GT Sport vs GT6: Comparison Thread

Yeah, and before anybody gets the idea that these game are more or less the same... no, they are not. Last time i played GT6 i noticed bad tearing, dropping frame rates and rough edges everywhere. GT Sport not only has a far superior lightning engine, it also runs very smooth, with a clear and crisp 4K image.

Yeah, and before anybody gets the idea that these game are more or less the same... no, they are not. Last time i played GT6 i noticed bad tearing, dropping frame rates and rough edges everywhere. GT Sport not only has a far superior lightning engine, it also runs very smooth, with a clear and crisp 4K image.

But you must understand that people are disappointed by what we have seen so far. This comparison shows a 4 year old game on last-gen compared to a game which has been developed for 4 years+ by a rather large studio which has been involved in the Design of the PS4 itself. There is improvement of course, but it is far below what was expected by some people, judging from what I've read here in the last few weeks and from playing the Beta.

Last edited:
But you must understand that people are disappointed by what we have seen so far..

I respect those opinions. I simply wanted to comment about those improvements because some might overlook it. Me personally, i am really happy with the way GT Sport looks. I played a lot AC in the last couple of months. Seeing all the details and high resolution in GT Sport was impressive. The real comparsion will follow when Forza 7 and pCars 2 come out, of course.

Writer kinda stumbles between saying GT6 has issues while trying to also say GT6 looks great.

I think it's definitely the first time I can recall someone had to use a video to show a GT game on a newer console was visually improved from the previous console.

Well Gran Turismo 6 did have dynamic lighting which probably pushed the hardware to the max. Since the lighting is now static, they can now polish it and maintain that smooth 60fps.

I actually fired GT6 up last night for the first time in years. It looks woeful compared to anything of recent times.

Writer kinda stumbles between saying GT6 has issues while trying to also say GT6 looks great.

I think it's definitely the first time I can recall someone had to use a video to show a GT game on a newer console was visually improved from the previous console.
Well, all I really said was that it looks impressive still for a previous generation game but GT Sport is comfortably better. It would be inaccurate to suggest GT6 only has issues and no good qualities. 👍

Well, all I really said was that it looks impressive still for a previous generation game but GT Sport is comfortably better. It would be inaccurate to suggest GT6 only has issues and no good qualities. 👍
Well early on it says GT6 doesn't hold up well to it's successor, and at the end it still looks impressive.
I suppose the first comment may be strictly in terms of shadowing.

Just seems like a bad omen if the differences need pointed at is all I'm saying.

I didn't notice that the times are different. GTSport counts too fast, or GT6 counts too slow based on which you think is correct.

GT6 was pretty much the limit of what the PS3 could handle. PD may have went a little too far with it since it ended up dropping frames badly, especially on tracks like Twin Ring Motegi. Play it at night and see what I mean. It was pretty bad.

The comments sections in these videos are full of people who still think that GT Sport sounds like a vacuum. Can they not hear how much better it sounds? The Genesis and Evoras both now sound like a proper V6 instead of some quiet underpowered 4 cylinder. The actual exhaust notes are better than Forza's at times (since it's not exaggerated).

Still, the gear changing sounds about the same as it did in GT5 and GT6, which is a shame. Too synthetic sounding with no real noise between gears. Oh well. Maybe it'll be fixed later.

PD will never live down canceling the day/night changes and weather. That despite the vacuum cleaner sound track makes GT6 better. They need to un-screw that aspect of the game ASAP. What the 🤬 were they thinking?:odd:

GT6 was pretty much the limit of what the PS3 could handle. PD may have went a little too far with it since it ended up dropping frames badly, especially on tracks like Twin Ring Motegi. Play it at night and see what I mean. It was pretty bad.
First of all, welcome! And don't double post. Use the multi-quote (+ quote) button. It's your friend.

The PS3 made it extremely difficult for PD to compartmentalize with efficiency. Period. And Ken Kutaragi. But wow, PS3. It's just amazing. Half a GB. What.

For me to be honest and im sure some people here will get hurt but what ive noticed and what ive experienced in both GT6 and the Beta are basically the same except for the updated graphics which is supposed to be since were using PS4 now. But as for the driving physics it is more or less the same.

To sum it up my take on this is GT Sport Beta up to this date is an updated version of GT6 on PS4.

I loaded GT6 for the first time in a while last evening. I used an Audi R8 LMS around Brands Hatch Indy in single player time attack.

I noticed it wasn't 60 fps in cockpit mode instantly. It was on first person and roof cam. Can't remember noticing that before. I won't be loading it again. There's no going back. Funny how I can go back to GT3 and 4 though.

I find quite a difference in GTS. It's more than frame rates as well.

On my cell phone right now without sound, it's kinda a hard comparison since the sky looks like the middle of the day in the GTS and it's basically night for most of the GT6 footage.

-The GTS interior is stupidly dark and is seriously annoying. It's nearly driving on an unlit road at night dark.
-Also the lack of headlights is noticeable and irriating.
-Grass and trees look the same.

I'll have to watch it on my TV later, but from watching it on my cell it looks like a sorta improved GT6.

Not that that's a bad thing, people were making GT6vsFM5 threads back in the day for a reason.

I loaded GT6 for the first time in a while last evening. I used an Audi R8 LMS around Brands Hatch Indy in single player time attack.

I noticed it wasn't 60 fps in cockpit mode instantly. It was on first person and roof cam. Can't remember noticing that before. I won't be loading it again. There's no going back. Funny how I can go back to GT3 and 4 though.

I find quite a difference in GTS. It's more than frame rates as well.
When I read posts like this 💡, I think of all the discussions on GTP that revolve around different game elements where one person is saying, "Oh I didn't notice that and I don't care", and someone else says, "Are you insane, how can you not notice? I can't stop thinking about it the entire time I'm playing". You've just experienced one of those moments, where you finally noticed something you never noticed before, which was a big issue for a lot of people with GT5 and GT6.

I fired up GT6 a few weeks ago to see how different, if at all, it was from GTS Beta. The car I was driving in GT6 was the Ferrari SP-1 at Circuito de la Sierra. I was blown away.

First my old TV is not full HD, let alone 4K. I run it at 720p. But wow, graphics looked terrible, sounds way off and the physics a huge step down. The Ferrari was fully tuned and set for the Nürburgring, and wore Racing Softs all around but I had to keep checking cuz it was so slippery and squealed like old tires.

IMHO, and from what I've tried in the Beta, GTS needs to uncook the engine notes a bit more, tone down the tranny whine, lights inside the cockpit, lights on the track and add more details to the tarmac.

GT6: 1080P @30Hz (renders at 1440 x 1080)

While

GTSport (beta): 1080P @60Hz (Native) & 2160P @60 Hz (3840x2160p re-rendering?)

Now that PD has what seems to be enough beta testers, I'm going reset my rig back to the PS3/G27/GT6 combo and move my PS4 back to our living room where I can play other PS4 titles on our 58" TV.

Honestly getting kind of bored with the beta and miss driving a variery of tracks/cars and using the GT6 course creator while it lasts. I'll still likely check on the beta but won't have a wheel.

It sounds better than GT6.

I also want to add this comparison too.

That shifter noise is a good addition in GTSport.

Last edited:
Back