GT Sport Photomode - Interior Photos | Z axis only Confirmed

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 68 comments

zzz_pt

Premium
Germany
Porto living in Hamburg
zzz_pt
So, we got astonishing shots yesterday! Great! I really loved them. Now down to the business... :)

From what I saw from the Scenes feature and from the official images shared by PD, I have 2 concerns regarding Photomode inside SCENES (not after Races/inside replays):

1- I was seriously hoping to see something that would garuantee me I would be able to take a picture like this one without having to glitch inside the car, take over 80 shots and spend hours and hours editing them... But I'm not very confident atm.

We didn't see any interior shot and this could be conected to my second point.

2- Inside the Scenes, it looked like we will only be able to move along the Z axis, rotate and zoom. As if we had a fixed tripod and a 360º camera with a zoom lens. I honestly hope this isn't true. Kaz said the scenes have spacial data besides lighning data so I hope we can move around freely (I'm not very optimistic though).

This would mean that every shot ever taken inside Scenes would be taken from the exact same point in space, meaning they would be easily reprduced/copied and the originality and creativity wouldn't be as abundant as in previous games. 1000 scenes is awesome but if we're taking all the pictures from the same exact position in 3D space, that's annoying. At least to me.

I'm still trying to figure out this thing and I appreciate more inputs. What do you think this will bring?

It would be great to have this question passed to the Q&A session today if possible (@Jordan @SlipZtrEm).

Last edited:
Don't look at me, I won't be able to ask Kaz anything today! :lol:

I had a similar concern when the info was first shown to me. It's a trade-off: we've never had so many locations available to us, but the lack of camera adjustability means things will start feeling similar almost quicker than before. Though personally, I've always found Photo Travel fairly limited, and as Scapes are effectively replacing that (and leaving Race Photos available, I assume), this isn't *that* bad.

I think seeing so many diverse Scapes just made me a little greedy, since I want to explore every one...

With all cars having high quality interiors there's really no reason not to have a possibility of photographing them. They don't even have to do door opening animations, just a button that moves the camera inside the car.

Yes. The thing is we didn't see any of that. GT6 already had pretty decent interiors and we had the same situation (no possibility to shoot them in photomode).

Kyle, but you have the connections :P and you're into photomode. That's why I mentioned you :cheers:

The fact you can add motion to the car in a scene raises its own concerns. Some of the spaces seen have sheer drops a few feet behind the car, which would mean you're accelerating at full speed in a matter of feet. Hopefully that alone means the car can be moved within one of the scapes.

Last edited:
So, we got astonishing shots yesterday! Great! I really loved them. Now down to the business... :)

From what I saw from the Scenes feature and from the official images shared by PD, I have 2 concerns regarding Photomode:

1- I was seriously hoping to see something that would garuantee me I would be able to take a picture like this one without having to glitch inside the car, take over 80 shots and spend hours and hours editing them... But I'm not very confident atm.

We didn't see any interior shot and this could be conected to my second point.

2- Inside the Scenes, it looked like we will only be able to move along the Z axis, rotate and zoom. As if we had a fixed tripod and a 360º camera with a zoom lens. I honestly hope this isn't true. Kaz said the scenes have spacial data besides lighning data so I hope we can move around freely (I'm not very optimistic though).

This would mean that every shot ever taken inside Scenes would be taken from the exact same point in space, meaning they would be easily reprduced/copied and the originality and creativity wouldn't be as abundant as in previous games. 1000 scenes is awesome but if we're taking all the pictures from the same exact position in 3D space, that's annoying. At least to me.

I'm still trying to figure out this thing and I appreciate more inputs. What do you think this will bring?

It would be great to have this question passed to the Q&A session today if possible (@Jordan @SlipZtrEm).
I believe that the 'scapes' section may not have much camera movement, but I am 99% positive the regular way of taking photographs will return mostly unchanged as far as mechanics go. There shouldn't be any worries! :)

This shot should have reflections of cars, isn't it? I hope they will add it later, so Photoshop will be for special effects only, like rain or snow :)
i1aHc5mHSf07scc.jpg

i1ZbsEo44lXvWuB.jpg

This is the camera menu and we can see the controls are differnet from GT6. We don't use the LS for direction in GT6 but to walk freely. The RS was used to "look around" (360º). Now R1+L1 buttons will rotate.

i1HOhr8X3aJm1.jpg

In GT6 we have (from we know atm) more freedom.

O love the 1000 scenes but I wouldn't like to lose this freedom to move and look around inside the scene. It might be a technical limitation since the scenes look like made out of actual 2D photographs.

O love the 1000 scenes but I wouldn't like to lose this freedom to move and look around inside the scene. It might be a technical limitation since the scenes look like made out of actual 2D photographs.

It's like Google panoramas (Street View) probably.

I believe that the 'scapes' section may not have much camera movement, but I am 99% positive the regular way of taking photographs will return mostly unchanged as far as mechanics go. There shouldn't be any worries! :)

Why are you so positive on that? Obviously you'll still be able to take photos in game but what makes you so sure normal 3D photo environments will return, when they've focused so hard on these scapes?

We really need a proper demonstration, from main menu of the game to taken shot. Is this mode available in London?

Why are you so positive on that? Obviously you'll still be able to take photos in game but what makes you so sure normal 3D photo environments will return, when they've focused so hard on these scapes?
because they have already made the 3D environments? Its literally just a free roam camera in the replays. The whole game is the 3D landscape.

because they have already made the 3D environments? Its literally just a free roam camera in the replays. The whole game is the 3D landscape.

Which 3D environments? The tracks you mean? I thought you meant the photomode locations were sure to return, and @zzz_pt was also clearly referring to those when he mentioned more control, since they are in his screenshot.

Which 3D environments? The tracks you mean? I thought you meant the photomode locations were sure to return, and @zzz_pt was also clearly referring to those when he mentioned more control, since they are in his screenshot.
Oh no, I meant race shoots. I did specify this earlier :)

Yes but you replied to @zzz_pt who never once mentioned race photoshoots, he was quite clearly referring to photomode environments.
That means more or less nothing. He was expressing his fears about a lack of freedom in GTS photomode not having enough freedom, and I told him that it probably wont be in the scapes section, but should be in normal photomode section.

Yes, I wrote above they look 2D 360º photographs. That's why we probably won't be able to move from the sigle point from where the original photo was taken (i.e. we'll be able to zoom and move the camera from a virtual tripod XYZ fixed position).

Yes, I wrote above they look 2D 360º photographs. That's why we probably won't be able to move from the sigle point from where the original photo was taken (i.e. we'll be able to zoom and move the camera from a virtual tripod XYZ fixed position).
I understand it, this is exactly what I'm taking about. If it's just 2D 360º photographs, how "Add Light" feature can affect to them?

I understand it, this is exactly what I'm taking about. If it's just 2D 360º photographs, how "Add Light" feature can affect to them?

I don't really know how the actual "magic" happens really. This is completely new to me. For the scenes to have light and spacial data they might have calculated the distances to different planes/objects inside the scene from the camera point to the horizon but I have literally no idea.

This looks a place where you can keep you cars... maybe. It looks like a fictional 3D modeled place. The scenes were real world locations. We need more info mate! :D

Back