GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Citroen is obviously the faster car as it had 83 more bhp. To be honest i hated driving it as most kerbs i hit, it tried to lose control. The Citroen gt was over 1.5 seconds faster over the Peugeot RCZ. Did 4 laps

The Peugeot was much easier to drive as I would have no problems over handling. The RCZ was painfully slow over the Citroen. Only did 1 lap

I would vote the Citroen for the rules in play as it is much faster than the Peugeot. If BoP was in play (with it being aimed at being fairer). I would probably lean toward the Peugeot more.

WINNER CITROEN GT GR.3
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...allery/all/replay/1346025/5044664907930305544

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...allery/all/replay/1346025/5053109155488891912

Well....

Do you think it may be wise to apply BoP to the Gr cars? Some are very overpowered at 100/100

TL;DR I just did both today, and my vote most definitely goes to the Citroën.
Citroën: 1:56.732
Peugeot: 1:59.978
Youtube videos to follow if I get the motivation to edit it :lol:
Anyway here's the in-depth review:

Hopping into the Citroën first, I was surprised at how different this beast is compared to its tamer BoP version. With its shackles removed, this car is so powerful that I had to adjust my braking points specifically for this car. It also hops around like the rabbit it is, and it would kill you if you don't respect it. This behavior is really rare in race cars, because these characteristics are a big hassle in the endurance races these cars are designed for, fictional or not. I eventually got around to taming the car, and boy is it fun. At its limits you can feel the car shifting its weight around, and you can feel the tires gradually lose their grip, rather than an instant loss that leads to spins. These characteristics were highlighted (and was taken advantage of) when I tackled the esses.

Next is the Peugeot, and it feels... dull, to put it nicely. It did exactly what you told it to do, and that's about it. It's not so fast either that the soullessness of the car is justified. To be fair, I applaud its amazing stability and precise handling; making it a perfect choice for a beginner. But at the same time, it's those characteristics of the car that I hate. It just feels... dead.

TL;DR I just did both today, and my vote most definitely goes to the Citroën.
Citroën: 1:56.732
Peugeot: 1:59.978
Youtube videos to follow if I get the motivation to edit it :lol:
Anyway here's the in-depth review:

Hopping into the Citroën first, I was surprised at how different this beast is compared to its tamer BoP version. With its shackles removed, this car is so powerful that I had to adjust my braking points specifically for this car. It also hops around like the rabbit it is, and it would kill you if you don't respect it. This behavior is really rare in race cars, because these characteristics are a big hassle in the endurance races these cars are designed for, fictional or not. I eventually got around to taming the car, and boy is it fun. At its limits you can feel the car shifting its weight around, and you can feel the tires gradually lose their grip, rather than an instant loss that leads to spins. These characteristics were highlighted (and was taken advantage of) when I tackled the esses.

Next is the Peugeot, and it feels... dull, to put it nicely. It did exactly what you told it to do, and that's about it. It's not so fast either that the soullessness of the car is justified. To be fair, I applaud its amazing stability and precise handling; making it a perfect choice for a beginner. But at the same time, it's those characteristics of the car that I hate. It just feels... dead.

Great summary but wtf is a killer rabbit?

Here are my results:

Best Laptimes (6 Laps each):

GT by Citroën Gr.3: 1:59.322 (Lap 6)
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: 2:01.527 (Lap 4)

WINNER: GT by Citroën Gr.3

Cockpit View Visibility:

GT by Citroën Gr.3: Narrow and limited
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: Wide and good amount of range

WINNER: Peugeot RCZ Gr.3

Handling Characteristics (Stock Settings):

GT by Citroën Gr.3: Handling feels lighter but less stable (oh and it has 599 HP stock)
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: more stable than the Citroën but the handling is slightly heavier (due to having less power than the Citroën)

WINNER: Choose which one suits you the most! (i.e. Tie)

Stock Specs (Power/Torque/Weight):

GT by Citroën Gr.3: 599 HP/431 ft-lb/2646 lbs
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: 516 HP/405.0 ft-lb/2646 lbs

WINNER: GT by Citroën Gr.3

Overall Results:

GT by Citroën Gr.3: 3 points
Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: 2 points

OVERALL WINNER (i.e. My vote goes to!): GT by Citroën Gr.3

GT by Citroen = 1:57.166
RCZ = 1:59.425

It's painfully obvious that the GT by Citroen is much faster with power and weight at 100%. Strictly going on time there is a clear winner, but from my understanding, I get to vote based on my own criteria, so here goes.

The GT by Citroen has great power, but nothing else to my liking. Seven gears, but still feels like I can't find the right gear for some corners. Even with TCS and CSA, I had to be careful to keep it on track. It was a miracle that I got a lap without being a mile off of every Apex. The brakes are atrocious! Yes, I was going quite a bit faster, but braking that early means there's no balance between power and downforce/handling.

RCZ is everything the GT isn't. It's balanced, precise and rewarding to drive at it's limit. It's a perfect example of an Mid-Engined race car. It brakes well, rotates quickly and predictably on turn in and rock solid putting power down on exit. Despite the lap times, this is an easy choice for me.

Lap Time: GT by Citroen
Acceleration/Top Speed: GT by Citroen
Handling: RCZ
Braking: RCZ
Enjoyment: RCZ

My vote: RCZ

Last edited:
OVERALL WINNER (i.e. My vote goes to!): GT by Citroën Gr.3

My vote: RCZ

I'd rather drive the Peugeot, but since the Citroën was faster overall, that's the one that wins the vote, regardless of the fact that it tried to murder me in cold blood a couple of times.

WINNER CITROEN GT GR.3

For me, I've always been a huge fan of the GT by Citroen race car since GT5. Now since it's actually considered a "GT3" car, it's gotten a lot more useful. I prefer driving it too over the Peugeot. The Peugeot feels safe and too beginner friendly for me to find it interesting. It's great for consistency, but I'd prefer something that rewards me more for good driving, so I vote for the Citroen too.

Let's vote up the counts! ...wait!

Peugeot RCZ Gr.3: 1
Citroen GT Gr.3: 5

Therefore, with four more votes, the winner of last weeks duel is the...

4755881550446362624_0.jpg

...GT by Citroen Gr.3!

That was an interesting revelation, the old dog's still got it. Let's see who placed where in the time trial, then.

GTS Time Trial of the Week #2 - Results from Suzuka

suzuka-circuit.jpg.gif

Last week featured two French GT racing cars battling it out around Suzuka Circuit. After a few times were posted, the duel was pretty much in the Citroen's favour. It would be closer with BoP, but according to our thread's tradition and the poll above, that's not how we roll around here. Let's see what you guys were capable of in our time trials.

GT5_Citroën_GT_by_Citroën_Race_Car.png

Citroen GT by Citroen Gr.3

@Alpha Cipher - 1:56.732

@DriftMethod - 1:57.166
@RZQSPEED - 1:59.322
@Crazybutt198 - 1.59.748
@ThrasherDBS - 2:02.446

Peugeot-RCZ-Gr3-Gran-Turismo-1024x425.jpg

Peugoet RCZ Gr.3

@DriftMethod - 1:59.425
@Alpha Cipher - 1:59.978
@Crazybutt198 - 2.01.386
@RZQSPEED - 2:01.527
@ThrasherDBS - 2:04.268​

Looks like @Alpha Cipher walks away with the victory for the Citroen's time trial this week, while @DriftMethod was the champion of the Peugoet RCZ. Great turnout last week! Let's see what cars await us this week then.

GT Sport Duel of the Week #3 - Real vs ...Real?

This week in DotW, we're featuring two cars from Audi that represent the brand in the same class, so a bit of a sibling rivalry here. However, one is real, while the other is FAKE! LOL VGT FAKE dumb concepPT C4R!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, in all seriousness, this VGT has been gaining some serious clout among enthusiasts for actually being a physical object represented in the realm of real. It's the Audi Vision Gran Turismo! Up against the Audi Vision GT is a Le Mans competitor that was pulled out unfortunately due to Dieselgate, landing Audi a spot in Formula E instead. Coincidentally (or not), that's where you'll also find the Audi Vision Gran Turismo!

This week, it's the...

4972563411158204948_0.jpg

...Audi R18 (Team Joest) '16 (Gr.1)!

against the

4692843243930420228_0.jpg

...Audi Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)!

This is going to be an interesting duel featuring the quickest class in GT Sport. Gr.1 is a curious beast with it's mix of concepts and reality, so let's see which one is fastest in the time trial! I'm looking forward to this one and I hope you are too! It's time to throw down in-house!

GT Sport Time Trial of the Week #3 - Real vs Real at Maggiore

Autodrome_Lago_Maggiore_-_GP.jpg

This week, we're heading out from Japan for the first time. We're traveling to a mountainous, forested region of Italy known as Piedmont. In the hills of this region lie a fictional circuit known to GT players as Autodrome Lago Maggiore. It's a high speed track know for it's sharp first section and flowing second half. There's also the most popular corner in all of GT Sport here, the famous Chateau Hairpin towards the lake. Gr.1 is the ideal class for this track, the high downforce allows for amazing cornering speeds through the flowing esses. Let's see which Audi takes it home this week.

Tags: gtsduel, dotw003
Tuning: Prohibited
Tire Compound: Racing Hard
Deadline: Monday, April 23rd, 2018

I'll try my best to get a time in this week, this is an exciting duel we have here, let's make some noise in the mountains!​

Chateau Hairpin. Cheaters hairpin.

I should probably mention this now, but our Time Trial series uses the track limits provided by the games. There's been a lengthy discussion about whether "corner cutting" at Maggiore should be considered cheating or not. I'm not going to get into it here, but as far as this thread goes the rules are as follows:

• If the game does not award you a corner cutting penalty, you are not at fault and the lap is valid
  • If you put four wheels outside the white lines at a track and the game does not award you a penalty, the lap is valid.
Actually, I'm adding that to the OP right now.

For a friendly competition I will agree not to use the hairpin cut and I will keep two wheels on the tarmac at all times if anyone else wants to join me.
Even though it will be legal to do so, I will also agree not to do the corner cut. It's just for fun and extreme measures to cut my lap times in this duel is not necessary :)

Even though it will be legal to do so, I will also agree not to do the corner cut. It's just for fun and extreme measures to cut my lap times in this duel is not necessary :)

Exactly it's just something extra to put on ourselves for fun. I really don't think it's going to cost us a large amount of time loss.

It's Friday now, and it's been radio silence since the beginning of the week, so why don't we kick things off?

Audi is certainly stacked in GT Sport so far as Gr. 1 cars go. Three different cars, whereas most other manufacturers either have one or two. There's a marked difference between the 2016 R18 and the newest, hottest, VGT though. One is nice and poised like you'd expect a racecar to be, and the other one... well, let's just see how we did.

Lago Maggiore
R18 '16 - 1:44.579
Audi VGT - 1:48.127

Here's my raw 3-lap runs as well. R18 finished strong on the third lap, and the VGT's best lap was lap 2.

As you might be able to see from the video, the R18 is nice and composed. It's very stable, which, in the scheme of LMP class cars, you want them to all be like that. The Audi VGT however seems like the perfect candidate for a potential LMP-class drift car. This thing was an absolute handful as you can tell by the video. This thing could barely keep itself together in the corners, and the 4WD made it super unresponsive upon hard acceleration.

My vote is going toward the R18, definitely spend your 1 million Cr. on that one instead of the brand new VGT. You're going to want something reliable and easy to control, and the lap time I set compared to the VGT definitely solidifies it.

I'm not entirely sure what the Chateau Corner is, so I just raced it the way I would naturally race it. If anyone wants to watch my video and rule me out because I drove where I shouldn't have, feel free to do so. Again, the laps that count the most are lap 3 for the R18 and lap 2 for the VGT.

Here are my results!

Lap Times (8 Laps each)

Audi R18: 1:40.974 (Lap 7)
Audi VGT Gr.1: 1:42.996 (Lap 6)

WINNER: Audi R18

Cockpit Visibility
Audi R18: Narrow visibility (expected being a closed cockpit LMP1 car)
Audi VGT Gr.1: Wider than the R18 (being a GT1 styled car)

WINNER: Audi VGT Gr.1

Handling Characteristics
Audi R18: Easy to push hard, but beware of exiting Turn 2 of Maggiore GP/Center/East/West in second gear
Audi VGT Gr.1: The car is cumbersome through the corners, made worse by having torque steer when the electric motors up front engages, and without it, it becomes spin city if not careful. Also, the car seems to be front biased when it comes to braking into a corner

Stock Specs (ICE Horsepower*/Weight/HP/Ton)
Audi R18: 526 HP/875 Kg/601 HP/Ton
Audi VGT Gr.1: 735 HP/1250 Kg/588 HP/Ton

Overall Results
Audi VGT Gr.1: 2 points (Cockpit Visibility and ICE Horsepower)
Audi R18: 4 points (Fastest Lap, Handling Characteristics, Weight, and HP/Ton)

OVERALL WINNER (My vote goes to!): Audi R18

*ICE Horsepower: The raw horsepower from the internal combustion engine itself (i.e. without the hybrid system), so the HP/Ton is measured from the IC Engine horsepower divided by the dry weight of the car.

Although my lap times will not be near the quickest this week I'm still surprised I was the only one who turned a faster lap with the Audi VGT (1:45.052)
over the Audi R18 (1:45.110)

I had very little seat time in both cars but it was my first time in the R18 on GTS.

After testing both cars I like the new Audi VGT the most and once you become familiar with the way it handles then you can start having fun with it.
Oh did I mention this thing is REAL. It's just incredible to me that a fantasy car was made into a real world version thats every bit as fast on the track as the R18.

I know I'm going to probably be alone on this conclusion but I will take the New VGT over the R18 any day. It looks better inside and out, it drives incredible and is very stable & predictable at high speeds and the technology used to create this car is a brief window into our automotive future.

Very easy decision for me the Audi VGT gets my Vote.

Been a bit busy the last few nights, the next duel will come in the next few hours. It’s not like anyone gets anything done early in the week anyways. :sly:

That was an interesting week, two Group 1 Audi's facing each other off in a duel of siblings. I don't usually take them to the time trials, but this week I took them out for a test drive on Kyoto Driving Park to get a feel for them. In my opinion, the R18 was far superior. I like the look and sound of the Vision (especially hitting 6th), but the truth is the oversized GT car is just inferior to a proper LMP1 machine. Sort of like a GT1 car to an LMP900. It's close, but one is clearly superior. The R18 may not look as pretty, but the lower weight combined with the increase in downforce make for a much more potent combo around Kyoto's sweeping bends and undulations.

This week is a clear vote for the 2016 R18 from me. Let's see your experiences with the cars.

My vote is going toward the R18,

(My vote goes to!): Audi R18

Very easy decision for me the Audi VGT gets my Vote.

VGT: 1
R18: 3

We got you outnumbered, Rinsky. It's a three to one for the R18.

This week's winner is the...

5836753093590516244_0.jpg

2016 Audi R18!

Let's observe what exactly went down in the time trials.

Last edited:
GTS Time Trial of the Week #3 - Results from Maggiore

Autodrome_Lago_Maggiore_-_GP.jpg

Last week featured two Audi Gr.1 cars fighting a sibling rivalry around Maggiore. It was quite obvious the Audi VGT was the hardest to control, while the R18 was planted. The lap times reflected this drastic handling difference, so let's see the extent of it here. No man points for betting on the R18 here. That would be like betting on Secretariat.

audi_r18_e-tron_2016_3d_model_3ds_fbx_obj_max__c45332be-9239-4046-a2c2-e941004bc0ff.jpg

Audi R18 Team Joest 2016

@RZQSPEED - 1:40.972
@Cowboy - 1:40.989
@ThrasherDBS - 1:44.579
@Rinsky - 1:45.052

Congratulations @RZQSPEED for walking away with the fastest R18 time. This week also saw a surprise visit from Cowboy, the founder of this thread!

audi-e-tron-vision-gran-turismo-11.jpg

Audi Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)

@RZQSPEED - 1:42.996
@Rinsky - 1:45.052
@ThrasherDBS - 1:48.127

He takes it again, that makes RZQ the winner of both time trials this week. Cowboy was close to beating him in the R18, but wasn't quite there. The times for the Audi Vision are quite spaced out too. Looks like some had more difficulty controlling it than others.

GT Sport DOTW will return after this short commercial break.​

Last edited:
GT Sport Duel of the Week #4 - F1 for the Road!

Let's get this week started (late) with a little bit of an ancient F1 rivalry. Ferrari and McLaren have been at it for decades, the two teams competing against each other fiercely in the top bracket of open wheel racing. Eventually, both teams found their way to producing road cars loaded with F1 tech. This week features another legendary rivalry from these manufacturers. This time it's not about dominance on the Grand Prix circuit, but it's about who's top dog out on the street. This week it's the...

4755889245298622488_0.jpg

...2011 McLaren MP4-12c!

against the

4899986834207016464_0.jpg

...2009 Ferrari 458 Italia!

Should be a tight show like it usually is. The McLaren has the leg up on the 458 in terms of development. The 12C is a direct response to combat the 458 specifically. It has more power, faster acceleration, more advanced aerodynamics and it's got some crazy traction control system. However, I'm sure you'll find the McLaren lacking in one key department. Passion! The 458 is loaded with that all the way to 9,000RPM. Let's see how the updated physics treats these two on the PS4.​

GT Sport Time Trial of the Week #4 - Interlagos

Interlagos_Autodromo_Jose_Carlos_Pace_Sao_Paulo_1024x1024.jpg

Mission Parameters
Tags:
gtsduel, dotw004
Tire Compound: Sports Soft
Tuning: Prohibited
Due Date: April 30th, 2018

This week, the time trial takes place in Brazil. The debut of this track in the Gran Turismo series, the South American Formula 1 track makes an exciting venue in a compact package. The technical infield will challenge your use of the throttle and brakes, while the flat-out curved home straight will test your car's acceleration. There's also some decent undulation and elevation changes. The hard braking into Descida do Lago will test your car's stopping power. Remember, this is GT Sport so adjust your braking distances to compensate for the car's street-spec discs.

Back