average curb weight, whereas the Peugeot only had the low weight and stability in its corner. I get the impression my fastest lap would have been the third lap on the Peugeot, but I stepped out of line ever so slightly on the last part of the chicane and blew it. Naturally, I reacted in a very sportsmanlike and dignified manner. No I didn't.

But anyway, if you were to ask me which one would be better to spend your 450,000 credits on, I'd tell you to go with the Peugeot RCZ, doubly so if you're brand new. It's super stable and carries a respectable amount of speed with it. Only go with the Citroën if you're very well versed with how it handles.

I'd rather drive the Peugeot, but since the Citroën was faster overall, that's the one that wins the vote, regardless of the fact that it tried to murder me in cold blood a couple of times.

Unsuprisingly, everyone was slower in the STi. It seems like it truly was slower. MidFieldMaven takes it again, with Crazybutt moving up the rankings to seconds. Rinsky was missing from the STi trial.

1st @MidFieldMaven - 1:05.939

2nd @Crazybutt198 - 1.07.016
3rd @ThrasherDBS - 1:07.414
4th @mica3speedy - 1.07.958

Really? I posted both replays the same time. My time was a 1:06 something but was not enough to beat @MidFieldMaven.

Great turnout for the first run on GTS.

Citroen is obviously the faster car as it had 83 more bhp. To be honest i hated driving it as most kerbs i hit, it tried to lose control. The Citroen gt was over 1.5 seconds faster over the Peugeot RCZ. Did 4 laps

The Peugeot was much easier to drive as I would have no problems over handling. The RCZ was painfully slow over the Citroen. Only did 1 lap

I would vote the Citroen for the rules in play as it is much faster than the Peugeot. If BoP was in play (with it being aimed at being fairer). I would probably lean toward the Peugeot more.

WINNER CITROEN GT GR.3
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...allery/all/replay/1346025/5044664907930305544

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...allery/all/replay/1346025/5053109155488891912

Perhaps you forgot the tags on your Subaru time trial? It isn’t visible for me unless the tags are on it.

They are on it comes up for me when I search it. No big deal its all in fun for me anyway.
I will struggle on this next challenge not my favorite class or track but I will start on it sometime tonight.

Latest Posts

Back