GT Sport Gains New Online Time Trial Mode, With Tuning Permitted

Hopefully this feature works because Pikes Peak now has its chance being in the game.

Exactly what i thought. Really hope this is leading towards Pikes Peak & Goodwood Hill Climb. They've had the pikes peak licence locked down for years.

There's now no reason why they can't be in the game. Would be great to add that fresh challenge, hopefully adding some popular hill climb cars too.

I guess we now know officially Comfort Soft are the tyres PD deem realistic for an ‘80’s sportscar. As opposed to the standard fit Sports Hard for regular racing. Good to know for when I set-up lobbies for 70’s/80’s road cars.

Exactly what i thought. Really hope this is leading towards Pikes Peak & Goodwood Hill Climb. They've had the pikes peak licence locked down for years.

There's now no reason why they can't be in the game. Would be great to add that fresh challenge, hopefully adding some popular hill climb cars too.
Any point-to-point track/stage would be welcome. I’d love to see tarmac rally stages. I do think Goodwood is more likely than Pikes Peak in GTS. Much less work and clearly PD already done lots of recent research at the Goodwood facility.

No credit or car prices as the GT6 special events??:indiff:

Don't think I gonna use this mode quite often, cause it's basically same as the daily races time trials.

Hopefully PD make those time trials as the special events of GT 5 and 6....when you achieve x time established a car gift or an amount of credits.
That's exactly what I want too.

No credit or car prices as the GT6 special events??:indiff:

Don't think I gonna use this mode quite often, cause it's basically same as the daily races time trials.

Hopefully PD make those time trials as the special events of GT 5 and 6....when you achieve x time established a car gift or an amount of credits.
I think PD will give you a car gift or an amount of credits for GT7.

It's good to see the Time Trials, this might get me back playing this game again.

It would be nice to know in what sense this is part of Sport Mode. Everything else in Sport Mode affects your driver rating. It can't just be that this is something where you compete against other people on a leaderboard, because we already have that with Circuit Experience, and that isn't part of Sport Mode.

So I'm struggling to see how this differs from Circuit Experience such that it belongs in Sport Mode while CE doesn't. I hope they tell us before it ends!

Not super excited tuning is allowed. I get that some players do like to tune so hopefully they stick with at least one being fully locked.
Sadly this week that one is at my personal demon of a track :banghead:

It would be nice to know in what sense this is part of Sport Mode. Everything else in Sport Mode affects your driver rating. It can't just be that this is something where you compete against other people on a leaderboard, because we already have that with Circuit Experience, and that isn't part of Sport Mode.

So I'm struggling to see how this differs from Circuit Experience such that it belongs in Sport Mode while CE doesn't. I hope they tell us before it ends!

I think the fact that tuning is allowed adds a new competitive element to Sport Mode that we haven’t seen before, and that’s (one thing) that separates it from the very rudimentary Circuit Experience leaderboards.

That being said, I’m not sure why there are 2 Time Trials, one of which prohibits tuning. Strange choice there...

I still think this is just a primer until PD adds Pikes Peak / Goodwood, then it’ll all make a bit more sense. In any case, it’s something new for the people who don’t like racing online, and something to keep you entertained on the off-weeks when we have lame Daily Races.

Maybe tuning being allowed is kinda PD being funny.
Like, try and beat our tunes...
Plus they will gather more data about the model they use.
They have to have so much data on car behavior in games vs other titles...
I’m very excited about this time trial function.
It’s great.
You vs the world. Great addition imo.

There’s a cheat/exploit occurring at Willow Springs.

Why people think this is ok is quite unbelievable.

I didn’t think a 1.15 was possible and I was right.

First legitimate time I can find (lots of times without replays) is myura28 in 103rd place.

Back