GT Sport vs Other Games: Comparison Video Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 2,529 comments
Speaking of sound i use old Samsung LED TV with build in speaker sound type is set to music i think it sounds the best from all types. I was watching new tv's in the shop Samsungs with soundbar does it really sound a lot better with it ?

But in a race the lighting is much different from scapes, I don't see anything bad (graphics-wise) when racing and I'm not going to zoom in on the wheels or exhaust anyway the rest of the model looks pretty much the same to me.

Also, are those PS4 or PS4 pro captures, might be made by someone who wants to make things look bad on a normal PS4

Reviving the most frightening thread of the GTPlanet history...

Oh Prunus In Guanhua is a nice pick for the song

Some aren't too different, some were even looking better in Race but there are many that stick out like a sore thumb. It's a bit funny seeing this, and noticing the lengths one banned user went to to avoid showing these inconsistencies, and pretending that they don't exist.

But in a race the lighting is much different from scapes, I don't see anything bad (graphics-wise) when racing and I'm not going to zoom in on the wheels or exhaust anyway the rest of the model looks pretty much the same to me.

Also, are those PS4 or PS4 pro captures, might be made by someone who wants to make things look bad on a normal PS4
Its the same on pro too, the in game model is a even lower lod than the photomode lod from race mode. They don't have enough power to put these scape models in game. I got attacked here when i said that Forza had better in game models. That why i always said that the in game models where better in Forza compared to GTS. Because in Forza they use lod 0 (the photomode lod) not Forzavista lod thats lod-1. The only difference is engine detail getting reduced a bit in the parts where you can't see them in gameplay. Hopefully PS5 will have the highest lod in game, because they look incredible in scape mode with the right lighting.

Reviving the most frightening thread of the GTPlanet history...

Oh Prunus In Guanhua is a nice pick for the song

Simply, nothing is perfect. However, the quality downgrade in gameplay is likely due to adaptive tesselation working to preserve performance in my opinion. It does look a bit disturbing when you zoomed in the race photos though. Hope the future title with more powerful hardware can minimize or solve the "rough edges" problem.

I'm betting that, by the time a console processor comes along able to render race footage at GTS's Scapes level of detail, the new Scapes level of detail will have also moved upwards to the point the processor will be unable to race render it!

That's the nature of the beast.

I'm betting that, by the time a console processor comes along able to render race footage at GTS's Scapes level of detail, the new Scapes level of detail will have also moved upwards to the point the processor will be unable to race render it!

That's the nature of the beast.
Or hopefully we'll have something powerful enough in the future that there wouldn't need to be a difference between gameplay and scapes.

That's just wishful thinking though.

Back