GT Sport Matchup to Real Life Nordschleife Lap Time - Camaro ZR1 1LE

• Thread starter dnlnnhs
  • 3 comments
United States
MI
ongowa
The goal here was to MATCH the real life lap time using GT Sport (Arcade Time Trial). I did end up a little ahead. I didn't realize that IRL the timing track is 200 meters shorter than a full lap.

GT Sport setup was all "Reset to Default" except for tires - used Racing Soft. With Racing Super Soft I often beat the IRL time. This is challenging because a) it's the Nordschleife, and b) the only guide to how well you're "matching" is the section times as you go.

Also note, I don't proclaim my lap as a clean lap - I tore up some grass in a few spots, but with a DS4, and on my second try, I think it matches pretty well.

Very cool. I don't think I fully realized how much fencing there is around the circuit. It stands out more in the IRL video.

By the looks of things, you used race tyres? I think sport hard tyres are closer to real thing.
Edit: oh okay, you stated that you used them, didn't notice.

Anything less than Race Soft and I can't keep the thing on the track. Probably more a comment on my abilities than the race model itself. I don't know the extent that PD goes to to try to model a car as close to the real thing as possible, and I doubt that this accurately represents the real thing. It was just challenging to try to match the real life lap time with the same car.

Back