GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.18)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 132 comments
Still no backfires... why PD?

Saw that the new Toyota GR3 has some very little flames in 4k mode.

Edit:

My RSR also has some sort of flames again so they did change something. Its not as much as before but its there!

Last edited:
Saw that the new Toyota GR3 has some very little flames in 4k mode.

Edit:

My RSR also has some sort of flames again so they did change something. Its not as much as before but its there!
There is nothin on RSR...just tested it...
I don't know why PD won't acknowledge this bug and fix it...

The menu screen for each Daily Race now shows "DR Limit" and "SR Restriction" (set to 'none' for today's races).

This suggests that this may be used for the races in the future or possible for the upcoming season start of the FIA championships.

This suggests that this may be used for the races in the future or possible for the upcoming season start of the FIA championships.

Could be a response to people saying they'd prefer half-empty rooms rather than have them padded out with low-rated drivers. So we might see, say, an DR A and S A+, and SR S, race.

I don't see why that couldn't have been a tweak to matchmaking though.

Could be a response to people saying they'd prefer half-empty rooms rather than have them padded out with low-rated drivers. So we might see, say, an DR A and S A+, and SR S, race.

I don't see why that couldn't have been a tweak to matchmaking though.

Could be, I must admit I do cringe a little bit when I end up in a lobby and I'm the only C-rank in there because I still don't have quite
enough experience in driving against other players and always worry about causing incidents.

The game has a photo mode and multiple dedicated segments towards photography. Backfire photos are a big deal, and they look cool in action. Especially at night.
They however almost always look terrible in motion blur shots; same for sparks

Could be, I must admit I do cringe a little bit when I end up in a lobby and I'm the only C-rank in there because I still don't have quite
enough experience in driving against other players and always worry about causing incidents.

Don't be worried. The only way to gain experience is to keep racing. Just don't divebomb, T-Bone or punt others in the race and your good to go. Race Hard, take any opportunity to capitalize on someone's mistakes and don't be afraid to run door to door or bumper to bumper with another racer. The only way to get better is to just do it.

There will incidents along the way and when those happen make sure you give them their spot back and say your sorry.
I would much rather be involved in a accident with someone trying to better themselves vs someone who just doesn't care and causes chaos on purpose.

There is nothin on RSR...just tested it...
I don't know why PD won't acknowledge this bug and fix it...

Its there with down shift. But its not big and not every downshift. So you need to look very good.

Don't be worried. The only way to gain experience is to keep racing. Just don't divebomb, T-Bone or punt others in the race and your good to go. Race Hard, take any opportunity to capitalize on someone's mistakes and don't be afraid to run door to door or bumper to bumper with another racer. The only way to get better is to just do it.

There will incidents along the way and when those happen make sure you give them their spot back and say your sorry.
I would much rather be involved in a accident with someone trying to better themselves vs someone who just doesn't care and causes chaos on purpose.

Thank you for the advice, I will keep that in mind for when I go racing from now on.

OT I've noticed a change in game with the discover feature which possibly got added last update but never noticed but it seems they increased
the page numbers for liveries due to the large numbers uploaded.

Previously liveries were up to 999 entries but it looks as though you can view any number published in the period now as when I just checked
anime/itasha liveries it let me see up to 1200.

What is the "star player" system and why erased "S" DR?
The menu screen for each Daily Race now shows "DR Limit" and "SR Restriction" (set to 'none' for today's races).

Ups... i see what s comming next...

1st divison only races.. and the rest for the common people... joined with races for those who try to do the right thing... and race for those who don t care about it...

Ups... i see what s comming next...

1st divison only races.. and the rest for the common people... joined with races for those who try to do the right thing... and race for those who don t care about it...

TBH if there was an A+ race and I somehow manage to get the 2000 more points I need to become A+, I'm not sure I'd enter. I'd know I probably wouldn't finish well :(

I swear these have always been there in the race details section, even in Daily Races (set to none). Only the top 24 races utilise it (DR A/SR S).

Could be me, but have they added new fictional brand decals in the livery editor? I rarely use the fictional brands but I noticed the “Harman Logistics” brand on the new Dragon Trail Gardens track and it’s in the livery editor too :)

Good stuff right here! ^^^

The bits of rubber that fly off the tyres lie outside the racing line more and more as you race

Hell, if it improves grip like real life, simply awesone. Anyone noticed that?

Edit: I mean the rubber laid on the racing line, not the rubber bead.

Now car like RCF'17, Evo GR3 who doesn't have numberplate in hood now they have.
Just *want that thing is moveable *hope PD can make it

Could be me, but have they added new fictional brand decals in the livery editor? I rarely use the fictional brands but I noticed the “Harman Logistics” brand on the new Dragon Trail Gardens track and it’s in the livery editor too :)

That's already appear from start, I just notice HKS on brand decals

Last edited:
I think they reduced the delay of the driver model turning the wheel in cockpit view. It seems much more directly in sync with steering input now, at least on pad.
Nope. Still slow. I was one of the most critical about this change when the cockpit view steering got so slow and detached on patch 1.06 and, even after this latest one, nothing was improved.

Nope. Still slow. I was one of the most critical about this change when the cockpit view steering got so slow and detached on patch 1.06 and, even after this latest one, nothing was improved.

I don't know, it definitely feels more responsive to me now. In the 458 Gr.3 on pad, the steering wheel snaps back immediately when letting go of the stick, and there's no lag when turning. It's more of a 1:1 movement as I push the stick. Maybe you have a more critical eye for this than I do, but it feels much better to me. Could also be because I have my steering sensitivity set to 5.

When you select delete on a replay in your library it now tells you how much space is available and how much will be left once deleted.
Also in top right corner of your library it shows how much space is remaining.
I think thats quite helpful, thumbs up for that one.

Last edited:
Admittedly I only did 1 lap before I had to attend to some pesky kids but has the wall at the bottom of the hill at dragons trail been brought closer to the race track?

Its there with down shift. But its not big and not every downshift. So you need to look very good.
Maybe but that sucks...just bring it back the way it was before and add some on powerful street cars too...

Back