GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
I'm sure if @emula tried I'm sure he could make FM7 look even worse. Here's what a similar shot looks like on my Xbox. I'd recommend clicking the image to see it full size so you can appreciate the detail. And I can promise you this pic does not do the game justice, on my 4K HDR OLED TV the game looks incredible.

zYa21EL.jpg

I'm sorting a GTS shot for comparison as we speak.

oneX... 500$ console and still GTS looks a lot better :dopey:

PS is not the same car

Is that the only defense GT has anymore in this thread? All that development time and emphasis on graphics, it better look better than almost any game.

Pzr Slim, this is not the same Forza 7 BMW you are showing us. do you have a picture of the same BMW shown in Emula's comparison?
Couple of pics of the same car. It's difficult to get the lighting right to be fair to both games. The pics don't do either game justice. They both look significantly better in HDR.

T3LKPzs.jpg

tkNIQSD.jpg

And for completeness here's PC2. Different car I know but best I can do!
Y1TQHyr.jpg

PS is not the same car

I've never once said that FM7 looks better than GTS. GTS is the better looking game, it's lighting engine in particular is second to none. I was merely pointing out the lengths that you will go to to make FM7 look bad. It's really very sad. Some of us can can enjoy the fantastic graphics that all the main racing titles offer and don't have this almost fanatical mindset.

Last edited:

PS is not the same car
If this is all your going to do when you PRETEND that you're coming in making fair comparisons, than it's absolutely stupid in every form. You're the biggest hypocrite ever, a liar, and have no intention in being truthful and honest in any way, shape, or form.

Couple of pics of the same car. It's difficult to get the lighting right to be fair to both games. The pics don't do either game justice. They both look significantly better in HDR.

T3LKPzs.jpg

tkNIQSD.jpg
Both games look outstanding IMO. The one difference that I take from these comparisons (GT Sport only) compared to the other similar one (by @emula) is that from race day to TT mode the background cars and tents are gone, as you would expect on a test day.

tkNIQSD.jpg

And for completeness here's PC2. Different car I know but best I can do!

I've never once said that FM7 looks better than GTS. GTS is the better looking game, it's lighting engine in particular is second to none. I was merely pointing out the lengths that you will go to to make FM7 look bad. It's really very sad. Some of us can can enjoy the fantastic graphics that all the main racing titles offer and don't have this almost fanatical mindset.

GTS time trial are not representative of the real trackside details of the game.... during race there are much more details.... "you will go to to make GTS look bad."

hYXvdE.png

GTS time trial are not representative of the real trackside details of the game.... during race there are much more details

hYXvdE.png
Oh, just like some trees aren't representative of the entire game, out like some modeling issues on one car aren't representative of the entire car list? Than why do you try to do that so much with Forza, yet realize that for GTS. You can add double standards to that list about you.

GTS time trial are not representative of the real trackside details of the game.... during race there are much more details.... "you will go to to make GTS look bad."
I was making a like for like comparison. I didn't realise the rules of this thread stated that 'only pics that benefit GTS are allowed'...

You know what if it's that important to you, GTS is the best looking game ever made, it has no equal, other game devs might as well give up because they will never be able to achieve what PD have. Happy?

Last edited:
I was making a like for like comparison. I didn't realise the rules of this thread stated that 'only pics that benefit GTS are allowed'...

You know what if it's that important to you, GTS is the best game looking game ever made, it has no equal, other game devs might as well give up because they will never be able to achieve what PD have. Happy?
Don't you play Forza 7 on the PC, Slim?

Don't you play Forza 7 on the PC, Slim?
Play it on PC and Xbox but it's only fair to keep these comparisons as console only.

It's interesting to compare track texture detail. Where there is a clear winner.
FM7
Lcnbanx.jpg

GTS
HTgelvj.jpg

PC2
qKpSDBl.jpg

PC2 looks incredible compared to the others. I love the way water collects in every little depression in the surface.

Last edited:

You know what if it's that important to you, GTS is the best game looking game ever made, it has no equal, other game devs might as well give up because they will never be able to achieve what PD have. Happy?

So why do you immediately remade my FM7 oneS screenshot? only FM7 pics from oneX/pc maxed out that benefit FM7 are allowed? :dopey:

So why do you immediately remade my FM7 oneS screenshot? only FM7 pics from oneX/pc maxed out that benefit FM7 are allowed? :dopey:
The Sony faithful have banged on about how PS4 is the superior console since this gen began. So it's been unfair all along to compare a PS4 to an Xbox One or a PS4 Pro to a Xbox One S. The Xbox One X redresses that balance. The shoe is on the other foot now and the Sony faithful don't like it one bit.

However, that's no concern of mine I own a PS4 Pro, an Xbox One X and a very nice PC, I get the best of all worlds and don't have the pathetic, childish, extremely sad urge to pick sides ;)

Last edited:
Yet here you are, constantly posting pictures on the Pro. How convenient for you. If one is going to be at its best(you using the pro for a benchmark) why shouldn't the other be at its best? Some more of those double standards I see.

Another screenshot that "make GTS looks bad"... and is the second time in 2 posts.... "It's really very sad"

You know what if it's that important to you, FM7 is the best looking game ever made, it has no equal, other game devs might as well give up because they will never be able to achieve what T10 have. Happy? (cit.)
Urmm, your shots in GTS look just the same as mine, still very far behind PC2 but better than FM7. FM7 is clearly not the best looking game ever made, not something I have ever claimed, GTS is better looking with a superior lighting model, however, FM7 is nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Another screenshot that "make GTS looks bad"... and is the second time in 2 posts.... "It's really very sad"

8O6jjR.png

tVjmqz.png

You know what if it's that important to you, FM7 is the best looking game ever made, it has no equal, other game devs might as well give up because they will never be able to achieve what T10 have. Happy? (cit.)
If it's the same track in the same mode than what is causing the difference to happen?

Reminds me of the difference you'd see in a scape, because even the original shots you put of the BMW doesn't even look like that.

@emula I sometimes wonder if people on here want you to magically improve the graphics of the other games. :lol:
Play it on PC and Xbox but it's only fair to keep these comparisons as console only.

It's interesting to compare track texture detail. Where there is a clear winner.
FM7
Lcnbanx.jpg

GTS
HTgelvj.jpg

PC2
qKpSDBl.jpg

PC2 looks incredible compared to the others. I love the way water collects in every little depression in the surface.
I was more impressed by some textures in GT6 given lack of memory that console has, the one below looks much better than the ones posted above. Looking forward to level of detail PS5 will bring in-game as PDI's assets seem to be top drawer.

GT6 Goodwood (Whistle Snap).png

That's what I thought. I was gonna make a joke about how PC shots aren't allowed because it's unfair according to a previous member, but it appears the usual person took it literally.
Better than only shots from PC on its lowest resolution are allowed, coming from the GT faithful?

Such a stupid clause to point out. Compare PS4 Pro to Xbox One X, which is exactly what Slim did. It's ironic how you joke about that one game gets to benefit from biased pictures whilst defending GT with your own biased pictures for it as well.

Better than only shots from PC on its lowest resolution are allowed, coming from the GT faithful?

now here every xbox one S screnshot is a "PC on its lowest resolution" LOL :lol:

not everyone have 500$ to spend on an oneX.... especially when GTS on a cheaper console still looks better

Last edited:
now here every xbox one S screnshot is a "PC on its lowest resolution" LOL
You have a massive reading comprehension issue. Not that it takes away from the fact that that's what you literally did.

not everyone has 500$ to spend on an oneX...
Is that supposed to be a reason for you acting like they aren't allowed? I wouldn't be surprised.

now here every xbox one S screnshot is a "PC on its lowest resolution" LOL :lol:
Oh my, how quickly your memory fades. Remember this post? This was you failing to share that these shots were taken in the game on its lowest setting on the PC version. The highest setting was similar to that of the One X.

This was perfectly acceptable to bring up against Forza, but once someone brought in the Xbox One X, you deemed it unfair against the PS4. Someone even brought up the same argument of how GT's cars change in certain conditions, but you had an issue with that as unfair as well.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
forza change the player car in photomode (yes before pressing the shutter button)

during gameplay (or during photomode on AI cars) the cars looks like this

vz2rDr.png

1xEVr6.jpg

OIDFRM.png

vcaPM1.png
not everyone has 500$ to spend on an oneX...
And the PS4 Pro is $400. Hardly a strong argument over the case of $100.

No a 'prettiness' comparison video, but a basic physics one.

Standing starts in FWD cars.

How does AC, PC2 and GTS stack up against reality.

Scaff, you didn't show the real car carried out on the road, only the rev meter shown in the video. You are not using the same cars in game and GTS was done on a street not a track surface, something seems fishy.

If you want to test & critique things on how they relate to perfect reality; you should make accurate comparisons, not only because they are Front wheel drive cars. Also that is absolutely the worst camera shot and worst driving in GTS I've ever seen .

Scaff, you didn't show the real car carried out on the road, only the rev meter shown in the video. You are not using the same cars in game and GTS was done on a street not a track surface, something seems fishy.

If you want to test & critique things on how they relate to perfect reality; you should make accurate comparisons, not only because they are Front wheel drive cars. Also that is absolutely the worst camera shot and worst driving in GTS I've ever seen .
Did you listen to Scaff's commentary?

I just want to say , if you are going to take a picture of a texture, don't do it a sharp ANGLE. I took Both from the same track ( Mount panorama) on base PS4 hardware
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171119144535.png
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171118131740.png

Kyoto
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171118131732.png

GTS has better textures than Forza on some tracks, but worst on others. Streets of willow is using the old PS3 textures for the track, but they did update the trackside textures .
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20171118131724.png

That being Said GTS and Forza both have bump map textures BUT Gts also has Parallax occlusion mapping, Forza.. NOPE .

From reading this thread, I can EASILY say both sides have done a piss poor job at representing a games graphics. From comparing tracks at different times of days. Comparing Photo mode to gameplay. Comparing a PC GAME TO A CONSOLE GAME. Comparing the PRo to the base Xbox. Seriously? Have you all forgotten how to OBJECTIVELY compare things? You don't compare textures at oblique angles, you can compare TEXTURE filtering, but not the textures themselves.

Back