GT Sport save and restore

• Thread starter Gadgoo1337
  • 5 comments
Poland
Poland
Hi all

I decided to create a new thread in case I couldnt find straight answer on my question.

Accordong to what I've read on several forums it should be able to restore a save (backup for example) and get back all progress from that save.

So I made a test:
1. backed up my save into cloud and usb
2. Ran the game and drove some kilometers and also 1 online race (218 at that point)
3. Then I loaded save which I backed up (with 217 online wins and less kilometers made)
4. Ran the game and my progress hasnt downgraded- it was still with 218 wins and more kms driven.

Anyone knows why?

I ask because i am stuck with 'king of the ovals' trophy (it doesnt pop for me even though i have over 2k miles driven on ovals) and i want to start new game and try to obtain it that way, then load back my main save and get back progress (level, online wins, etc.)

So, has anyone tried to restore any save in that game? What was the result?

My impression is that your actual game progress is saved in the cloud ie. credits, rating, level etc.

However your 248Mb save file with your garage is only local.

Thanks for opinion. Some people say that local save includes also game progress (lv, cr, stats). I am kinda confused so let's hope someone tried restoring and can confirm what was the result.

Hi all

I decided to create a new thread in case I couldnt find straight answer on my question.

Accordong to what I've read on several forums it should be able to restore a save (backup for example) and get back all progress from that save.

So I made a test:
1. backed up my save into cloud and usb
2. Ran the game and drove some kilometers and also 1 online race (218 at that point)
3. Then I loaded save which I backed up (with 217 online wins and less kilometers made)
4. Ran the game and my progress hasnt downgraded- it was still with 218 wins and more kms driven.

Anyone knows why?

I ask because i am stuck with 'king of the ovals' trophy (it doesnt pop for me even though i have over 2k miles driven on ovals) and i want to start new game and try to obtain it that way, then load back my main save and get back progress (level, online wins, etc.)

So, has anyone tried to restore any save in that game? What was the result?
Getting your 'king of the ovals' trophy, Trophies is stored on your Account and not on your save, so I think you can use another save get your Trophy and load back your main save. for example I have been at level 50, but a couple of months ago I have started a new game, I am at level 49 now but on my PS4 it says I already got my level 50 trophy.

Last edited:
I have the same problem... I drove literally 150.000 miles on ovals since the game release. Still no king of the ovals trophy. I did all the things mentioned here, but I will try again... Funny thing is, this problem is not issued for any other trophies.

Back