GT Sport Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel User Time Comparison

• Thread starter Fosterions
  • 7 comments
Canada
Canada
Some of us have been discussing our CSL Elite wheel settings in GT Sport, the feel we have and of course actual game pace. We're feeling inconsistencies.... maybe? How can we tell? Let's try and collect some data by doing a lap comparison - not competition. The purpose of this is to baseline as much as possible at the start. Since the current weekly Group 3 race is at the Nurburgring GP circuit why not there?! We have @Kie25's track guide and time to target - 1:55.208 (yes, he doesn't use the Fanatec and yes he's in the R8, but it's a great starting point).

Because I'm starting this I'm starting the parameters :). Let's not get bogged down in changing them.... yet. We can change cars etc later, but for now, let's get some baseline times.

Unchangeable (for now) Parameters
Fanatec CSL Elite
Nurburgring GP Circuit Daytime Cloudy
911 RSR
BOP On
Race Hard Tires
All other settings default

Changeable Parameters (hey if you're faster with different settings good stuff, but please state your settings)
TC0
ABS Default
Brake bias -2
CSL Elite pedals, pool noodle load cell
Fanatec Driver 311

Controller & Wheel Settings
(again, hey, if you're faster with different settings good stuff, but please state your settings)
Code:
GT Sport February 3rd
- Controller Steering Sensitivity: 7
- Force Feedback Max Torque: 7
- Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10

Fanatec Wheel Config:
- Sen: AUT
- FF: 100
- SHO:100
- ABS: 30
- DRI: -05
- FOR: 50
- SPR: 100
- DPR: 80
- FEI: 50

My time with the above: 1:59.7XX (I'll get exact when I get in front of the PS4).

Please give it a go. If I get enough data using the baseline data I'll do some analysis and look for a pattern. At worst, us Fanatec users can see what each other is doing and maybe help each other out. If you can post a video all the better!

Last edited:
I have also been watching some of SuperGt's content. Now I realize he's using a different wheel rim, but when he's in a tight corner, he barely gets what would be the gear indicator past the 3 o'clock position. When I'm in a tight turn, mine is between the 5 and 6 o'clock position. Are you having the same issue? Maybe we can get Dom from Fanatec to help us out here also. That would be great.

Keith.

I have also been watching some of SuperGt's content. Now I realize he's using a different wheel rim, but when he's in a tight corner, he barely gets what would be the gear indicator past the 3 o'clock position. When I'm in a tight turn, mine is between the 5 and 6 o'clock position. Are you having the same issue? Maybe we can get Dom from Fanatec to help us out here also. That would be great.

Keith.

He’s using a Fanatec is he? Hmmm, he’s usually pretty responsive on YouTube so maybe he’ll chime in here. We can use his as a reference lap as well. Is he on here?

I'm not sure if he's on here or not. He mainly uses the McLaren rim now instead of the controller. Here's his rig setup vid.

Keith.

Keith.
Sounds like he just has his wheel set to a smaller steering angle to me.
ie. Instead of having SEN set to Auto he has it set to a specific turning degree, say 540.

Some of us have been discussing our CSL Elite wheel settings in GT Sport, the feel we have and of course actual game pace. We're feeling inconsistencies.... maybe? How can we tell? Let's try and collect some data by doing a lap comparison - not competition. The purpose of this is to baseline as much as possible at the start. Since the current weekly Group 3 race is at the Nurburgring GP circuit why not there?! We have @Kie25's track guide and time to target - 1:55.208 (yes, he doesn't use the Fanatec and yes he's in the R8, but it's a great starting point).

Because I'm starting this I'm starting the parameters :). Let's not get bogged down in changing them.... yet. We can change cars etc later, but for now, let's get some baseline times.

Fanatec CSL Elite
911 RSR
BOP On
Race Hard Tires

Changeable Parameters (hey if you're faster with different settings good stuff, but please state your settings)
TC0
ABS Default
Brake bias -2

(again, hey, if you're faster with different settings good stuff, but please state your settings)
Code:
GT Sport February 3rd

Fanatec Wheel Config:

My time with the above: 1:59.7XX (I'll get exact when I get in front of the PS4).

Please give it a go. If I get enough data using the baseline data I'll do some analysis and look for a pattern. At worst, us Fanatec users can see what each other is doing and maybe help each other out. If you can post a video all the better!

Same equipment , in was able to get into low 58's.

I have my steering set to 480 degrees. Helped me ALOT dropping it down

Fanatec CSL Elite
911 RSR
BOP On
Race Hard Tires

TC0
ABS Default
Brake bias -2
Fanatec Driver 311

Code:
GT Sport February 3rd

Fanatec Wheel Config:

Thanks for your post I will try your noodle idea as I am having the exact same problem.
Cheers Cosmic-Debris64

Back