GT Sport splitscreen - two wheels?

United States
United States
Hi, new here... I tried searching for this and couldn't find an answer. I play splitscreen with my girlfriend and friends and I currently have a T300 with Sparco R383. I wanted to get a T150 for the second-player setup on splitscreen but first I want to confirm GT Sport actually allows two wheels to be used simultaneously. The reasons I suspect it doesn't is because 1) I haven't managed to get the T300 to control the player 2 screen (I wanted to do this because my room layout doesn't allow me to move the rig to the left side of the screen), and 2) In the controller options it shows options for Player 1 and Player 2 wireless controllers, but for the wheels makes no P1/P2 distinction.

So, anyone done two wheels splitscreen?

I think you need two login profiles on your PS4, log into your regular profile with one wheel, then plug in the other wheel and log it into the other PS4 profile, I've not actually tried with two wheels, but I did this to play with one wheel and one controller.

Thanks. I tried this, but no dice... for splitscreen you need two profiles anyway, as PS4 asks each controller to choose a profile. So I tried choosing another profile for the T300 (opened the game with a Dual Shock on my main profile). In the race, the T300 still controlled Player 1 even though the buttons on the T300 were applied to Player 2.

Anyone else have more success? I'm especially curious about experiences with *two* wheels and two players.

i'm planning on trying this out with a T500RS and a G27 in the near future.
Will report back (when I remember to)

i'm planning on trying this out with a T500RS and a G27 in the near future.
Will report back (when I remember to)

Much appreciated! Christmas splurges this year have included a PS4 Pro and a 4K projector... so I think the tech is really there now for pretty strong 2-player splitscreen. Hoping the controller support is there too!

Im guessing you need to take the controller out of the equation, hold down PS button and go to devices, switch off device - switch off controller.
So the game knows you only have two wheels connected.
You might still need to go into the in game settings and choose wheel for each player. But I would think the game should know what you intend.

AWESOME!!! THANKS!

I've got my T300 RS... thinking a T150 for Player 2 would do the trick.

On a PS4 Pro with a 4K projector and 120" screen that means each player gets a 60" 1080P screen, not bad!

Hello

New to the forums...

How were you able to get this working ?

I have 2 G29s on my PS4 pro .

The console will only recognize one wheel at a time , I can only play with the controller and a wheel.

I see you were able to correct this without using another account .

Thanks in advance

Hello

New to the forums...

How were you able to get this working ?

I have 2 G29s on my PS4 pro .

The console will only recognize one wheel at a time , I can only play with the controller and a wheel.

I see you were able to correct this without using another account .

Thanks in advance
Can you use the G29 for player 2?

I have tested with only 2 wheels connected, dont know if it works when you use a normal controller + 2 wheels. Just try it:) pc2 = pcars2? I think this game dont have a 2player splitscreen mode:)

Hi, new here... I tried searching for this and couldn't find an answer. I play splitscreen with my girlfriend and friends and I currently have a T300 with Sparco R383. I wanted to get a T150 for the second-player setup on splitscreen but first I want to confirm GT Sport actually allows two wheels to be used simultaneously. The reasons I suspect it doesn't is because 1) I haven't managed to get the T300 to control the player 2 screen (I wanted to do this because my room layout doesn't allow me to move the rig to the left side of the screen), and 2) In the controller options it shows options for Player 1 and Player 2 wireless controllers, but for the wheels makes no P1/P2 distinction.

Yup. Im using my T300 for player 1 and my T80 for player 2 on Nascar heat 3. Split screen.
To use the T80 you must make it think it is a controller. To do this plug it in to your ps4.
Turn on the ps4. Note the led on the wheel. If it is steady u must change to flashing.
To do this press the ps button and hold while unplugging from usb port.
Release ps button and re plug.
Led should b flashing. It now thinks its a controller. Ready to use for 2nd player, split screen. Wheel and pedals have full and separate control vs player 1 wheel.
Its awesome.
Tommy boy

Yup. Im using my T300 for player 1 and my T80 for player 2 on Nascar heat 3. Split screen.
To use the T80 you must make it think it is a controller. To do this plug it in to your ps4.
Turn on the ps4. Note the led on the wheel. If it is steady u must change to flashing.
To do this press the ps button and hold while unplugging from usb port.
Release ps button and re plug.
Led should b flashing. It now thinks its a controller. Ready to use for 2nd player, split screen. Wheel and pedals have full and separate control vs player 1 wheel.
Its awesome.
Tommy boy

Hi, i’m really confuse how to play 2 player in GTS PS4? it have to play online right? and what step do I need to do? Do I need to start the party in PS4 and invite the P2? or how? Please help. I’m really desperate, I already tried it for 2 hours and still can’t figured it out. I’m using the dual shock controller.. Thanks..

Hi, i’m really confuse how to play 2 player in GTS PS4? it have to play online right?
No, two-player split-screen is an option in the game's Arcade Mode. It requires two accounts on the one console. You simply hit the PS button on a second controller, choose which other account on the console will be using that controller, and then you can play in split-screen.
Do I need to start the party in PS4 and invite the P2? or how? Please help. I’m really desperate, I already tried it for 2 hours and still can’t figured it out.
If you're trying to play full screen, privately online as a party of two, you'll need to set up a lobby (in "Lobby") as "Friends Only".

When it has created the room, anyone on your PSN Friends list can join, so the other user merely has to select "Show Only Rooms With Friends" - your lobby will show up. Alternatively the lobby will have a 24-digit ID which you can give to the other player. They can then search for that code and join.

9B419587-C2AE-4EAA-86C0-D67E290EA72A.jpeg
9142FECC-1369-426F-96E7-DCFFD900E075.jpeg
No, two-player split-screen is an option in the game's Arcade Mode. It requires two accounts on the one console. You simply hit the PS button on a second controller, choose which other account on the console will be using that controller, and then you can play in split-screen.

If you're trying to play full screen, privately online as a party of two, you'll need to set up a lobby (in "Lobby") as "Friends Only".

When it has created the room, anyone on your PSN Friends list can join, so the other user merely has to select "Show Only Rooms With Friends" - your lobby will show up. Alternatively the lobby will have a 24-digit ID which you can give to the other player. They can then search for that code and join.
My 1st console and 2nd console already connect to a different account, but when I want to play 2 player split screen, my 2nd console didn’t seem to move... Do you know why? or why is it just me having this trouble?

View attachment 917778 View attachment 917779
My 1st console and 2nd console already connect to a different account, but when I want to play 2 player split screen, my 2nd console didn’t seem to move... Do you know why? or why is it just me having this trouble?
Do you mean "controller"?

Turn the controllers off (hold the PS button, Devices, Turn Off Device, DUALSHOCK 4). Wake the first controller up and set it to the account that is logged in to GT Sport. Then wake the second controller up and set it to the second player account.

Do you mean "controller"?

Turn the controllers off (hold the PS button, Devices, Turn Off Device, DUALSHOCK 4). Wake the first controller up and set it to the account that is logged in to GT Sport. Then wake the second controller up and set it to the second player account.
Oh yeah, I mean controller, sorry.

I tried and follow the instructions like you just said, but still can’t.. I tried to switch the controller (1st —> 2nd, and 2nd —> 1st), but still when I wake the second controller, this 2nd one didn’t move. I tried in FIFA20, it works.. but I can’t make it works in gt sport.. Do you have any idea why?

Old thread - I know ... But I was in the process of setting up a PS4 Pro with two G29 wheels for my two grandsons to race against each other on, and then of course hit the snag that only one wheel could be used at a time. Humongous and unforeseen bummer. Makes no sense and yada yada ... Plenty have complained about it here already, so no need or me to repeat all that.

BUT all I wanted really was a rally game for them to race in, and hearing about GT Sport here was worth trying, and it just works. Don't know if there's been an update that made it unnecessary to do the whole Wheel 1 in - PS button - Start game - enter split screen - Wheel two in routine, but now I just have the two wheels permanently connected, and it works flawlessly!

Thanks for the tip!! It made the whole deal not a waste of money. <3

ght still need to go into the in
Old thread - I know ... But I was in the process of setting up a PS4 Pro with two G29 wheels for my two grandsons to race against each other on, and then of course hit the snag that only one wheel could be used at a time. Humongous and unforeseen bummer. Makes no sense and yada yada ... Plenty have complained about it here already, so no need or me to repeat all that.

BUT all I wanted really was a rally game for them to race in, and hearing about GT Sport here was worth trying, and it just works. Don't know if there's been an update that made it unnecessary to do the whole Wheel 1 in - PS button - Start game - enter split screen - Wheel two in routine, but now I just have the two wheels permanently connected, and it works flawlessly!

Thanks for the tip!! It made the whole deal not a waste of money. <3
Hello Bedstefryns I bought 2 G29 wheels and PS5... your GT Sport is digital version? or physical? (play stationt hits or normal) thanks in advance for your answer

Hello Bedstefryns I bought 2 G29 wheels and PS5... your GT Sport is digital version? or physical? (play stationt hits or normal) thanks in advance for your answer
Digital. I bought GTS, F1 22 and Minecraft in the shop on the PS4. (Does that answer your last question?)

Latest Posts

Back