GT Sport WTF moments

• Thread starter Ian1231HK
  • 34 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Ian1231100
It's been over half a year since GT Sport was released, and I still haven't found a 'WTF moments' thread in the forums, so I guess I'll make one then... (And if there IS a similar thread, I'll just delete this thread and move it to said thread.)

Alrighty then, I'll go first. So yesterday I joined a 'dirty gr.3' lobby that was apparently hosted by a 10-year-old. 'Well, how did you know?' I hear you ask. Not long after I got on track in my Beetle (along with another guy in the Ford GT test car), the host started the race without even being in it. I spun out of control on the third lap, before getting back on track. The host, for some reason, insisted the other guy to slow down, saying it was a 'yellow flag'. Obviously, since it was a 'dirty race', normal rules don't apply to it, and the other guy ignored him. The host suddenly called him 'selfish' for no reason (in spite of not being in the race at all). After the race, I tried convincing him that normal rules don't apply to dirty races, and he just cussed at me.

And no, it didn't stop there. During the second race (which the host entered), the other guy and I set off quickly, leaving him behind. Everything went quite well until the host said 'Race dirty or I'll kick both of you.' A few moments later, both of us were kicked, and I was like, 'WTF just happened?'

So that was my most recent WTF moment. What are yours? Share them below!

Last edited:
Lap 9 of the FIA Nations Cup Season 2 Round 8 at Suzuka with Gr.4 cars. An Aussie was forced to run wide by a Japanese guy, then the former tries to rejoin the track, and suddenly a certain 17-year old Filipino with a Singaporean OLR Licence ended up launching said Aussie, knocking out two Japanese drivers, and I escaped all of that!

Lap 9 of the FIA Nations Cup Season 2 Round 8 at Suzuka with Gr.4 cars. An Aussie was forced to run wide by a Japanese guy, then the former tries to rejoin the track, and suddenly a certain 17-year old Filipino with a Singaporean OLR Licence ended up launching said Aussie, knocking out two Japanese drivers, and I escaped all of that!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Private online lobby 'split' in 2 during race, 6 people started race, all 6 finished, except 1 ended up in one race (and lobby) by themselves, the other 5 ended up in same race in another lobby.

Lap 1 @ Bathurst, just started to go over the top of the mountain, leader suddenly goes straight and crashes into wall on the right.

We were in chatroom at the time, conversation went pretty much like this:

Me: "Do you want us to wait?
Leader: "Why?"
Me: "Ummm, you just stacked it?"
Leader: "Ummm, no, you lot just disappeared!"
Me: "Ummm, we're still here!"
Leader: "No you're not, I'm by myself"
Me: "Where are you?"
Leader: "I'm in the 🤬 race!"
Me: "So are we!"
Leader: "No, you're not!"
Me: "Neither are you!"
Leader: "Ummm"
Me: "Ummmm"

Carried on like this for rest of race, got back to lobby and in our lobby it showed hm leaving, and in his lobby it showed us leaving.

Neither of us believed the other as a lobby splitting in 2 mid race is unheard of, so we sent screenshots of the lobby to each other. His screen shot showed us 5 'leaving', our lobby showed him 'leaving', but we all finished the exact race all 6 of us started, except we did so in 2 different lobbies.

:boggled: :eek: :odd: :boggled:

Last edited:
Private online lobby 'split' in 2 during race, 6 people started race, all 6 finished, except 1 ended up in one race (and lobby) by themselves, the other 5 ended up in same race in another lobby.

Lap 1 @ Bathurst, just started to go over the top of the mountain, leader suddenly goes straight and crashes into wall on the right.

We were in chatroom at the time, conversation went pretty much like this:

Me: "Do you want us to wait?
Leader: "Why?"
Me: "Ummm, you just stacked it?"
Leader: "Ummm, no, you lot just disappeared!"
Me: "Ummm, we're still here!"
Leader: "No you're not, I'm by myself"
Me: "Where are you?"
Leader: "I'm in the 🤬 race!"
Me: "So are we!"
Leader: "No, you're not!"
Me: "Neither are you!"
Leader: "Ummm"
Me: "Ummmm"

Carried on like this for rest of race, got back to lobby and in our lobby it showed hm leaving, and in his lobby it showed us leaving.

Neither of us believed the other as a lobby splitting in 2 mid race is unheard of, so we sent screenshots of the lobby to each other. His screen shot showed us 5 'leaving', our lobby showed him 'leaving', but we all finished the exact race all 6 of us started, except we did so in 2 different lobbies.

:boggled: :eek: :odd: :boggled:
Sounds like a heck of a glitch. The same thing happened to me back in GT5.

Literally I had not practiced the race, it was my first race of the day and I decided to play without having tried the car ... The funny thing, even though it is not seen in this video, is that it was a chain reaction, a domino effect, the accident started on turn 6

You gotta love players like that, if he is so fast that he cant help but hit you over and over why not just pass??? They just do not understand that they need to leave a little room to the car in front.
Lastly how does a block get under a car that low to launch it in the air? A traffic cone did the same thing to me at Sarthe in a Gr3 car.

You gotta love players like that, if he is so fast that he cant help but hit you over and over why not just pass??? They just do not understand that they need to leave a little room to the car in front.
Lastly how does a block get under a car that low to launch it in the air? A traffic cone did the same thing to me at Sarthe in a Gr3 car.
worldburn-top.jpg

It was partially my fault. It happened a few months ago but IIRC he bumped me a few times. I was worried he might wreck me so decided I braked early into a corner hoping he'd pass, but right when I braked he got in behind me to follow.

I was afraid of being wrecked and my move for safety resulted in me being wrecked lol

I was playing in a "clean" lobby race on Dragon Trail and despite the room's intent, everyone was weave blocking and dive bombing like idiots. I have no clue what they thought clean racing was but three times during the race I would get shoved off of the track by a dive bomber hijacking my apex and running me wide off of the course without comment from the room host.

Finally tired of the room's BS I decided to really show them how to dive bomb. I caught up to the top 5 cars who were weave blocking each other as they all ran wide on the hairpin just before the bus stop chicane. I braked late and cut hard across the apex curve and it popped me into the air causing me to rotate land into a drift. Now in first place, I decided to Tokyo Drift my recovery and proceeded to get sideways hammering the throttle and taking up half the track. All I heard were squeals, brakes, wall slamming, and ramming behind me. One guy rammed me and earned a penalty as he speed boosted me through the bus stop.

The race ends with me in 2nd or 3rd and the host starts repremanding me for dirty driving. WTF?

By accident in a lobby with fuel consumption set very high check this one out in this one I go twice as fast

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: FANTASTIC!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome spin, if you spun out like that at 600MPH not only would the tires/wheels be junk I think you would grind the whole lower portion of the chassis away, probably about 1/2 to the hood scoop. So it has ti be out of fuel for this to work?? The acceleration is most awesome too!!!!

Back