GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
I can still see enough detail in those dark spots. Like i said, you may check your monitor.
Sorry, I don't believe you. "Enough detail" isn't the standard, reality is the standard, something you keep avoiding in each of your answers. I've never seen reality look that dark in the middle of the day, not even in the deepest of Canadian forests.

Eacha="emula, post: 12038987, member: 140644"]contrast in GTS looks perfect, forza is too washed out

real photos

[/QUOTE]
I can still see enough detail in those dark spots. Like i said, you may check your monitor.

HT_village_house_4.jpg

Oh, and is this photo too unrealistic too with all those dark blobs?
Hmm, which camera is GTS trying to simulate? Only when you know this you can claim it is not unrealistic. Real life is the standard, not some random photo. What about cockpit? They lose all detail in daylight in GTS, is that perfect too? Not unrealistic?

Sorry, I don't believe you. "Enough detail" isn't the standard, reality is the standard, something you keep avoiding in each of your answers. I've never seen reality look that dark in the middle of the day, not even in the deepest of Canadian forests.

Eacha="emula, post: 12038987, member: 140644"]contrast in GTS looks perfect, forza is too washed out

real photos

Hmm, which camera is GTS trying to simulate? Only when you know this you can claim it is not unrealistic. Real life is the standard, not some random photo. What about cockpit? They lose all detail in daylight in GTS, is that perfect too? Not unrealistic?[/QUOTE]

Sadl its not sunny today so i cant take a look on how shadows on a dark wooden house look or on leafs but it doesnt look unrealistic at all to me.

And still, when i look at pictures i have taken on sunny days where trees are there the shadowy areas look just as dark as in GTS.

But okay, havent taken attention to that stuff in real life, will do when its sunny again.

In those screens GTS destroys Forza7 in track details and realism and the only thing you are able to notice is the contrast? (whithout considering that GTS have the best HDR sistem on the market that in those SDR photos is not visible)... LOL :lol:

Hmm, which camera is GTS trying to simulate? Only when you know this you can claim it is not unrealistic. Real life is the standard, not some random photo. What about cockpit? They lose all detail in daylight in GTS, is that perfect too? Not unrealistic?

Sadl its not sunny today so i cant take a look on how shadows on a dark wooden house look or on leafs but it doesnt look unrealistic at all to me.

And still, when i look at pictures i have taken on sunny days where trees are there the shadowy areas look just as dark as in GTS.

But okay, havent taken attention to that stuff in real life, will do when its sunny again.[/QUOTE]
The cockpit view in any racing title shouldn't be attempting to recreate any sort of camera, but rather attempting to recreate what the human eye sees.

As such, the contrast range the human eye can handle is somewhere in the 20 stop range, the best a camera is going o manage is around the 11 stop range.

Sadly its not sunny today so i cant take a look on how shadows on a dark wooden house look or on leafs but it doesnt look unrealistic at all to me.

But okay, havent taken attention to that stuff in real life, will do when its sunny again.
Again, I'm not comparing to pictures. All cameras have limitations, I'm comparing it to what I see with my own eyes.

In those screens GTS destroys Forza7 in track details and realism and the only thing you are able to notice is the contrast? (whithout considering that GTS have the best HDR sistem on the market that in those SDR photos is not visible)... LOL :lol:
I don't think anyone, including me, has said that GTS isn't the overall winner in graphics. Destroys Forza in cherry picked photos? That's a little over the top. Yes, among other things, I noticed that the contrast is much too high in GTS. Glad you agree with me. There are many elements to making things look real, contrast is one of them.

Not saying that Forza has the better trees, but the pictures posted previous page are really cherry picked. This should give you a good idea how the trees look in Forza

Forza Motorsport 7 6_11_2017 18_27_05 by cimbom the best, on Flickr
Forza Motorsport 7 6_11_2017 18_26_25 by cimbom the best, on Flickr
Forza Motorsport 7 6_11_2017 18_25_09 by cimbom the best, on Flickr
Forza Motorsport 7 6_11_2017 18_22_37 by cimbom the best, on Flickr
Forza Motorsport 7 6_11_2017 18_20_19 by cimbom the best, on Flickr

Why tree's are still a discussion is beyond me. Why is this getting as much focus as it does, from the people that prefer GT and only GT?

It's funny that one would go so far out of the way to focus on trackside objects of a different game as if to damn the whole game. I wonder how those people would react if people who preferred any other game came in and continually posted this picture of the engine detail in GTS:

I hope so. Weather, more tracks and cars are what I am waiting for. Seeing things like this is disappointing:

GT Sport demo

View attachment 678557 View attachment 678558

Compared to Driveclub

View attachment 678560 View attachment 678562

All these photos were taken during a race replay, on a regular PS4, by me, completely unmolested. Not even using any ingame camera features to enhance or detract from the quality of the images.

Now graphics aren't everything but still disappointing considering what PD were touting. :(

What is accomplished if I where to come around and make 15 posts out of this one minor issue? Why would anyone want/need to? It doesn't represent the full game in the slightest, its one area that got neglected while others got bumped up. To go so far out of ones way to do this, when the game in question isn't free from the same exact detailing issues, is beyond me.

Sorry for the Off-Topic, but could somebody explain me what 'cherry picking' means? Edited to look worse than what it is?
Other than the real cherry picking, please. :lol:

Sorry for the Off-Topic, but could somebody explain me what 'cherry picking' means? Edited to look worse than what it is?
Other than the real cherry picking, please. :lol:
No, it means digging and searching for one example that is far from representing the full game, to try to make issues seem much, much worse than they are. It can also work the other way around, as well.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to compare GTS' scapes with FM7's actual in-game photomode, because in the scapes the game only have to render the car and its lighting.

In FM7 the game have to render everything.

Anyway, could somebody do a comparison between GTS' and PC2's Honda Project 2&4? That would be the big final of the car model VS car model! ;)

I'm not sure it's a good idea to compare GTS' scapes with FM7's actual in-game photomode, because in the scapes the game only have to render the car and its lighting.

In FM7 the game have to render everything.

Anyway, could somebody do a comparison between GTS' and PC2's Honda Project 2&4? That would be the big final of the car model VS car model! ;)
It compare still the quality of the car model no? Then the games only can be compared on track , side by side or what do you mean?

It compare still the quality of the car model no? Then the games only can be compared on track , side by side or what do you mean?
Yeah, it's still a comparison, but, like @Hage dayo said, it's unfair, because in the scapes the only in-game model is the car. In FM7, everything is in-game model.

So yeah, I think we should compare in-game photomode with in-game photomode.

Yeah, it's still a comparison, but, like @Hage dayo said, it's unfair, because in the scapes the only in-game model is the car. In FM7, everything is in-game model.

So yeah, I think we should compare in-game photomode with in-game photomode.
Yeah, so sadly this don't have many good comparison yet. Nobody here have Forza 7 and GT Sport for good comparison for detail and also for graphics?

Back