GT Sport & Logitech G29

• Thread starter tomsku
  • 42 comments
I must say I'm all about grip a lot more than drift on games, although that's vice versa in real life. I only drive on wheels, I haven't used a control for a driving game in over 12 years.

That is some clean racing racing and intense battle with the AI. I'm frankly really glad to see this because compare to how things were in GT6 with the AI, that's worlds better.

Hey guys I'm currently using the controller at the moment and I'm wanting to upgrade to a wheel but which one is good?

Found the g29 with h shifter for 220£
Or a thrustmaster t150 pro for 190£

Any help will be appreciated

Hey guys I'm currently using the controller at the moment and I'm wanting to upgrade to a wheel but which one is good?

Found the g29 with h shifter for 220£
Or a thrustmaster t150 pro for 190£

Any help will be appreciated
If you want a clutch and H shifter get G29. If you play racing games mostly with assists and auto shifting get the t150 it does have paddle shifters. I would go for G29, more complete. If you go for t150 and want to upgrade you have to buy t3pa pedals and th8ars shifter and that will make the overal package more expensive.

Hmmm I just want best bang for buck and good reliability, thanks for advice so far guys
Either way you can't go wrong. They are both good wheels. Personally I'm at the point to upgrade from my g29. So keep that also in mind. Logitech has no ecosystem but is very reliable and I'm probably gonna keep it as a backup. I'm now waiting for the first t-GT reviews before deciding to enter thrustmaster ecosystem or Fanatec. If I had the t150 with shifter the choice would have been easier to make.

I'd like to share some thoughts about the G29 with the demo of GT Sport as well. Force Feedback is quite good, much better than in the closed beta where it was really awful. You can really feel the weight transfer and the wheel also feels heavier overall. Had to turn down the settings to 1 strength and 4 sensitivity and I like it that way. You can also feel bumps on the track and rumble strips very well.

But unfortunately there are also some negative things to mention. First one is braking. In the closed beta I already had to take out the rubber stopper since I couldn't reach 100% brakes without having to press on the brake really hard. But now, since they changed some things with the ABS I think I might have to put that rubber stopper back again or perhaps shorten it a bit. Had it on mild in the closed beta and it was perfect there but in this demo you still block the wheels on mild if you press on the brake too hard. When I changed it to default setting it was good again though but it does feel a bit like cheating now, since I was used to the mild setting. :P So I think I'll try some things with the rubber stopper again and see if I can improve.

But the second negative is a really bad one in my opinion. It's the rally tracks. Or even driving through gravel traps, gives the same effect. You constantly hear gear rattle which gets annoying really fast, especially when you're still trying to play in the late evening when you need to be quiet a little. It's just impossible, the wheel keeps making a lot of noise. I understand that it's trying to make you feel the road surface but it's just way too much for this wheel. It takes away the enjoyment on these rally tracks which I otherwise like quite much. I sent this in through the bug report so I hope they can somehow change this. If not, I think I may have to go with a belt driven wheel after all. Not that that's a bad thing but other than the gears inside I really like the G29, especially the pedals.

Either way you can't go wrong. They are both good wheels. Personally I'm at the point to upgrade from my g29. So keep that also in mind. Logitech has no ecosystem but is very reliable and I'm probably gonna keep it as a backup. I'm now waiting for the first t-GT reviews before deciding to enter thrustmaster ecosystem or Fanatec. If I had the t150 with shifter the choice would have been easier to make.

Same here...when they announced the T-GT, I literally had just bought the G29 so that was a bummer. Though I'm not taking anything away from the G29 because from what I experienced with the demo, it is quite good (despite only having it without the H-Shifter) But I still wonder about the T-GT because the stats seem very promising. With that said, I'm also waiting to hear about the reviews to see if I will eventually get it.

Back