GT Sport on K' | Profiles, Events, Leaderboards, Stats, Cars | Feedback

• Thread starter Milouse
  • 755 comments
My stats say i completed 60 Sport Mode Completed Races but then also states this: "(61* demo included)". I haven't played the demo? :confused:

The DR/SR pick for that race has been done during the race, maybe he had quit/been disconnected already? (if he did)
All DR/SR that i provided for grid analysis have been done simultaneously for all grid profiles.

Yep, that's what I think - he quit/disconnected from previous race, and that previous race hadn't finished when you grabbed the profiles. Nothing we can do about that except be aware that it can happen - in my spreadsheet, it meant that all the other players' scores were off by +6 or +7 points in this case.

Another weird thing. If i look to players who completed exactly 5 races, and then should have exactly 2000 pts, 26 % have less than 2000 pts. Their DR spread from 1 to nearly 2000 pts. They seems to be evenly spread, but my eye caught small grouping at exactly 1 point, 880 pts, and 1200 pts.

Do the other 74% all have exactly 2000? Or some have more?

It's possible that they scored enough points by themselves to get into DR D, which stopped them getting the boost to 2000. And then some could drop back down as far as 1. The groupings at 880 and 1200 seem strange though... but they may just be a natural quirk of finishing first/last amongst such low scores (and small differences between scores). Have you seen any get to DR D with less than 5 races? Knowing how soon that can happen would give an idea of the threshold.

Would you be able to watch a bunch of fresh profiles frequently enough to spot race-by-race changes? Finding someone who wins their first few races would tell us a lot!

I have a question

Screenshot_2018-01-23-21-39-38.png

Is this
Screenshot_2018-01-23-21-39-38-1.png

Legit?!

Am I reading it wrong or am I really in the Top 1 percent? I see a lot of AS/SS drivers in here so I'm in a bit of disbelief...

Wow. Good going if you are.

But likewise, I am a low B... and listed as top 9%. I guess that out of 3m+ players it's not actually that flattering.

How did you manage to do -1 race in the Demo?
I don't know either. Before it became the Demo stuff it was +1
Wow. Good going if you are.

But likewise, I am a low B... and listed as top 9%. I guess that out of 3m+ players it's not actually that flattering.
Thanks! The number may seem large, but if you look at it in relevance, you're quite high up there :)
Sure you may not be into the top 100, and so am I, but we're both better than over 2 million players!

Just noticed this has changed to include the extra races as "demo" races, I.e races completed playing the demo.
Problem is that I've never played the demo so this stat is inaccurate
My stats say i completed 60 Sport Mode Completed Races but then also states this: "(61* demo included)". I haven't played the demo? :confused:
There was more to read at the bottom. But i edited the page to reflect more accurately our current state (lack) of knowledge around that value.

Yep, that's what I think - he quit/disconnected from previous race, and that previous race hadn't finished when you grabbed the profiles. Nothing we can do about that except be aware that it can happen - in my spreadsheet, it meant that all the other players' scores were off by +6 or +7 points in this case.
It didn't cross my mind this could have happened :lol:

Do the other 74% all have exactly 2000? Or some have more?
None of the 5 Races Players Club have more than 2000 pts.

It's possible that they scored enough points by themselves to get into DR D, which stopped them getting the boost to 2000. And then some could drop back down as far as 1. The groupings at 880 and 1200 seem strange though... but they may just be a natural quirk of finishing first/last amongst such low scores (and small differences between scores). Have you seen any get to DR D with less than 5 races? Knowing how soon that can happen would give an idea of the threshold.
As expected, none of the players that played less than 5 races have a DR score above 1.
Some players are E with 5 races or more, but that's because their SR is < 10.

Legit?!
Am I reading it wrong or am I really in the Top 1 percent? I see a lot of AS/SS drivers in here so I'm in a bit of disbelief...
According to this stats, the 12,000 - 75,000 score range count for 10% of all Sport Mode players.
Note that the "Top %" of the stat page excludes players that have less than 5 races, since they don't have a DR score.

You're the first profile i spot with the value inside parenthesis to be lower than the other one. :banghead:

According to this stats, the 12,000 - 75,000 score range count for 10% of all Sport Mode players.
Note that the "Top %" of the stat page excludes players that have less than 5 races, since they don't have a DR score.

You're the first profile i spot with the value inside parenthesis to be lower than the other one. :banghead:
Hey, it's still something :D
Weird... I didn't play the demo if that helps. And sometimes I disconnect during the races
Good luck mate, been loving your site!

None of the 5 Races Players Club have more than 2000 pts.

As expected, none of the players that played less than 5 races have a DR score above 1.

Ah, I see - I didn't know we were positive that in the first 5 races players don't get scored at all. The other scores for the 5RPC are a real mystery then.

American streamer Z28 recently started an EU profile, just using it for a small number of races each day, and that shows the normal pattern - 1 point, then 2000, then up. He's pretty quick, so I imagine he placed well in his first few races. Shame I missed his first few races over here, it's hard to find beginners on streams :(

I found a race with someone doing their 5th race, and ending up with 2000 points. Nothing surprising there. What is interesting though, is that someone with less than 5 races is treated as already having 2000 points, for the scoring interactions with other players. (I've also seen someone doing their 4th race which verifies this).

The one that got to 5 races would've gained points in that race. I'm hoping to find a case where one loses points, in case it gives a clue as to how at 5 races someone can have less than 2000 points.

edit: oh lol, too tired to think straight sometimes - they simply quit from their 6th race!

20,000 pts (281 lines) as an apparent limit in case of Manner points <15

I've seen a few cases of this now, and even more of the limit to 7000. The 7000 cap seems to work correctly, I think, but the 20000 one does not. If the player dropping to <15 SR has fewer points (but more than 7000?) they are boosted up to 20000. This can't be the intention! Maybe a copy-paste bug, as in:
if (SRpre > 5 and SRpost <= 5 and DRpost > 7000) then DR = 7000
if (SRpre > 15 and SRpost <=15 and DRpost > 7000) then DR = 20000
Bolded should be 20000.

Take a look at this profile where DR mostly kinda bounces between 7000 and 20000, currently on a slide down from the incorrect boost I saw a couple of nights ago.

edit: Looks like there's another limit, also bugged, maybe at 30 SR and 50000 DR:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/experiment-with-how-to-win-doing-it-wrongly.373943/

Last edited:
👍
So, their score would depend of the grid during that 6th race, right?

Yup. So there should be 3 peaks, corresponding to the normal 3 daily race grid sizes: 11*80=880, 15*80=1200 and 19*80=1520 (give or take a few points). But in Race C it's quite likely that at least one other will quit as well, so that peak might be quite blurred! It's probably fair to assume that at this level the DRs are often quite similar in most races.

(edit: err, I mean 2000 minus those values, of course).

Last edited:
i updated the global stats based on polling of profiles. (no new statistic type, but data are up-to-date).

I still can not add cars to my garage while signed in. Using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.
Sorry, you already post about it on page 2 and i was sure to have asked you a technical question left unanswered but i can't find my answer, os i guess i failed a post.

Does it occurs on both the car list and on a specific car's page?

I'd like to investigate this, if you have time:
1. Be sure to be in https mode in the url (in case your pc is over protective): https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/carlist.php
2. In google Chrome, do Control+Shift+J when on K' carlist. This opens the Chrome developer console, where errors are shown.
3. reload the page. If you see a message in red, you can copy-paste it to me. (red are breaking code problems, other messages are not of interest here)
4. If you got no red message at step 2, you can click on a car's key and see if a red message pop then.
5. In other case of a server error (like you're not connected for some reason, you should see a red message at the top of the screen instead of a green one, once a key icon is pressed)

i updated the global stats based on polling of profiles. (no new statistic type, but data are up-to-date).

Sorry, you already post about it on page 2 and i was sure to have asked you a technical question left unanswered but i can't find my answer, os i guess i failed a post.

Does it occurs on both the car list and on a specific car's page?

I'd like to investigate this, if you have time:
1. Be sure to be in https mode in the url (in case your pc is over protective): https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/carlist.php
2. In google Chrome, do Control+Shift+J when on K' carlist. This opens the Chrome developer console, where errors are shown.
3. reload the page. If you see a message in red, you can copy-paste it to me. (red are breaking code problems, other messages are not of interest here)
4. If you got no red message at step 2, you can click on a car's key and see if a red message pop then.
5. In other case of a server error (like you're not connected for some reason, you should see a red message at the top of the screen instead of a green one, once a key icon is pressed)
Error message says:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404

Error message says:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404
Ok. This is not related to our problem and can be ignored.

When we click on a car's key, the browser immediately sends a query to the server. It is possible to see it by having the "Network" tab (in the F12 key accessed developer window) open when clicking. Here, i add yellow emphase to the query:
upload_2018-1-29_20-24-4.png

It would be interesting to see if it happens (as this occurs on your browser, i can't investigate it on my own).

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-29_20-20-6.png
    upload_2018-1-29_20-20-6.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 11
Love the site @Milouse

Can I suggest you give us an option to view stats for cars like:

Torque - ft-lb.
Weight - lbs.

Jerome

Ok. This is not related to our problem and can be ignored.

When we click on a car's key, the browser immediately sends a query to the server. It is possible to see it by having the "Network" tab (in the F12 key accessed developer window) open when clicking. Here, i add yellow emphase to the query:
View attachment 710222

It would be interesting to see if it happens (as this occurs on your browser, i can't investigate it on my own).

Ctrl+Shift+J now says

Uncaught ReferenceError: init is not defined
at onload

nothing happens when i press F12 and click the key icon

Can I suggest you give us an option to view stats for cars like:

Torque - ft-lb.
Weight - lbs.

I've been surprised to see someone using a weight in pounds the other day. I wrongly thought that GT Sport was using Kg whatever culture the PS4 is set on.
I replaced the Kg by a Lb unit and value for the K' users that have (B)HP set as power unit.

The torque has been removed from the website for GTS, there's no data relative to that in the K' database and i don't plan to reinstate it.

Ctrl+Shift+J now says
Uncaught ReferenceError: init is not defined
at onload

nothing happens when i press F12 and click the key icon

Interesting. If it repeats, i'd be interested to have more info (like a capture of the log, the idea is that i see when it happens and what file/line number triggers it).
My best bet here would be to blame a browser extention. Browser extentions are turned off in Privacy Mode, if you want to check it.

I noted when looking at @zzz_pt‘s stats that the x-axis graph counter stops at 50 but apparently does show the correct DR/SR points? Maybe it can be implemented that when a specific amount of days have been spent in sport mode the dots disappear and the graph shrinks together or to make it a scroll-left-and-right graph?

Thanks for the page tho, I really enjoy taking a look at how I improved after some races 👍

I noted when looking at @zzz_pt‘s stats that the x-axis graph counter stops at 50 but apparently does show the correct DR/SR points? Maybe it can be implemented that when a specific amount of days have been spent in sport mode the dots disappear and the graph shrinks together or to make it a scroll-left-and-right graph?
Doesn't he just have 50 days of stats?
The graph auto-shrinks to display all days, whether the number is 4 or 100.

@Milouse what happened to this guy? His SR dropped to 5, but DR shot to 20000 dead. Is this the glitch that increases DR when SR drops below current DR level?

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=4019488

Yes, glitch. SR dropped below 15, while DR was greater than 7000, which boosted DR to 20000 and set DR letter to C.

@Milouse
Interesting that he landed on 5 SR exactly, which didn't trigger the reset to 7000 DR, so confirms that you have to fall below the trigger level, right? But then there's this one: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1301783 where falling to 30 SR triggered the reset to 50000 DR - either we have that threshold wrong, or it tests it differently (< vs <=). How confirmed are these levels based on your data?

Interesting that he landed on 5 SR exactly, which didn't trigger the reset to 7000 DR, so confirms that you have to fall below the trigger level, right? But then there's this one: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1301783 where falling to 30 SR triggered the reset to 50000 DR - either we have that threshold wrong, or it tests it differently (< vs <=). How confirmed are these levels based on your data?
I had a look in a sample of 72000 sport mode days results:
- 407 have 7000 pts, in a SR range of 1-4, with two exceptions: 7 and 99. Probably just regular round DR scores.
- 107 have 20000 pts, in a SR range of 5-14
- 3 have 50000 pts, with SR scores of 31,32 and 32.
- 1 have 70000 pts, with SR at 58.

The trigger value is probably higher than 30.

I had a look in a sample of 72000 sport mode days results:
- 407 have 7000 pts, in a SR range of 1-4, with two exceptions: 7 and 99. Probably just regular round DR scores.
- 107 have 20000 pts, in a SR range of 5-14
- 3 have 50000 pts, with SR scores of 31,32 and 32.
- 1 have 70000 pts, with SR at 58.

Thanks.

The trigger value is probably higher than 30.

Indeed. Actually, 35 would make it fit a pattern of being 5 less than the top of each SR band (and 60 fits that as well).

Finding examples of the 50k and 70k resets in races is hard! So I thought I'd look for counter-examples, and I found a surprising number amongst the 33 races we've captured :confused:

Dropping past 35 SR with >20000 DR:
srdrop35.png

Dropping past 15 SR with >7000 DR (note TeamPro not being reset from above 20000):
srdrop15.png

Dropping past 5 SR (at least these are consistent!):
srdrop5.png

We know the resets happen, I'm not arguing against that, but we must be missing something - some other condition for when it happens. I wondered if it might be asynchronous to races finishing, but I think that's proved false since it seems to be based on DR before the race results are applied (see ThiiFilipe dropping past 5). Also, I've checked a few of these profiles since and they don't show any evidence of DR being reset afterwards.

Very strange, and I can't spot a pattern. Maybe you can?

Last edited:
Back