GT Sport game Hack and cheats

Should this be patch? E brakes and Brake Boost?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • It's ok

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Looks like I'll never get my proof...

...leaving the situation completely unchanged from the moment I asked for it.
This attitude isn't winning you any favours. You need to understand there's very little precedent for this in sport mode, so if you are going to accuse a large swathe of the playerbase of cheating, you need to;

A) have reasonable evidence to back it up.

B) expect some backlash to such a bold claim.

I've said what evidence I'd like to see, and I'd like it to be publicly available in this thread, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

The current daily race C is a pretty standard sport mode affair - gr3 at Nurburgring GP. The current fastest overall lap is a 01:51.785. I'd like to see this glitch/bug/cheat used to produce a lap within 2% (~1:54.000) of that lap time. 2% back to a top time is what I would consider a very competitive time and would be good for the top 500 in the current leaderboard.

Turn the bug on, show us it can produce a sport mode-relevant performance, *in the official q session* for the actual daily before it ends on Sunday night. From everything you've said so far, this shouldn't be difficult.

An extra note; I think this the first I've seen of a distinction between the two methods for different drivetrains. If that's the case, can I ask whether you agree with another statement; that if brake boost only works on AWD cars, it's irrelevant in the vast majority of sport mode races where AWD cars aren't available or simply aren't the optimal choice (any gr3 race, pretty much any gr4 race.) If brake boosting in AWD is so potent, how come the AWD gr4s are gathering dust in most people's garages while they drive a French FF?

My apologies, I have been quite busy these past couple of days so I wasn't able to reply right away.

I understand what your point of view is that it would be very difficult to perform the optimal brake pressure which is definitely correct. It took me about 4 months of learning about this glitch and practice to get it quite consistent and I could probably get my brake pressure in a margin of error of about 2% on a controller but if you have a wheel and pedals, it is much easier to hit the correct margin, but obviously people who have never heard of this wouldn't have the experience.

In the video I will make in these coming weeks I will set a ghost lap around the track Blue Moon Bay, however it wont be a normal lap because before the first lap starts (By crossing the start/finish line) I will line up my car just behind the start/finish line so when I launch, the ghost lap will also record the launch of the car.

I will use a car that would perhaps be chosen by anyone in the forum to make it an unbiased choice, the tune of the car would be fully stock and the launch of the car would use TCS on 1 just so there cant be anything else to influence the acceleration of the car. I will set a ghost lap with the launch of that car with no brake boost or e cheat technique and then I will race that ghost with that car launched with the brake boost or e cheat launch.

When I am setting up the ghost laps, I will leave the video uncut so I wouldn't be able to tweak or change the tune of the car or the ghost laps. If that wouldn't be sufficient enough evidence, I will do a lap of a track of choice and a car of choice to see if the glitch will be able to be observed there (I am no where near a pro at track racing but I will keep it clean and consistent).

I hope this will give the chance to show you about this glitch so we can get it taken care of

Thanks,

Mc

(Also the brake boost technique works on mostly everything except some weird cars where you have to adapt it a little bit)

Last edited:
My apologies, I have been quite busy these past couple of days so I wasn't able to reply right away.

I understand what your point of view is that it would be very difficult to perform the optimal brake pressure which is definitely correct. It took me about 4 months of learning about this glitch and practice to get it quite consistent and I could probably get my brake pressure in a margin of error of about 2% on a controller but if you have a wheel and pedals, it is much easier to hit the correct margin, but obviously people who have never heard of this wouldn't have the experience.

In the video I will make in these coming weeks I will set a ghost lap around the track Blue Moon Bay, however it wont be a normal lap because before the first lap starts (By crossing the start/finish line) I will line up my car just behind the start/finish line so when I launch, the ghost lap will also record the launch of the car.

I will use a car that would perhaps be chosen by anyone in the forum to make it an unbiased choice, the tune of the car would be fully stock and the launch of the car would use TCS on 1 just so there cant be anything else to influence the acceleration of the car. I will set a ghost lap with the launch of that car with no brake boost or e cheat technique and then I will race that ghost with that car launched with the brake boost or e cheat launch.

When I am setting up the ghost laps, I will leave the video uncut so I wouldn't be able to tweak or change the tune of the car or the ghost laps. If that wouldn't be sufficient enough evidence, I will do a lap of a track of choice and a car of choice to see if the glitch will be able to be observed there (I am no where near a pro at track racing but I will keep it clean and consistent).

I hope this will give the chance to show you about this glitch so we can get it taken care of

Thanks,

Mc

(Also the brake boost technique works on mostly everything except some weird cars where you have to adapt it a little bit)
Appreciate the reasoned approach again. Thanks for returning, I'm still have one eyebrow raised at this and I'm very eager to see meaningful proof.

2 points - while I can appreciate BMB as a repeatable control, ovals have unique BoP in sport mode, and very rarely appear, so it's not ideal to demonstrate the glitch as viable for use in sport mode - that is to say, you can do fast laps with it, you can race unnaturally fast with it, you can boost your ratings unnaturally high with it by beating other players unfairly.

My suggestion would be to use a gr.3 FR car, as many of these can exhibit a lot of wheelspin which should in theory make the effect of the glitch more plain to see in demonstration. I'd recommend a track with a variety of corners such as Interlagos, Suzuka, or Fuji - these three being ideal as (I think) the three most frequent gr3 tracks in sport mode.

I don't expect that it takes zero skill to produce a top lap with brake boosting, but if this is to be a cause for concern in sport mode, there needs to be a reasonable demonstration that it can make any impact at all.

Ok. So I tested this script and sorry guys, you will not go to the world finals with this :lol:

The script is just a launch control. So there might be some advance for the drag racers. So this part is true, it did not work with race cars thou. First car in vid is GR4 Viper. Second is M4 BMW street car.

And how this works? Well just put down the brake and script does the rest. Almost, youll need to switch to throtte at some point. Because the brakes, you know? Slows down the car. :cheers:
And for fast laps??? Well you basically have no brakes, so complete bs to be faster with this one. :lol::lol:

Ok. So I tested this script and sorry guys, you will not go to the world finals with this :lol:

The script is just a launch control. So there might be some advance for the drag racers. So this part is true, it did not work with race cars thou. First car in vid is GR4 Viper. Second is M4 BMW street car.

And how this works? Well just put down the brake and script does the rest. Almost, youll need to switch to throtte at some point. Because the brakes, you know? Slows down the car. :cheers:
And for fast laps??? Well you basically have no brakes, so complete bs to be faster with this one. :lol::lol:

So this is of some advantage to what is possibly one of the smallest communities in the game? I believe that there is no hope in eternity of this ever getting fixed unless drag racing comes back in GT7. They can't or won't fix dodgy ramming penalties and unusual track limit penalties as well as curb glitches and pit bugs that affect the largest portions of the community so I cant see them even bothering to admit this exists.

So this is of some advantage to what is possibly one of the smallest communities in the game? I believe that there is no hope in eternity of this ever getting fixed unless drag racing comes back in GT7. They can't or won't fix dodgy ramming penalties and unusual track limit penalties as well as curb glitches and pit bugs that affect the largest portions of the community so I cant see them even bothering to admit this exists.
I 'd think Sony would be the ones to fix this not PD. Making it impossible to use unauthorized peripherals (Cronus, Drivehub, etc) should do the trick. After all, that's why we pay the big bucks for PS authorized gear with the chip in it isn't it?

That's good it doesn't seem to help on road courses, but we will have to see if it has any effect in whatever events in the future are held on ovals. At least those who use this in a race would be easily found out, but I assume it would be harder in qualifying or time trials to tell if someone is using the script. I still think PD should address the issue even though it doesn't seem to be a major issue.

Last edited:

The script itself doesn't cause the glitch, some people use the script to hit the perfect 6% zone on brake pressure but it is entirely possible on controller. The script also allows you to change the throttle to a certain percentage so you can also use it as a throttle control but that's all I know, you could probably understand the use of it better than me since I don't own a device like this.

Last edited:
while I can appreciate BMB as a repeatable control, ovals have unique BoP in sport mode, and very rarely appear, so it's not ideal to demonstrate the glitch as viable for use in sport mode

Yea man, I would like to keep this civil, there is no point screaming about this, just trying to show you this bug in a meaningful way.

So the reason I wanted to use the oval was not to race, but that oval has a long straight after the start/finish line so I could show you the acceleration of the car. I wont be using BoP with my testing on Blue Moon Bay but on the track you mentioned I totally can if you want

Yea man, I would like to keep this civil, there is no point screaming about this, just trying to show you this bug in a meaningful way.

So the reason I wanted to use the oval was not to race, but that oval has a long straight after the start/finish line so I could show you the acceleration of the car. I wont be using BoP with my testing on Blue Moon Bay but on the track you mentioned I totally can if you want
Appreciate it, that makes sense to do both in my mind. Looking forward to the results :)

I know this is an old post, but I joined just to comment on how awful most of you treated the OP.
Most of you never even heard of Cronos or the like, yet suddenly are convinced it couldn’t possibly work as a cheat. SMH
It took me all of 2 mins watching a replay of a guy who miraculously was just one of the elite few who all post lap times 10+ seconds faster than mine. That’s your first clue something isn’t right. Next watch the replay and you can see plain as day people just boosting out of corners magically. I guess if your not good at discerning speed at that level, it’s not easy to see.
I know people who use these things and there’s not a game out there that doesn’t have cheating scripts. It’s how they sell these things, and it’s big money. You don’t think if you had a dozen or so master coders and engineers in a company they couldn’t develop cheats?
Yes, if you don’t know where to find scripts, and then learn how to drive / fight / score with your now super-human abilities, it won’t work for you out of the box. But trust me, it’s all out there.
Pretty sad how the OP is basically flamed and called a liar essentially for simply sharing info. In reality he’s just learned about this and has no idea the level it’s been developed to. Game developers know all about it, so no need to ‘inform’ them. That just shows me the poor guy went out of his way to enlighten you poor ignorant gamers.
Ever notice how you don’t come anywhere near touching the lap times these guys do time and time again? Notice how when your right behind one of them, their not blowing your doors off?
Wake up! Cheating is everywhere, in every game, at every level. Are there very skilled players who play at a level well above the average? Yes. Are there hundreds and hundreds of them all mysteriously around the same level of God-Mode? No. There simply cheaters. Cheats are subtle by design, but it’s all it takes.

Yes. You can use this as a cheat but there is no evidence the advantages gained by scripts is worth worrying about or being used by anyone worth worrying about.

If you have evidence, this would be the place to post it.

I know this is an old post, but I joined just to comment on how awful most of you treated the OP.
Most of you never even heard of Cronos or the like, yet suddenly are convinced it couldn’t possibly work as a cheat. SMH
It took me all of 2 mins watching a replay of a guy who miraculously was just one of the elite few who all post lap times 10+ seconds faster than mine. That’s your first clue something isn’t right. Next watch the replay and you can see plain as day people just boosting out of corners magically. I guess if your not good at discerning speed at that level, it’s not easy to see.
I know people who use these things and there’s not a game out there that doesn’t have cheating scripts. It’s how they sell these things, and it’s big money. You don’t think if you had a dozen or so master coders and engineers in a company they couldn’t develop cheats?
Yes, if you don’t know where to find scripts, and then learn how to drive / fight / score with your now super-human abilities, it won’t work for you out of the box. But trust me, it’s all out there.
Pretty sad how the OP is basically flamed and called a liar essentially for simply sharing info. In reality he’s just learned about this and has no idea the level it’s been developed to. Game developers know all about it, so no need to ‘inform’ them. That just shows me the poor guy went out of his way to enlighten you poor ignorant gamers.
Ever notice how you don’t come anywhere near touching the lap times these guys do time and time again? Notice how when your right behind one of them, their not blowing your doors off?
Wake up! Cheating is everywhere, in every game, at every level. Are there very skilled players who play at a level well above the average? Yes. Are there hundreds and hundreds of them all mysteriously around the same level of God-Mode? No. There simply cheaters. Cheats are subtle by design, but it’s all it takes.
Coming from one of the "elite few" posting lap times "10+ seconds faster" (?!) than yours, I can guarantee you that no, none of these times are using a Cronus to somehow gain extra traction and yes, when you're right behind one of them, they will blow your doors off. In fact, they will probably gap you by anywhere between 20-40 seconds or more in a daily race C, just like they would in the tightly controlled conditions of the world tour finals. The method mentioned by the OP is pretty much limited in application to gaining time out of standing drag starts and nothing else. Yes, scripts exist to modulate throttle and brake inputs, but no, they can't magically boost you out of corners in racing conditions. If you are really 10 seconds or more per lap off top times there is a lot more going on than that.

We asked for clear and easily understandable proof. We talked reasonably with drag racers who were willing to talk reasonably with us and not accuse all of us as cheaters. The possibility of the glitch is fine, but as someone who doesnt feel super fast but can slam in top 50 regional times in my preferred combos I can promise you it isnt something widespread.

OP basically accused world tour drivers of using cheats to be as fast as they are. We have seen the cheat work, but only to very limited effectiveness, and being of almost zero use at all on Sport mode. We are still waiting on the evidence that this was a widespread cheat responsible for the top times on leader boards and there has been absolutely zero evidence for that.

I hope you noticed that the reasoned people explaining things got reasoned and thought out responses. OP thrashing about with random claims, moving goalposts and widespread accusations of anyone faster then him being a cheater got a less helpful set of replies.

Coming from one of the "elite few" posting lap times "10+ seconds faster" (?!) than yours, I can guarantee you that no, none of these times are using a Cronus to somehow gain extra traction and yes, when you're right behind one of them, they will blow your doors off. In fact, they will probably gap you by anywhere between 20-40 seconds or more in a daily race C, just like they would in the tightly controlled conditions of the world tour finals. The method mentioned by the OP is pretty much limited in application to gaining time out of standing drag starts and nothing else. Yes, scripts exist to modulate throttle and brake inputs, but no, they can't magically boost you out of corners in racing conditions. If you are really 10 seconds or more per lap off top times there is a lot more going on than that.
Because your also a script expert, you know all of this. lol.
You have no idea who I am, or how I can race. I have a few trophies in my cabinet to prove I know a thing or two. I’ve played GT since it was first released, so I know gaming as well.
Do you really think people use software that enables one to accelerate faster, but limit that advantage to drag racing? You have no idea what some guy is using, so why you talk out your arse like you do is laughable.
I know enough about racing and gaming to know that on certain tracks, beating my best time by 10 seconds is impossible. I’m not claiming to be so good, but it’s just physically impossible. I understand you and whoever here don’t know me from Adam, so I could be a complete moron. I get it.
Yet let me ask you, if or when you see dozens of people with best lap times 10 seconds faster than yours, and you know that track very well. What do you think? Then watch a few of these awesome lap time replays and see that the driver is driving almost exactly like you do on the track, but hot damn does he haul out of corners. Knowing he’s driving the exact same car you are.
Oh, and these couple dozen people all have lap times within a second or two of each other, and there’s a distinct gap between them and everyone else. In a race with rolling starts, your position essentially determines your final position. Your not racing AI, and we’re all human.
Have you ever bettered your best lap time by 10 seconds on a 1-2 min track? I don’t mean your early best, I mean, you know every corner and have your line set. I might beat it by a second if I just nailed every corner and was on fire. I could admit someone beating my best by 2-3 seconds, 5 I could find within the relm of possible, yet I would know by watching their replay whether it was legit.
Again, I’m not claiming to be a great player, but I feel confident saying I’m good. I’m not crying because I got beat either. But I’m not stupid, and I can tell you that people cheat. Rather than just argue someone’s point, why not seriously consider it? It’s a very beneficial behavior.

You have no idea who I am, or how I can race. I have a few trophies in my cabinet to prove I know a thing or two. I’ve played GT since it was first released, so I know gaming as well.
Do you really think people use software that enables one to accelerate faster, but limit that advantage to drag racing? You have no idea what some guy is using, so why you talk out your arse like you do is laughable.
I know enough about racing and gaming to know that on certain tracks, beating my best time by 10 seconds is impossible. I’m not claiming to be so good, but it’s just physically impossible. I understand you and whoever here don’t know me from Adam, so I could be a complete moron. I get it.
Yet let me ask you, if or when you see dozens of people with best lap times 10 seconds faster than yours, and you know that track very well. What do you think? Then watch a few of these awesome lap time replays and see that the driver is driving almost exactly like you do on the track, but hot damn does he haul out of corners. Knowing he’s driving the exact same car you are.
Oh, and these couple dozen people all have lap times within a second or two of each other, and there’s a distinct gap between them and everyone else. In a race with rolling starts, your position essentially determines your final position. Your not racing AI, and we’re all human.
Have you ever bettered your best lap time by 10 seconds on a 1-2 min track? I don’t mean your early best, I mean, you know every corner and have your line set. I might beat it by a second if I just nailed every corner and was on fire. I could admit someone beating my best by 2-3 seconds, 5 I could find within the relm of possible, yet I would know by watching their replay whether it was legit.
Again, I’m not claiming to be a great player, but I feel confident saying I’m good. I’m not crying because I got beat either. But I’m not stupid, and I can tell you that people cheat. Rather than just argue someone’s point, why not seriously consider it? It’s a very beneficial behavior.
If you're 10s off the top times I'd highly recommend posting your lap here. The good people of GTP will be able to give you advice that will find you chunks of time without any need to cheat.

I'd also advise watching Tidgneys Driving School on YouTube. Watching that got me up to A+ and within 1-1.5s of the top times (without cheating).

The cheat as described by the OP required a small amount of braking while accelerating. As such it would be clearly visible in the replays. However the OP didn't provide any evidence of anyone doing this and I haven't ever seen anyone do this either (and I do watch the top replays). If you have this evidence, please do post it and you'll likely find people to be more understanding.

Last edited:
You're right that I have no idea who you are or how you can race. However, it's also pretty obvious that you have no idea who I am or how I can race. Make bold claims and you better back them up. I stream almost all of my races live on Twitch for anyone to watch. I'll play on anyone's T-GT, anywhere, and put up those same top 10 times week after week repeatedly.

It's actually quite hard to believe that you are losing 10 seconds per lap with any kind of significant driving experience; you're not wrong there. Either you don't know the track well, you're exaggerating, or you're here to troll. Given that your first comment was your first post here ever, probably the latter. It's pretty obvious that you're just here to try and make inflammatory remarks to upset people because what you've just said about me is so incredibly easy to disprove that you can't expect to be taken seriously.

If you have a real complaint then name and shame. Post a replay demonstrating what you're talking about, and post one of your own. I know you won't because you're full of ****.

If you're ten seconds off the best lap times on a two minute track, there's something wrong with your technique. I'm nearly 60 years old, have crap reflexes, drive cautiously because I know my skill level is dangerous to other drivers if I push, and I'm 2 - 4 seconds off the best times. I'd suggest you follow the advice above and get some feedback on your driving rather than throw around accusations of cheating with no evidence.

If you're not trolling and are as good as you say you are, post proof. Show us footage of you racing people and we'll be happy to critique it for you. Show us footage of people you think are cheating.

So it’s possible I’m missing some method of secret tuning, where you can put on SS tires when RH or RM are forced on sport mode.
I’ve only played this GT Sport for a couple months, yet I have all golds and I can get top 5 in the races, by moving up 3-5 places.
Now I have a controller, so that might be the main reason I’m very skeptical. At the moment the gr3 daily race on Interlagos I’m getting 1:34’s. That’s after a lot of practice, but admittedly I’m not driving autobot lines.
Watch the top ten replays and tell me it’s not sus. I know it’s not like it was any of their 1st attempts, and they have likely years on the track.
Yet, unless these top ten include Lewis, Verstappen and the like, playing in $20k simulators, which I suppose is possible. But their lines never waver one iota. I’ll drive with their ghost, exactly mirroring them for a turn or 2, and my tires are screeching (controlled), yet theirs don’t? That shouldn’t be possible.
I mean I broke down turns 1-3 entirely and 4-6 a good bit. They get the 2-3 seconds on my on 1-3. Their replays look so robotic.
So either there are pro, or should be pro drivers spending 8+ hrs a day for months on each of these tracks, with Maclaren’s simulators. Possible, but very unlikely IMO.

Scripts can be written to drive an entire track like Watson the super-computer, it’s not limited to drag racing traction hacks. And we’re talking about low milliseconds inputs. Think about the handgun made into a recoil free uzi on FPS games
Think about how the game enacts TC, ABS, counter steering, etc. you can tweak those with some coding and game development skill’s fairly easy.
Put it this way, if they programmed an AI driver to drive the track as fast physically possible, think about how closely that would resemble these top times?
You can only go so fast around a track. Take a beetle for 15 mins around an oval, and you’ve gotten to limit. Then imagine you see people with track times 5 seconds fast. There has to be something going on.

BTW I’ve never done one of these races where someone matched or broke the high Q-time records. Yet, I don’t play for hours and hours tbh.
I’ve saved a couple of my proud laps on tracks. I don’t mind the world seeing them. I’m not trying to say I’m sooo fast. I know hundreds of people have better times. Yet there’s a limit right? Depends on the track for sure.
Nobody is going to provide proof of what these fringe techno-hacks are doing. You’d have to have access to the equipment to do that. And the game restricts you to what’s physically possible, you how can you ‘prove’ buddys XIM or Cronos isn’t imputing nano second commands, at 40 times a second?

Yet there’s a limit right?
'It's hard to drive at the limit, but it's harder to know where the limits are.'

Stirling Moss

There's a lot of drivers in GT who can drive to the game and their car's limit and a few who can actually stretch it. They've been playing a lot longer than a couple of months though.

The top time in my region for races B and C is held by IOF_RACING17. If you don't know who that is, his real name is Igor Fraga. Look him up and you'll understand why he usually has the top time in this region.

I'm a little over 4 seconds off of his time for Race B. I tried a few cars to try and get the best feel for the track. My normal car for that track, Porsche 991 RSR, just wasn't cutting it for me this go 'round; so I switched. I settled on the R.S.01 and beat my previous record (set with the Porsche) by almost a second. After a few more laps and squeezing every last bit I could out of the R.S.01, I tried other cars. None of them could get me closer to that time. The following day, I went back in with the Porsche and set another new personal record. That got me to just over 4 seconds from Igor. And I'm happy with that. I wish I had the time to sit and chip away at the time and get better and better and faster and faster. But the truth is I just don't. I play about an hour, maybe 2, a day. If I had the time to put in more time, I could maybe get faster/better.

A lot of those guys' job is making videos for you YouTube/Twitch/etc. They race day in, day out. That's how they get so good. They're in the game for hours at a time, every single day, grinding.

It took me all of 2 mins watching a replay of a guy who miraculously was just one of the elite few who all post lap times 10+ seconds faster than mine.
Then imagine you see people with track times 5 seconds fast. There has to be something going on.
You gained five seconds in a month. What cheats did you use?

So it’s possible I’m missing some method of secret tuning, where you can put on SS tires when RH or RM are forced on sport mode.
I’ve only played this GT Sport for a couple months, yet I have all golds and I can get top 5 in the races, by moving up 3-5 places.
Now I have a controller, so that might be the main reason I’m very skeptical. At the moment the gr3 daily race on Interlagos I’m getting 1:34’s. That’s after a lot of practice, but admittedly I’m not driving autobot lines.
Watch the top ten replays and tell me it’s not sus. I know it’s not like it was any of their 1st attempts, and they have likely years on the track.
Yet, unless these top ten include Lewis, Verstappen and the like, playing in $20k simulators, which I suppose is possible. But their lines never waver one iota. I’ll drive with their ghost, exactly mirroring them for a turn or 2, and my tires are screeching (controlled), yet theirs don’t? That shouldn’t be possible.
I mean I broke down turns 1-3 entirely and 4-6 a good bit. They get the 2-3 seconds on my on 1-3. Their replays look so robotic.
So either there are pro, or should be pro drivers spending 8+ hrs a day for months on each of these tracks, with Maclaren’s simulators. Possible, but very unlikely IMO.

Scripts can be written to drive an entire track like Watson the super-computer, it’s not limited to drag racing traction hacks. And we’re talking about low milliseconds inputs. Think about the handgun made into a recoil free uzi on FPS games
Think about how the game enacts TC, ABS, counter steering, etc. you can tweak those with some coding and game development skill’s fairly easy.
Put it this way, if they programmed an AI driver to drive the track as fast physically possible, think about how closely that would resemble these top times?
You can only go so fast around a track. Take a beetle for 15 mins around an oval, and you’ve gotten to limit. Then imagine you see people with track times 5 seconds fast. There has to be something going on.

BTW I’ve never done one of these races where someone matched or broke the high Q-time records. Yet, I don’t play for hours and hours tbh.
I’ve saved a couple of my proud laps on tracks. I don’t mind the world seeing them. I’m not trying to say I’m sooo fast. I know hundreds of people have better times. Yet there’s a limit right? Depends on the track for sure.
Nobody is going to provide proof of what these fringe techno-hacks are doing. You’d have to have access to the equipment to do that. And the game restricts you to what’s physically possible, you how can you ‘prove’ buddys XIM or Cronos isn’t imputing nano second commands, at 40 times a second?
1.34 in Gr3 on Interlagos isn't fast. Post one of your laps. Some of the gurus here will be able to tell you where you are going wrong. And it wont be not having the secret cheat codes.

Edit, when you are watching the top 10s are you trying to just mimic the line or have you also watched their braking and throttle imputs? The right line is only part of it. I'm not fast by any stretch, but the biggest improvement I've managed to make is trying to nail slow in, fast out. Braking too late can destroy a lap time, even though it feels fast.

Last edited:

Trust me, I'm around 2-3 seconds off the top guys. If you see my replay on its own, it's basically perfect. But if you compare it side by side with the top guys, you start seeing little inaccuracies here and there. They're not mistakes. They're just slight deviations from the perfect line. A few milimeter off the apex, braking 5m late there, slight wheelspin here. How do you gain 3 seconds in 1 lap? It's not by cheating or some super special technique. It's gaining a few tenths in every corner and putting it all together. Easier said than done and some people just have better eye/hand/feet coordination than others. Practice can get you close, but someday you will reach your limit, and that limit will be different from the top guys.

If Usain Bolt challenges you to a 100m sprint, do you think with enough practice and training you could beat him eventually? Unless you have the required genes and physiology, you likely won't, even if you train your whole life until you die. It's the same with racing and games. Just because it has an added component (the car), if someone is faster people automatically assume they are having a faster car or cheating the input device. Some people are just more gifted in doing certain activities than others. Running, tennis, ice skating, football, dancing, piano, racing, drawing, you name it. Not everyone can be good at everything, whether you like it or not. And that's a-okay :) Just do your best and have fun 👍 If you're fast, you're fast. If not, then plenty of people are in the same boat. Nothing to be ashamed of :)

BTW, someone did an experiment using AI deep learning to create a theoretical perfect lap. It's a few tenths faster than the top player. So even these so called "cheating" top players still have room for improvement ;) PDF of the full study in video description, if you're interested.

As for race times not matching time trial times. Of course it won't be. The time trial lap is 1 out of 1000 close to perfect lap. No one, not even the top players can do that in a race every lap. Then you have to contend with other cars, traffic, tyre and fuel load, dirty air and other variables. This proves that they are not cheating, because otherwise they would be driving identical laptimes no?

And before the pandemic, the esport finals are done in front of a live crowd with PD supplied equipment. No way of cheating there and the top drivers are still pulling the same laptimes as at home.

Last edited:
There is no secret to it other than lots of practice and just being one of the people who additionally have that knack of being able to apply it all well. There are times when I know what the correct setup through a corner is in order to have the fastest time, combining the line, inputs and amount of speed to carry, but I'm just not able to pull it off except maybe once randomly. Now apply that to all the corners on track.

A great example of this is a stream Tidgney had a little over a year ago attempting to set a WR on Lago Maggiore Reverse. It was hours long. And he would often know something was wrong with a lap when it still looked perfect from my end. With his FFB on his wheel and his experience and feel he could tell he had lost time from the optimum even though I couldn't. That's the kind of knowledge and practice needed to get that kind of speed. I'll link it if I find it because he explains a lot of things on there at the time. Including how you really have to send it to the absolute limit to get that pace. A pixel more off line 1 way loses you speed, the other is a track cut.

Couldn't find the stream, but here is his sum up video from the attempt.

Change that, I did find the stream

Last edited:
In order to be on the top 10 you need a flawless lap, and the top 10 ghost is just showing you that one flawless lap for each driver.

You're looking at a collection of flawless laps and wondering why they have perfect lines?

Races also don't use the same physics as time trial / qual. You can simulate this by setting "off track grip reduction" or whatever it's called in custom race settings to "Real" instead of low. Race C also has fuel load and tire wear involved so you'll never see anything close to TT/qual times in race conditions.

OMG this guy, lol.

I was a little less less than 1s off the top time in my region at Interlagos last week (1:30.1), and that was a relatively sloppy lap that I know could be improved upon. But I guess this makes me a cheater too? I can watch a replay and it's obvious what they are doing different than me, it's just nearly impossible for me to do it because I'm not as good of a driver and don't dedicate nearly enough time. I'm only a mid level A+ driver and routinely get beaten by guys who are at or near the world tour level. Just because you have never seen these fast guys in-race doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe if you get better you might encounter them some day.

BTW, someone did an experiment using AI deep learning to create a theoretical perfect lap. It's a few tenths faster than the top player. So even these so called "cheating" top players still have room for improvement ;) PDF of the full study in video description, if you're interested.

And before the pandemic, the esport finals are done in front of a live crowd with PD supplied equipment. No way of cheating there and the top drivers are still pulling the same laptimes as at home.

I think the above two points by @LeGeNd-1 essentially provides proof that...

1. A "script" (computer AI) has actually been made to drive better than humans and can produce the "perfect lap" [assuming this video is not a hoax]. Whilst the Cronus Zen is not quite as advanced as computer AI, it's possible that some advantage could be gained to get a small edge (brake/throttle/input control). However....

2. As mentioned by others, everyone knows who the top 50 or 100 drivers are (by PSN and name/face), because they perform live, under controlled conditions, in the various live events. IF they were "cheating" at home (to gain say 1-2 seconds and constantly top qualifying time) then they would be totally destroyed in the finals without their cheat device, and people would be asking why??? ... Game over for the cheater...

So maybe someone could use a script to qualify 1st in every race each week, and then never actually go in the race.... And the point of that would be???? And such obvious action would easily be revealed by the Kudosprime records.

As for your comments regarding your own lap times not matching the top 10, so many reasons for this, as mentioned by many others here. I've been investing such things in depth over the last two years and here's a few things to consider....

a) The server, and your ps4, records what they see, not what you see. Input lag and ping lag drastically effect the inputs seen by the ps4/server, and consequently your lap time. Also this explains why the replay videos don't accurately show what the actual driver is doing. And also explains why the online race times are much slower than the qualifying times, because the ping lag is amplified by actually racing on the server, and also with so many cars on the track adding additional lag. Similarly for the processing speed of your PlayStation. Do you have a regular PS4? I upgraded to PS4 Pro and the game was much smoother... PS5 is better again... Have you minimised your input lag (screen mostly)? Have you optimised your network connection (ethernet, port forwards, Type1)? Is your ping to the server less than 30ms? If not, then you will never get close to the Aliens, because you are racing with a handicap.

b) Technique, technique technique.... As mentioned by many others here. I used to think I was fast, and totally at my limit, then over time I discovered ways to improve my technique, and became faster. Now when I look back at old videos I'm ashamed at the poor technique. A great way of measuring this is in the Lewis Hamilton Challenge. It's a constant measure, so you can see if you've improved... The first time I tried it I could hardly reach the Gold times. With practice I achieved all Golds, then some Diamonds, then with more practice and many months of improving my technique (with some coaching) I finally achieved all 10 Diamond times... But that's still not good enough because Lewis Hamilton is not the fastest driver in GTS. At the live event they matched the 2nd tier drivers (Lewis, Super GT) with the Aliens (pit stop driver swap) to make an entertaining event. and as you can see by the Top 10 times in LHC, many of the (known & respected) Aliens are more than 1s per lap faster than Lewis... So.... More practice, more technique... Now I can easily obtain all 10 Diamonds, in under two hours, and am 0.5 to 1 second faster than him on most tracks. And before you ask, no I'm not using a Zen or any other "cheat". What would be the point of that? I'm on ps4 Pro with G29+loadcell.

c) Regarding technique Vs Cheat Device, sometimes Bad + Bad = OK..... Similar to real world sports when you compensate for a weakness by over compensating in another area. Let's say you're a tennis player with weak backhand but strong forehand, so you compensate by standing further to one side so that all your shots are forehand. It works well at the low levels but once you reach a level where others can exploit that weakness (habitually standing too far to one side), you will be beaten. Much better to have practiced your backhand and eliminate the weakness so you can progress further. So what I'm suggesting is that the Zen script may improve BAD technique by patching it with a BAD work around. Excessive wheel spin or sliding has a massive negative impact on your speed and time, so reducing that with a script will show some improvement, up to a point, but proper technique will always go beyond that.

d) There are some peculiarities in some parts of this GAME where the normal driving/physics rules need to be stretched (or broken) to produce the optimum lap time. Unless the script can be changed throughout the lap, it wouldn't produce the best time. AI would learn when to break the rules, like humans do, but a static script would not. Pretty much supporting point c).

For reference... I am a low A+ driver and regularly finish the week with my Daily Race qualifying time in the top 100 on EMEA. Many times I've qualified in the top 10 (3rd is my best) but I've never finished a week in the top 10. I am friends with some who do regularly... For sure they are cheating, but I just haven't figured out how!! :yuck:

So obviously I'm in the club "maybe beginners could get some advantage by cheating, but not at the top level without being detected"

Back