GT Sport's Livery Editor is "Far More In-Depth" Than Expected

Well, as someone who spent far too long on the garbage livery editor of TDU2 (the moment you started to drive, your livery would slowly shift to the left every so often :banghead:) and the actually quite good editors of NFS ProStreet and MC:LA, this really really excites me. Hopefully we have the basics like mirroring, masking and numerical input for shape dimensions & rotations.

Gone are the days of having a field of Le Mans or touring cars that basically look exactly the same! :cheers:

Excited about this. Back when I played Forza 3, I created a custom logo. When GT5 came out, I stopped playing and have since seen that logo. Can't wait to revive it when GT Sport comes out :)

@Brend I cannot imagine there is any way Sony will allow PC import - way too dangerous! But perhaps the bespoke app on phones/tablets could work well!

But anyhow, I'm cautiously excited - sounds like a timesink as big as the photo mode... :cool:

Can't wait to see how this works. Given enough freedom and flexibility I have no doubt many great fantasy and replica liveries will be forthcoming from this community. A central database and/or storefront idea would be an added bonus.

Can't wait to see how this works. Given enough freedom and flexibility I have no doubt many great fantasy and replica liveries will be forthcoming from this community. A central database and/or storefront idea would be an added bonus.
Was just about to bring this up. They better actually put some effort in to sharing this time, if the only way to get it done again is to be a friend or some weird work around (what we currently have for course maker GT6) it would basically be a useless feature for me.

To add to the livery editor, it would be cool to have rim & interior trim customization. As well as custom paints:
Matte Pearlescent
Colored chrome (for liveries as well as vehicle & wheel paint, The Blitz Skyline in GT6 would be an example of colored chrome on a livery).
Tri-color/chameleon paint
Flake/paint
Textures (carbon fibre, etc.)

This is great....I've always been a bigger GT fan than Forza, but the amount of hours I spent in FM4 painting was insane. Despicable Me, Looney Tunes....so much fun. The ironic part is that I can't draw/paint to save my life IRL. But I was pretty solid at painting. Making rat cars was a blast too! I really can't wait for this game!

It's funny because every Forza I've ever owned, I've never touched the livery editors. Honestly don't care. I'd rather have the car in my favorite color that the car can have from the manufacturer and that's it. Also don't like tuning/upgrading cars either in most cases.

This is what I really like about pCars, Driveclub, AC, GT Sport, R3E, Automobilista, and rFactor 2. No nonsense, just quality racing.

It's funny because every Forza I've ever owned, I've never touched the livery editors. Honestly don't care. I'd rather have the car in my favorite color that the car can have from the manufacturer and that's it. Also don't like tuning/upgrading cars either in most cases.

This is what I really like about pCars, Driveclub, AC, GT Sport, R3E, Automobilista, and rFactor 2. No nonsense, just quality racing.

The beauty of Forza's livery editor and tuning options are not just that they are some of the best around, but that you don't have to be capable to utilise them yourself, as some very skilled and creative people all around the world spend a great deal of time coming up with beautiful, detailed, inventive and historic liveries and tunes that add huge dynamic to the hot lapping, drifting, drag racing and competitive racing - that you find most appealing - and are easily purchasable for free. Also the racing in Forza is just as good as the games you mentioned and those features only enhance them.

I feel you are dismissing a huge chunk of the Forza series that would enhance your racing experience.

Last edited:
Curious to find out what kind of resolution is going to be possible with the Livery Editor and how it is going to work online or if they can even be used online.
They have already practised online save-game on beta, probably those custom decals made by users are also saved on online (cloud) for easy usage and easy censoring.

Back