GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.36/1.37)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 66 comments
The Menu Background Music (Menu BGM) glitch where it plays sequentially from start according to the playlist instead of playing the music randomly....

...has been fixed.

EDIT: False Alarm after restarting the game

EDIT 2: See update post.
So to recap this after further play...

It turns out that if you have connection issues or disconnected from the server, it somehow fixes said issue.

PD what the actual hell?

So to recap this after further play...

It turns out that if you have connection issues or disconnected from the server, it somehow fixes said issue.

PD what the actual hell?
I have mentioned the similar thing in the 1.35 Undocumented Changes Thread.
Yep, the first music varies with your connection.

The track limit penalties seem to be more easily achieved then before the update, at least in the sport mode races.

The P1 GTR rear wing no longer moves up and down. Noticed it this morning.

I'm happy that they now have a battery meter for the hybrid cars (eg. LaFerrari, Porsche 919) the fact is that's harder to read than the one in GT6.

The GT6 one looked good and the animations were solid and you could instantly see if the power was going in or out.

In GT Sport the flash red or green triangle is infuriatingly distracting when you're in race mode.

They change the error of the logo "manufacturers series 2018" to "manufacturer series 2019".

Before
0:40

Now
23:33

The Dino and the Stratos have been added to the AI in Amateur League Nostalgic Car Series.

The battery symbol has been added in place of the gas pump symbol but I was unable to get it to deplete in custom races even though you can select a fuel consumption rate. While not a battery consumption rate, it would seem like they are moving in that direction. If I recall, You couldn't even select a fuel consumption rate at all with EV's. Tested with BMW i3.

Player tags above the car in replay can be disabled by pausing and going into the camera (as if you're going to take a photo) then coming out straight away. Seems to only work right at the start of the replay before race commences. I usually have to use usb keyboard to disable them.

I'm afraid this is a bit vague, but maybe someone else has more specific evidence: there seems to have been a change to grip/tyre model in 1.37.

In the Pro League La Sarthe Nostalgia race, my 330 P4 doesn't have the same levels of grip as it did on Wednesday. To the extent that the pre-start auto drive ploughs well into the gravel coming onto the start/finish straight. I've also noticed I'm having to brake earlier for corners. I've only gone back to doing this race in the last couple of weeks and had noticed how much later I could brake since 1.36, but this now seems to have been reverted.

I'm afraid this is a bit vague, but maybe someone else has more specific evidence: there seems to have been a change to grip/tyre model in 1.37.

In the Pro League La Sarthe Nostalgia race, my 330 P4 doesn't have the same levels of grip as it did on Wednesday. To the extent that the pre-start auto drive ploughs well into the gravel coming onto the start/finish straight. I've also noticed I'm having to brake earlier for corners. I've only gone back to doing this race in the last couple of weeks and had noticed how much later I could brake since 1.36, but this now seems to have been reverted.

Not sure if it's related, but I only noticed recently that I also had to increase my braking distance (could've been in effect since v1.34 or even earlier).
I use Fanatec ClubSport V1 pedals and noticed that with the CSL-E's 'ABS' vibration function set to 50%, the brake pedal motor starts to rumble when the in-game brake bar indicator is only at about 35% (e.g. I ask for 50%-100% brakes, but the game is only giving me about 35%-75%).
I can reach 100% in-game braking, but I have to put in a lot more effort to do so (maybe 130% of my normal brake pedal force). This is similar to when the CSL-E finally had official game support, but I couldn't use the PS4 mode until a few game version updates later because the required amount of brake pedal force to reach 100% braking in-game was ridiculous (almost twice compared to running the CSL-E in Logitech/compatibility mode at the time).
Unfortunately the ClubSport V1 pedals don't have the ability to use the 'BRF' (brake force) feature of the CSL-E wheels to scale the braking signal. So to overcome this I've had to increase the pedal installation ratio to compensate for the increased force required at the load cell while maintaining a similar brake feel as I've already maxed out the sensitivity potentiometer/adjuster.

Last edited:
It seems that the problem some players experienced whereby navigation with the DS4 stick to enter FIA races which took them to daily races instead is now resolved.

The wheel weights of the R32 GT-R had been removed in 1.36.
It had been there for 12 years...

@emula, would you upload the comparison shots if you don't mind, please?

Last edited:
I looks like the system to detect you are not driving has been modified to avoid grant us credits following a wall ride endurence race on Northern Isle. I didn't test on BMB.

The wheel weights of the R32 GT-R had been removed in 1.36.
It had been there for 12 years...

@emula, would you upload the comparison shots if you don't mind, please?

Before
20190409120326fykz4.jpg

After
20190409120327spkjt.jpg

Before
20190409115959mpj1v.jpg

After
201904091203207ukat.jpg

Back