GT Sport vs. Real Life Comparison

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 4 comments
Zocker16_GTRP
Hi guys, i´m often asked how close GT Sport comes to the real thing, so I decided to create a side by side comparison video of the game and a real lap.
I used the Nissan GT-R Nismo ( stock tune, soft sports tires) around the Nürburgring Nordschleife and tried to recreate the real lap record set by Michael Krumm in 2013, a stunning time of 7.08,679.
I think the result is pretty impressive, I nailed the real lap within 1-2 tenths and stayed within half a second during the whole lap. :bowdown:
Tell me what you think about this? Have you done similar comparisons or seen some on the net? Let´s collect them in this thread and show them to people who ask the same question: How realistic is this game? ;)

Yes i know there are huge difference between a game and real life. Especially on tracks like the Nordschleife where fear and the G-forces are intense, but it´s awesome to see how not only the lap time but also line and gear-changes match in game and reality. 👍

By the way this video is kind of a remake of my last comparison in GT5 using the stock Nissan GT-R on the same Track:

Last edited:
Hi guys, i´m often asked how close GT Sport comes to the real thing, so I decided to create a side by side comparison video of the game and a real lap.
I used the Nissan GT-R Nismo ( stock tune, soft sports tires) around the Nürburgring Nordschleife and tried to recreate the real lap record set by Michael Krumm in 2013, a stunning time of 7.08,679.
I think the result is pretty impressive, I nailed the real lap within 1-2 tenths and stayed within half a second during the whole lap. :bowdown:
Tell me what you think about this? Have you done similar comparisons or seen some on the net? Let´s collect them in this thread and show them to people who ask the same question: How realistic is this game? ;)

Yes i know there are huge difference between a game and real life. Especially on tracks like the Nordschleife where fear and the G-forces are intense, but it´s awesome to see how not only the lap time but also line and gear-changes match in game and reality. 👍

By the way this video is kind of a remake of my last comparison in GT5 using the stock Nissan GT-R on the same Track:

Great comparison. Shame about the lack of camera angle in GTSport. Project cars and other racing game has multiple camera options and it makes it easier to match to real life onboard footage.

So a semi revival of this thread:
I have made a semi comparison (although the two videos are seperate and not properly edited) of the Red Bull Ring in the wet driven with the Porsche Cayman GT4 (although one is the road car and the other is the Gr.4 version).

Real life:

GT Sport:

It was a custom race with one make GT4 caymans with slipstream and grip set to real and no boost.

Back