GT Sport Undocumented Changes Thread (1.45/1.46)

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 69 comments
View attachment 854255 View attachment 854256 View attachment 854278 Seems I was lying about PD altering the lighting in tokyo. They did something worst , remove the actual lights . Visual downgrades exist folks. Take note of the door , prior to the update there was 12 more lights ( 6 per side) post update there are now 12 all together. Pd halfed the amount of light sources in the tunnels . On the large tunnel with overpases the lights dont emit cones of light at all.. Take my word for it ..or just look at the pictures.
Oh and it gets worst... They removed the drain's on tokyo too.. Wooops.. Guess they wanted the track to flood for the rain..
View attachment 854255 View attachment 854256
Oh look, a previously banned member. Who'd have thought it?

View attachment 854255 View attachment 854256 View attachment 854278 Seems I was lying about PD altering the lighting in tokyo. They did something worst , remove the actual lights . Visual downgrades exist folks. Take note of the door , prior to the update there was 12 more lights ( 6 per side) post update there are now 12 all together. Pd halfed the amount of light sources in the tunnels . On the large tunnel with overpases the lights dont emit cones of light at all.. Take my word for it ..or just look at the pictures.
Oh and it gets worst... They removed the drain's on tokyo too.. Wooops.. Guess they wanted the track to flood for the rain..
Aside from the cryptic stuff, this was trolling?

Are you on a base ps4 or ps4 pro ???

Rejoice! I tested both cars (Levin and Trueno) and the chime is still there. It's a bit faint but you can still hear it, this happened to me before, the chime sound got so low that i thought it was gone, the next time i have picked the car it got back to normal

I could not hear it at all through my TV. After reading your post I put on my headphones and noticed your right it's still there but it's very faint and definitely not at the annoying level it once was. Like I said it took headphones for me to hear it now.

Recently when running laps the game doesn't make that sound (ding) when crossing a check point. Maybe once out 5 laps or so. I could just be missing it over other noises or something.

The new rain conditions at Tokyo are a MASSIVE upgrade, not a downgrade for sure

20190929005320tojwa.jpg
20190929005328rujy3.jpg

Last edited:
While I don't agree with CrypticMSNGR's passive-aggressive handling of things, I do appreciate his attention to detail.

I don't. Same with the member here who posts a car rolling over after each update, as if to somehow show that the game is horrible. Flawed, yeah, but GET OVER IT. Do these people do this with every game they own? I seriously doubt it.

If you spend your time poking around the game just to prove some minor-or even major-point about what's wrong you have GTOCD (Gran Turismo Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and should really just move on.

The game is OLD, on an OLD system. And yet people still pull out these random arguments or even relentlessly compare it to games that most people play on their PC for far more money (PCARS for example...people love to compare but never state if they are comparing GT vs a PC sim or the much more compromised version they play on the PS4). So what if they had to downgrade some stuff to give us other stuff! That's how it works sometimes.

I don't. Same with the member here who posts a car rolling over after each update, as if to somehow show that the game is horrible. Flawed, yeah, but GET OVER IT. Do these people do this with every game they own? I seriously doubt it.

If you spend your time poking around the game just to prove some minor-or even major-point about what's wrong you have GTOCD (Gran Turismo Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and should really just move on.

The game is OLD, on an OLD system. And yet people still pull out these random arguments or even relentlessly compare it to games that most people play on their PC for far more money (PCARS for example...people love to compare but never state if they are comparing GT vs a PC sim or the much more compromised version they play on the PS4). So what if they had to downgrade some stuff to give us other stuff! That's how it works sometimes.

Exactly. Spoiled kids think that console hardware gets updated and becomes more powerful every year, the same as PCs. Sorry (not sorry), but you would actually have to be dumb to think that way. The PS4 is 7yr-old hardware, which is obviously outdated yet is still able to run a game like GT Sport. Software development always, ALWAYS involves compromises because of hardware limitations.

Exactly. Spoiled kids think that console hardware gets updated and becomes more powerful every year, the same as PCs. Sorry (not sorry), but you would actually have to be dumb to think that way. The PS4 is 7yr-old hardware, which is obviously outdated yet is still able to run a game like GT Sport. Software development always, ALWAYS involves compromises because of hardware limitations.

That's not even where I was going with my original post. I'm guessing there's some misdirected anger meant more for the member I referenced than for me. All I did was acknowledge all of the stuff he pointed out that folks such as myself didn't notice before (I didn't agree with how he went about it, though). And I don't think there's a shortage of people on GTP with that kind of attention to detail.

I'm just gonna say this:

While I'm not against pointing out things wrong, I repeatidly put in the OP that Bugs or things that negatively alter the game DO NOT belong here in this thread (Because said thread exists). So mister Passive aggressive guy here (who claims to have contacted "Several GTP members", yet none of them include the Thread poster.) , while he did point out some details previously not noticed, has only posted everything supposedly "Wrong" with the Undocumented changes and nothing that fixed previous issues.

I'd like to request that nobody repeats his nonsense please.

Also, currently getting around to adding the undocumented changes now that I have some free time.

Edit: Changes posted

Last edited:
That's not even where I was going with my original post. I'm guessing there's some misdirected anger meant more for the member I referenced than for me. All I did was acknowledge all of the stuff he pointed out that folks such as myself didn't notice before (I didn't agree with how he went about it, though). And I don't think there's a shortage of people on GTP with that kind of attention to detail.

Maybe it's because I've been playing console games since they were first introduced but I'm just amazed at how far everything has progressed over the years.
With that being said I just don't look at those kinds of details like 2D or 3D trees. I honestly could care less because both look amazingly good but that's just me and obviously other people disagree.

I have my own list of things that I've noticed over my time playing GTS or things I feel need some necessary attention to this game as I'm sure we all do. But small graphic details are not among them.

I'm actually impressed that people spend the time finding this stuff even if it doesn't really effect anything overall.
I can see why they would take things out or downgrade a track because of the rain. I have framerate issues with the rain everytime I play on those settings.
So it would have probably of been much worse without those changes.

I'm actually impressed that people spend the time finding this stuff even if it doesn't really effect anything overall.

That's sort of a given with sites like this. I also frequent a sports logos and uniforms forum and it's not uncommon for people to scrutinize details that are often overlooked. I don't see a problem with that, especially when there's a dedicated following to curating such information. What might be trivial to some is significant to others.

I'm not sure if this is a conscious/recent/new change or not, since I never noticed it before this update. On Tokyo East, South and Central now, where the roads are elevated/bridged, driving over the road section joints at speed now gives a more accurate and noticeable rhythmic thump/judder (audible and force feedback) closer to real life (reminds me of the old Forth Road Bridge). I haven't tried to see if this is the case on other tracks with joined sections of elevated road (i.e. any bridges elsewhere). Perhaps it was always there but it's definitely more noticeable since the rain update.

Edit* removed discussion of a possible wet/dark lighting bug/visual engine prioritisation issue because this isn't a home of bugs =D

Last edited:
We don't know what the difference is between a bug and an intended undocumented change. Whether it's positive or negative taking away one thing to add another seems like a fair tactic if that's how you need to get work done.

Well, I play both pCARS 1 & GTS on a PS4 Pro, and I can honestly say that the FFB on GTS has gotten worse over the past 8 months to the point of it now being 'numb' with very little tyre/wheel FFB information compared to pCARS 1.

Its my idea or they have changed the Falken banners in the last corner before the long straight in Bathurst??

Last edited:
Thread title and first post has been edited to reflect update 1.46 (AKA, the update that never brings huge content right after the previous one).

You know the drill:

Reminder: Any Physics changes or bugs belong in the appropriate threads mentioned in the OP, not here. The same goes for complaints of whatever negative effects have arrived with the update or any complaints about what wasn't fixed in the Update.

Now you may post.

The volume of the spray when running behind another car has been adjusted hugely in 1.46

Previously it felt like being under Niagara Falls when close behind another car. Now it sounds just right and you can actually hear your own engine

That's great to hear. The waterfall comparison definitely wasn't inaccurate. It was very grating.

Back