Experiment with how to win doing it 'wrongly'!

Ah, so if you win X amount of races so quickly or in a row it automatically just whacks you straight to 50000.

Something like that, or at least it seems that way. I don't believe the OP's method will work if you are neck deep into the game.

Ah, so if you win X amount of races so quickly or in a row it automatically just whacks you straight to 50000.
No, it's an SR de-ranking bug.

When you're assigned a new, lower DR rating because your SR rating drops, the game gives you a flat DR point score. If you're de-ranked to DR D (by having SR drop to E), it's 7,000pt. If you're de-ranked to DR C (by having SR drop to D), it's 20,000pt. I didn't know what it was for DR B (by having SR drop to C) until today, but I guess it's 50,000pt.

When you're assigned a new, lower DR rating because your SR rating drops, the game gives you a flat DR point score. If you're de-ranked to DR D (by having SR drop to E), it's 7,000pt. If you're de-ranked to DR C (by having SR drop to D), it's 20,000pt. I didn't know what it was for DR B (by having SR drop to C) until today, but I guess it's 50,000pt.

But 50000 is SR A/S?

Edit: sorry DR A/S

TL;DR I got DR A in a couple of sessions using all assists, TC 5, AT, DS4 - don't get hung up on the need to be a 'purist'.
Is anyone actually saying you need to run no assists to be faster? I've always encouraged people to turn them off simply because it's more rewarding to drive that way.

Yet that ONE race netted almost 17k DR points according to kudosprime. The bar in game shows a full B. If you check that link to my kudosprime profile, that day 4 result is ONE RACE!

Either kudosprime is wonky, or there is something not quite right about how this is calculated in game. I have had days on my main account in which I did a ton of races (and got straight wins against A/S players) and netted little more than a leg rub and a handshake for my troubles. HTF can 1 race, an absolute shambling mess of a race, result in 17K DR points?

K'prime is fine, it's GTS doing weird stuff. I'm going to analyze some more races tonight to see if they've changed/fixed it with the update.

It's not quite that simple! @Milouse identified going below 5 SR to limit DR to 7000. And going below 15 SR should limit to 20000 (but it seems to be bugged). Following that pattern, going below 30 SR (half-way point of SR C) could be causing a 'limit' of 50000. (It does it as you drop SR past those levels, not all the time while SR is below the level).

The bug would be that this shouldn't be ever boosting DR upwards. Pretty sure they can't mean to hand out DR like confetti when you're bad!

Other than that, any drop of DR letter due to a drop in SR can be temporary - the DR points remain mostly intact - and regaining enough SR can restore the normal DR letter for that number of DR points.

Actually the fact that an individual might do it doesn't matter much. They will either manage to maintain the boosted DR level or (more likely) not. The main problem is that it means a lot more points are swilling around the system, so each one is 'worth' less.

Very interesting "bug" in the system :D

I found an other profile "affected" by this once, with the DR jumping to 50,000 as SR falls:
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=2214700

And an other one, this time working as - i guess - intended:
http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=3525100

It's not quite that simple! @Milouse identified going below 5 SR to limit DR to 7000. And going below 15 SR should limit to 20000 (but it seems to be bugged).
I identified that as a trigger, not a limit, soon after the first observation, @Famine explanation is correct, even if SR values were missing.

I identified that as a trigger, not a limit, soon after the first observation, @Famine explanation is correct, even if SR values were missing.

Yes, I tried to qualify what I said in the last sentence of that bit, about it being applied as SR goes past - that's the trigger, which then applies the limit.

Not just the SR values, I wanted to point out that there are two separate things going on - one with letters and one with points.

edit: Anyway, it still happens today, just saw one going from 30 down to 9 SR and from 16623 up to 20000 DR.

Last edited:
Just to clarify further (I was reading the thread on suggestions for Kudosprime stats).

DR A/S rank (points don't matter) with a single race decline from SR S/A -> SR C will result in the code setting the DR level at B, with a DR point allocation of 50000.

This does not appear to be the case in a single race decline to SR B.

On that basis, I checked a few profiles out (including my main account) and found a few more clear examples of this.

One that is a bit different, however, is actually voodoo's from this thread! In that one, it goes DR B / SR S to DR 50k / SR C. Maybe you actually did a few races there where you were DR A? Otherwise, it means an even easier way to get SR S in that you do not need to have minimum DR A points, just DR B points with a juicy 1 race SR drop.

Problem is, as a kind of strategy, this is risky as you need to make sure you get a drop from SR S/A to SR C and not SR A or B.

Thoughts?

There's definitely two different things that it does. You dropped to low SR C, and I believe it treats that differently to dropping to high C. It certainly treats dropping to low E or D as differently to high E or D. It uses the middle of those levels as thresholds (5 SR and 15 SR), so for now let's assume that it uses 30 SR as the threshold for this one.

If you had dropped to SR C with, say, 36 SR then you could've stayed DR A with whatever DR points you would've normally ended up with from that race (if that was enough to remain DR A anyway - probably was, since you finished 8th). @jasguer 's site shows that clearest on his Driver Rating table - SR can be two letters lower than DR letter.

As far as we know, it doesn't matter how quickly or slowly you lose the SR - it doesn't need to be a big drop in one race. I've seen someone trigger the 15 SR threshold by falling from 19 to 14 - so that player's SR letter did not change from that race.

When this bug is seen boosting DR to 20000 by someone falling past the 15 SR threshold, I've never seen it boost someone from less than 7000 DR. So in this case of boosting to 50000, it may well not apply if DR is less than 20000 - which allows for the upper half of DR B to be affected.

As you can see, DR points are not limited otherwise, just the DR letter, and can go up while DR lettter is limited by SR. We've known this for a while, but I didn't want to highlight it.

It's a reasonable guess that your DR getting set to B was another result of triggering the DR getting put to 50000. When a DR B player drops past the 15 SR threshold and DR gets set to 20000 it looks like their DR letter is set to C - example (at day 30).

It's curious that they picked 50000, since that's now the boundary between A and S. The others, 7000 and 20000, are in the middle of DR C and B. The A-S boundary used to be 55000 before Dec 6th, so maybe they forgot to update this bit of code to match that, but even so 40000 would've followed the pattern better, sitting in the middle of DR A. (7000 is only the middle of DR C since the Dec 6th update, because the D-C boundary also moved, from 5000 to 4000).

When I've been looking at races to work out DR points scoring, I haven't been watching the DR letters at all! So there may be more to learn.

Last edited:
Yes, I imagine most players have no idea this is going on at all - they'll get a boost, say to 20000, but that full bar at DR C would also be there if they had 10000. At SR D/E, most aren't particularly careful about their SR anyway, and the next cut to 7000 DR when falling below 5 SR probably takes a lot of the points away again :lol:

edit:

When this bug is seen boosting DR to 20000 by someone falling past the 15 SR threshold, I've never seen it boost someone from less than 7000 DR. So in this case of boosting to 50000, it may well not apply if DR is less than 20000 - which allows for the upper half of DR B to be affected.

I'm pretty sure that there's some DR level (probably 20k) below which they won't get a boost to 50k. I've just seen someone fall from 57 to 33 SR in the Gr.1 race, and another fall from 34 to 18, and neither got a boost. They were at 14846 and 16492 DR respectively.

Last edited:
Back