GT Sport - getting NE-21009009 and NE-210A70A7 error constantly

• Thread starter REGAS
  • 32 comments
Not been able to get on for days now. The lobbies work ok (although they’re utterly worthless), it’s just Sport mode daily races that aren’t working, and haven’t been everytime I’ve tried since they last changed.

Last edited:
Same for me, any Ideas?
It's funny having this bumped nearly a year and a half after I last complained haha.

But for anyone still struggling, here's what I did:

• Do Not Play with WIRED Internet - Use Wi-Fi
It sounds stupid, but for whatever reason... it works. Connecting via Ethernet would kick me most of the time (unless I got very lucky), I got kicked maybe every 4 out of 6 races.
Connecting via Wi-Fi had me manage to get 10 races in a row pretty often. I have no idea why, but it's what finally helped me finish the 322 races in early July. You still will get booted from time-to-time, but this was the most efficient fix for me. Bare in mind a Wi-Fi connection is obviously less stable than Wired, and you'll have to manage weird lag-spikes from time-to-time.

• When you first load the game, load Lobby, then Sport Mode, Test Connection, then enter a race
This helped too. It seems that connecting to the server via Lobby and checking the connection strength after helped. Again, it's not a foolproof fix, but seemed to make a difference for me even when I used Ethernet.

• Do not back out to the home screen after a race - stay on the menu where you can choose Races 1, 2 or 3
Staying in the Sport mode menu also seems to help for whatever reason. I found that if I backed out to the home screen, then went back to Sport mode (even if I did the Lobby/Connection Test above), I would get errored from the next lobby.

• Enter races 2-4 minutes before they close
Almost every time I entered a race more than 5 minutes before they closed for entries, I'd be kicked even doing all of the above. This combined with everything else gave me the best success rate. This also worked if you go to the Qualifying time trial while waiting.

Bare in mind you will still get booted randomly, this isn't foolproof. Unfortunately the server is just too buggy. But doing this got me over the line, and hopefully it will help you too.

After getting the 91 Wins and 65 Poles last year, I still had 90-100 races to finish when I came back in May. Doing the above had me finished playing intermittently by early-July. If you're still going for those Gold trophies... good luck to you. That was one hell of a grind, with Level 50 still to come for me.

Last edited:
It's funny having this bumped nearly a year and a half after I last complained haha.

But for anyone still struggling, here's what I did:

• Do Not Play with WIRED Internet - Use Wi-Fi
It sounds stupid, but for whatever reason... it works. Connecting via Ethernet would kick me most of the time (unless I got very lucky), I got kicked maybe every 4 out of 6 races.
Connecting via Wi-Fi had me manage to get 10 races in a row pretty often. I have no idea why, but it's what finally helped me finish the 322 races in early July. You still will get booted from time-to-time, but this was the most efficient fix for me. Bare in mind a Wi-Fi connection is obviously less stable than Wired, and you'll have to manage weird lag-spikes from time-to-time.

• When you first load the game, load Lobby, then Sport Mode, Test Connection, then enter a race
This helped too. It seems that connecting to the server via Lobby and checking the connection strength after helped. Again, it's not a foolproof fix, but seemed to make a difference for me even when I used Ethernet.

• Do not back out to the home screen after a race - stay on the menu where you can choose Races 1, 2 or 3
Staying in the Sport mode menu also seems to help for whatever reason. I found that if I backed out to the home screen, then went back to Sport mode (even if I did the Lobby/Connection Test above), I would get errored from the next lobby.

• Enter races 2-4 minutes before they close
Almost every time I entered a race more than 5 minutes before they closed for entries, I'd be kicked even doing all of the above. This combined with everything else gave me the best success rate. This also worked if you go to the Qualifying time trial while waiting.

Bare in mind you will still get booted randomly, this isn't foolproof. Unfortunately the server is just too buggy. But doing this got me over the line, and hopefully it will help you too.

After getting the 91 Wins and 65 Poles last year, I still had 90-100 races to finish when I came back in May. Doing the above had me finished playing intermittently by early-July. If you're still going for those Gold trophies... good luck to you. That was one hell of a grind, with Level 50 still to come for me.

Thanks for answer TheEnd35000vr

Basically, switching to WiFi helped for a long time, but now it's the other way around :D. I have now switched back to LAN and it is currently working again. I have the feeling you have to keep changing the connection, it somehow never runs smoothly, after a few races in a row the error codes return.

Stupid if you still want the trophies for the 91 wins and 65 poles :/

Back