GT Sport Players Have Driven 25 BILLION Miles, in Almost a Billion Races

I say that number is not correct and is much higher than what has been reported. Why?

Because there are so many people out there just like me who had all their progress, stats, cars wiped out due to some kind of game file corruption. So without the ability to load in your saved game data all those miles are now lost.
I had over 200,000 miles logged before my data got wiped out.

Player numbers for this game are pretty relevant to how much funding there is for the next game, and the game after that.

The presentation didn't cover that (so the next article also won't), but I understand there's at least one thing.

Then why doesnt Polyphony fix the penalty system? I hear of a lot of players that quit racing in Sport Mode because the penalty system is currently such a joke but I have not heard of anyone that started playing more because the penalty system is currently so wonderful. One would think that would be a priority to keep people E racing.

Then why doesnt Polyphony fix the penalty system? I hear of a lot of players that quit racing in Sport Mode because the penalty system is currently such a joke but I have not heard of anyone that started playing more because the penalty system is currently so wonderful. One would think that would be a priority to keep people E racing.
I mean, I'm not employed by Polyphony Digital as a community liaison, so I can't speak for what it does and doesn't do. I am though employed by GTPlanet as site editor, so when a (new) user suggests that this is not relevant news I can speak for why it is.

It was a facetious comment implying that it's there to invite players to maximise in-game mileage in the shortest possible time, which is then used to pump up useless PR statistics.

Also only PD knows how many alt accounts there are. Only 5% play in sport mode so it won't have that big of an effect on the total, however a crappy penalty system stimulates growth in accounts, thus it seems the penalty systems is working since more accounts are registered in sport mode!

Sport mode requires Playstation Plus.

That's all I can say for people to consider.

Just one ps+ to race with as many accounts as you like though. Plus anyone else can use your ps+ to race on your primary ps4. My kids have logged into GT Sport as well, that's +2 accounts already, although they never play it.

Back