GT Sport Gr.4 - How does it work?

• Thread starter Aussie_HSV
  • 43 comments
Thanks.

That's fairly verified, and I now see it is in the "official" GTPlanet list.

Anyone spot anything else that I missed in my Brain Database? It's sparse right now, but I plan to flesh it out as info comes available. Was hoping that would be this month, but alas...

Thanks, again.

full

Even if PDI are showcasing the new cars in the game, might be any car(650S, Camaro, X-Bow) could be used for Gr.4.

Isn't Group 4 just GT4 and equivalent? Would make sense to balance them together like Gr.3s and GT3s.
It is, but there seems to be a bit of discrepancy with a Megane vs an SLS AMG, MX-5 vs Stingray. There are 650S GT4s vs other types of rwd cars. But a fwd vs a high hp rwd car? Doesn't happen.

Some think/feel the cars are or will be BoP'd because it's all virtual anyway. If it were like Super Taikyu ST-class structure, no problem. Thing is, we don't know the exact details of this class, even though we can assume all cars in each class will be of similar performance.

It ain't real scientific, but some would like a bit more realism with this class.

Gr.4 is an interesting group considering the variety of cars.

But to answer the OP's question, I think it will simply be a case of Balance of Performance.
So regardless be it the S-FR or the Mustang, HP and weight and downforce will be adjusted to create a homologated field, similar to Gr.3.

Perhaps there is a stand-point to suggest it should be broken down into classes, and perhaps some HP or weight requirements seem out of reach, but looking at the latest Gr.N cars I feel Gr.4 will be all one class, and cars tweaked to suit via BoP.

570S GT4 races against Ginetta G55s, just one extreme. However the G55 is much lighter and the 570S runs around the 400hp mark (restricted), pretty simple to me to balance a featherweight MX5 against a tank SLS.

For sure. An MX-5 is homolgated for GT4 (though, I haven't seen anyone build one) I posted the real life GT4 cars for comparison. There is even an AMG GT GT4 being developed. It's possible the 650S could be bumped down in power as well to match a 570S ((nless PD are modelling one for the game).
Now. This was revealed by AMG Customer program. Its not in GTS, but...
View attachment 612451
AMG GT R

No power figures yet, however, we can see how the SLS can suit the Gr.4 tally of cars. GT4 cars normally have 340-430hp(the old FR500C Mustang had 500hp, as it was heavy @1440kg). PD will make the classes as realistic as possible.

Yes, but PD usually jumble cars together with no meaning. This time, it appears they've got their act together.

I have never quoted wikipedia. Yet, searching for GT4 car lists lead me to this.
The following cars are currently homologated for GT4:
◾Aston Martin Vantage N24
◾Aston Martin Vantage GT4
◾Audi TT
◾BMW M3 GT4
◾BMW Z4
◾Corvette C6
◾Chevrolet Camaro
◾Ford Mustang FR500GT4
◾Ford Shelby GT350R-C
◾Ginetta G50 GT4
◾Ginetta G55 GT4
◾KTM X-Bow GTR[1]
◾Lotus Evora
◾Maserati Gran Turismo MC
◾Maserati Trofeo
Mazda MX-5
◾McLaren 570 GT4
◾Nissan 350Z
◾Nissan 370Z
◾Porsche 997 GT4
◾Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
◾SIN R1 GT4
Toyota 86 GT GT4 [2]
I did not know the MX-5(NC?ND?) is homologated for GT4. Neither did I know about the 86(even though Super Taikyu have their ST-4 Class versions and PCars has the Rocket Bunny GT4 version). Once again, I can now see what PD are doing. If only they would explain things without us having to investigate.

There's also an R8 under consideration for Audis GT4 challenger so the class does have higher HP cars but in the actual races they're way down on power vs their road car bretheren.

I think a wait and see approach to this may work best as I don't believe Gr.4 has subclasses.

There's also an R8 under consideration for Audis GT4 challenger so the class does have higher HP cars but in the actual races they're way down on power vs their road car bretheren.
Mercedes just announced an AMG GT-R for use in the GT4 class, so this doesn't surprise me.

Back