GT Sport Update 1.52 Arrives, Fixes New Player "Garage Full" Bug

• Thread starter symaski62
  • 86 comments
painfully slow installing this update here also.. at 30 mins or so and still only 70% zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
tumbleweed.gif

:D:tup:

That's not true. The cars need to be synchronized. Of course, if driving side by side, or close behind each other, everyone seeks his own path, or brakes a bit earlier, or a bit later - and of course this affects each other. Cars aren't necessarily where we see them on track, a car might be bumped by another eventhough each driver left space... and that's exactly where online physics act different to offline physics. Offline, the game exactly knows what happens to your car in real time. Online, however, it's awaiting response from all connected players.
But there is truly some form strange behavior in the game. Online physics differ from offline, that's for sure. But online also differs from online.
ie: if you create a online lobby with the excact settings as race B for example and you drive alone, then sometimes the physics are same as with qualifying (where you also are alone). The grip can be very different, which is most notible while braking.

As I said: it's network dependent. I get the best conditions in local swiss lobbies. The fewer foreigners, the better. On the other hand, when I join f.e. a british lobby, I actually lose between 1 and 2 seconds of my true pace.

That's not true. The cars need to be synchronized. Of course, if driving side by side, or close behind each other, everyone seeks his own path, or brakes a bit earlier, or a bit later - and of course this affects each other. Cars aren't necessarily where we see them on track, a car might be bumped by another eventhough each driver left space... and that's exactly where online physics act different to offline physics. Offline, the game exactly knows what happens to your car in real time. Online, however, it's awaiting response from all connected players.
Cars do not affect each other unless they hit each other or under slipstream effect. Latency has nothing to do with your tire grip or driving physics.

All stuff reliated to offline physics vs online physics is placeboo.

Cars do not affect each other unless they hit each other or under slipstream effect. Latency has nothing to do with your tire grip or driving physics.

All stuff reliated to offline physics vs online physics is placeboo.
So, you honestly think PD is developing 2 different physics models for online and offline? You know how ridiculous that sounds?

And even if it wouldn't affect each other, you can't deny the fact that physics differ from lobby to lobby. I know that, doing championship races in different leagues on a weekly basis - where I do practice for each event in private lobbies and offline.

Performance simply isn't the same when joining the event lobby.

Doesn't the grip level differ from daytime to daytime? That's what I thought, because sometimes the quali is on a different time of day and the grip level feels different in the race. I always thought that this is a neat lil feature haha

So, you honestly think PD is developing 2 different physics models for online and offline? You know how ridiculous that sounds?

And even if it wouldn't affect each other, you can't deny the fact that physics differ from lobby to lobby. I know that, doing championship races in different leagues on a weekly basis - where I do practice for each event in private lobbies and offline.

GT5 and GT6 had different physics online and offline so..

They do! Do an arcade timetrial or race, the same settings as with the daily races. Drive some 10 15 laps. Then do some qualifying laps in sport mode. You can't beat your offline times. Same car, same track, same settings, it doesn't matter. It's not that the car, but the griplevel of the track IMO.

There is no difference in physics between online and offline. There is a difference between grip being set to "low" and "real"

Sport mode defaults to "real" for daily races and FIA

Offline and custom lobbies default to "low"

I'm pretty sure this is the difference people are feeling.

Some offline modes like timetrial dont give the option to change grip to real but custom race does(as do lobbies)

Set up a custom race and set it to the same settings as a daily race and the car will drive exactly as it would in sport mode.

I use custom race to prepare for FIA and can replicate laptimes on custom lobbies and actual FIA events

There is no difference in physics between online and offline. There is a difference between grip being set to "low" and "real"
There is no option for that. What you mean is gripreduction near the track, so when you go off track. There is no setting for grip in general.

That's the PS4's filesystem. It's not game specific.
You know... the last GT update didn't notify me that there's not enough HDD space on my console. I was really surprised and thought that the update procedure has changed.
This update notified me that there's not enough space, so I had to delete a couple of games.

Anyone have an idea when the next update will be? With cars obviously..not just bug fixes

Hope it is a sweet car update :cheers:

Anyone have an idea when the next update will be? With cars obviously..not just bug fixes

Hope it is a sweet car update :cheers:
Someone pointed out that it might be around the 4th week of the month, maybe after Christmas.

painfully slow installing this update here also.. at 30 mins or so and still only 70% zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
tumbleweed.gif

:D:tup:
I totally agree,not so much downloading the update but the copying takes forever for me.On a sidenote for comparrison,just downloaded the latest gta 5 update at 3.5gb,took 10 mins to download then about 2 mins to copy,cant understand why gt sport takes longer to copy than to download!lol

I totally agree,not so much downloading the update but the copying takes forever for me.On a sidenote for comparrison,just downloaded the latest gta 5 update at 3.5gb,took 10 mins to download then about 2 mins to copy,cant understand why gt sport takes longer to copy than to download!lol
Even if your system has SSD? Poor thing.

I dont understsnd the poor thing comment,i also dont have an ssd.Sorry if my post offended you.
I mean what your console has as a drive, if it has Solid State Drive to be specific. It should allow faster transfer of files compared to a traditional hard drive. That's why I was wondering if this case for the GT Sport is only isolated when it comes to the copying of updates.

I mean what your console has as a drive, if it has Solid State Drive to be specific. It should allow faster transfer of files compared to a traditional hard drive. That's why I was wondering if this case for the GT Sport is only isolated when it comes to the copying of updates.
If i was offish with you,not intended,i really shouldnt reply to posts while trying to work!.I dont have an ssd just a regular 2tb drive,i dont understand why one game takes longer than another to apply/copy an update of similar size.
Who knows why the ps4 does it this way,my xbone just downloads the update and your away,no copying as far as i know.👍

If i was offish with you,not intended,i really shouldnt reply to posts while trying to work!.I dont have an ssd just a regular 2tb drive,i dont understand why one game takes longer than another to apply/copy an update of similar size.
Who knows why the ps4 does it this way,my xbone just downloads the update and your away,no copying as far as i know.👍
Okay, nothing to worry about buddy. What matters most is I get your point and you get mine's, too. By the way, I think copying the updates is really a main issue in GT Sport since then.

Back