GT Sport Update 1.16 Arrives

• Thread starter DJShadesUK
  • 398 comments
Yeah I was surprised when I saw the size - thought it might be one of those times where the PS4 displays a bigger file size for the update but it isn't actually that big. Wow. Can't wait to see what's inside!

EDIT: Although like @DJShadesUK mentioned, some games have to update in huge file sizes on PS4. So it could be just that.

We probably got a 64K HDR3 compatible mode in replays.
:D

The increase in required HDD space should be minimal as all updates seem to be downloading again.

One thing I wish PD would do is allow us to press the track pad and return to the main menu like DriveClub did. The UI is deeply layered and can to slow to go back through.

Last edited:
Patch notes, translated from the Japanese language site.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gtsport/news/00_5936023.html

"Also, patch distribution on PS 4 uses SIE's differential patch distribution service, but depending on the installation situation of the user, there are two cases of when downloading is 103 MB as a difference and when all patches are re-downloaded We have confirmed that it is occurring."

LOL sure PD. Anyone get that 103MB patch here?

Glad to see the sound bug is fixed at least.

I had rented the game for a few days when it came out. So I just bought the game, put it in and downloaded and installed 1.15. Took an hour. Started it up for some good racing, FIVE minutes before this new update kicked off. Ouch. For me it weighs 19.363 GB

lol... it seems like everyone no matter when you purchased the game is getting 24gb.

You may argue that someone who bought it last week and had a big 20Gb main update to 1.14 and then incremetal would be in better shape but no... that's no happening.

"LOL sure PD. Anyone get that 103MB patch here?
That doesn't mean what you think it means. Depending on your system (which model/revision PS4), and probably how you purchased the game (disc or digital), the download size will vary by 103mb.

That doesn't mean what you think it means. Depending on your system (which model/revision PS4), and probably how you purchased the game (disc or digital), the download size will vary by 103mb.

Not the way I read it, but the google translate doesn't make it very good English. Anyway there doesn't seem to be any content updates or car model fixes, so it shouldn't really be more than a 100MB patch given they shouldn't need to touch asset files. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol... it seems like everyone no matter when you purchased the game is getting 24gb.

You may argue that someone who bought it last week and had a big 20Gb main update to 1.14 and then incremetal would be in better shape but no... that's no happening.

This indicates that there was something pretty fundamentally wrong somewhere and they could no longer patch patches of patches of patches. PD have gone for the "nuclear" option and just given everyone a fresh, rolled-up, reinstall of all the updates (including, obviously, the latest bug fixes).

Not the way I read it

You're reading it wrong. You need to read it in Google Translate Engrish. :lol:

Also, patch distribution on PS 4 uses SIE's differential patch distribution service, but depending on the installation situation of the user, there are two cases of when downloading is 103 MB as a difference and when all patches are re-downloaded We have confirmed that it is occurring.

"103 MB as a difference"

Key word: Difference.

Anyway there doesn't seem to be any content updates or car model fixes, so it shouldn't really be more than a 100MB patch given they shouldn't need to touch asset files. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
See my last message (above this one).

Last edited:
Don't get to excited. Apart from some bug fixes there is nothing new that we didn't get up to and including 1.15.

PD have taken the "nuclear" option and nuked all the previous updates and replaced them all with this one big one.
Yep, edited my post after I saw what you mentioned. 👍

Think i`ll wait for the update disc to be sent out in the post:drool:, 24 gig!!!!! about 17 hours of downloading, no thank you, i dont even try and get full game downloads smaller than that...

Not getting any menu music.
You haven't got your music set to Transmission Mode, have you? You can check in the sound settings. It's to avoid copyright claims on your streams and videos, they say it disables music which will cause them but from what I've found it disables every song in the game. Had to make my own custom YouTube playlist for my stream. :D

We probably got a 64K HDR3 compatible mode in replays.
:D

The increase in required HDD space should be minimal as all updates seem to be downloading again.

One thing I wish PD would do is allow us to press the track pad and return to the main menu like DriveClub did. The UI is deeply layered and can to slow to go back through.

No. I had message saying I didn't have enough space as I ONLY had 34gb free! Although thinking about it I might have got away with it if I deleted the install files and reinstalled the game.

Frankly , this better be necessary because it's ridiculous forcing you to delete 2 games to install ****ing bug fixes!

That's an obvious joke :lol: For some people that'd still be faster than downloading 24GBs I guess :D
It would be cool if you could do that! Even if it cost a few £/$ for the disc/postage. My biggest fear of games today is what if I need to reinstall an old game on an old system (like PS3) and the updates are no longer available? Thats the advantage of older, pre-internet connectivity, consoles... you can play the games as intended forever (or as long as the console lives), they were generally tested properly (or at least what bugs remained weren't show-stoppers) and we weren't treated as unpaid perpetual beta testers. Then again, you didn't get updated/new content either so its all swings and roundabouts I guess.

Back