GT Sport's Next Update Arrives April 23

I just hope the Gordini doesn't end up in Group X given that GT6 apparently calls it a race car. Regardless the Porsche 962 should be fun. Too bad we're apparently not getting the X2014 Competition though. I just hope this isn't a 5G deal where the car is only for the competition and not actually coming to the game.

I just hope the Gordini doesn't end up in Group X given that GT6 apparently calls it a race car. Regardless the Porsche 962 should be fun. Too bad we're apparently not getting the X2014 Competition though. I just hope this isn't a 5G deal where the car is only for the competition and not actually coming to the game.

One idea that I think could work is if they add it to the Mileage Exchange for 30,000 mileage points.

Could've sworn it was more then twice, one of those races was the Fuji 1000 KM.
The ‘88 factory 962 basically had an upgraded engine and minor chassis updates. After Le Mans these where made available to customers. Joest was effectively a factory supported Porsche team from ‘89-‘92.

Here's hoping when we enter the LE with the AE86, the bottom cladding disappears.
I'm hoping it's actually in 'Other' so it can be painted separately, however, my gut feeling tells me they'll make it part of 'Body' so if you want to make a panda livery you'll have to spend ages masking it.

Whatever they do it'll upset 50% of people.

It also comes with a CVT. The transmission PD choose will probably determine what Class it’s in. Odds are if they pick the CVT it’ll be put into Group X, or N100 if it’s the DCT

Edit:

This is probably the 962C we’ll get, the one Stefan Bellof used to set the Nordschliefe record

View attachment 815727
Surely not. First off, Bellof set the record in 1983, in a Porsche 956, which is what the picture you posted is. Bellof died in 1985 in a 962 but, the one we are getting in this update is a 1988 model 962C, and Rothmans sponsorship stopped in 1987. If anything, it will be the Shell livery that we get.

Surely not. First off, Bellof set the record in 1983, in a Porsche 956, which is what the picture you posted is. Bellof died in 1985 in a 962 but, the one we are getting in this update is a 1988 model 962C, and Rothmans sponsorship stopped in 1987. If anything, it will be the Shell livery that we get.
Seriously, the Shell livery is what I was expecting. Seriously.

Not excited for this update apart from the Porsche. I don't know if it's that everything from Gr. 4 upwards feels so great on track of the NXXX cars are so bad to drive. I don't have fun anymore with cars outside from GT Group and only a few Gr. X cars. They feel so stiff and bad on the brakes. Was hyped for the Pagani Zonda R and the Huayra but it feels like they have no downforce and have a way too long brake distance.

Really a shame. I don't think that's the game's fault but most cars from the NXXX group aren't fun to drive.

I'm excited to see which track we will get and maybe some quality of life improvements but I better don't get my hopes so up.

Rothmans Porsche Team Schuppan was still rolling around Japan in '88 if that counts.

------------------
Not excited for this update apart from the Porsche. I don't know if it's that everything from Gr. 4 upwards feels so great on track of the NXXX cars are so bad to drive. I don't have fun anymore with cars outside from GT Group and only a few Gr. X cars. They feel so stiff and bad on the brakes. Was hyped for the Pagani Zonda R and the Huayra but it feels like they have no downforce and have a way too long brake distance.

Really a shame. I don't think that's the game's fault but most cars from the NXXX group aren't fun to drive.

I'm excited to see which track we will get and maybe some quality of life improvements but I better don't get my hopes so up.

Huayra is a joy to drive, I does require subtle use of the controls and for sure needs racing tyres...

What if we do get a Nostalgic Group C event, like the Nostalgic pre-1979 event? A few WSC races in Professional, wouldn't be bad at all.

These were the races from the 1991 season
Rnd Race Circuit Date
Fuji Film Cup (430 km) Suzuka Circuit 14 April
2 Trofeo F. Caracciolo (430km) Autodromo Nazionale Monza 5 May
3 Castrol BRDC Empire Trophy (430 km) Silverstone Circuit 19 May
4 24 Hours of Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe 22 June
23 June
5 ADAC Sportwagen-Weltmeisterschaft (430km) Nürburgring 18 August
6 Championnat du Monde de Voitures de Sport (430 km) Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours 15 September
7 Trofeo Hermanos Rodriguez (430 km) Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez 6 October
8 SWC in Autopolis (430 km) Autopolis 28 October

We've got 5 of these circuits. Monza, la Sarthe and NUrburgring to kick things off. :sly:

So these should be...:gtpflag:
so very well, the one I don't appreciate is the Renault Gordini, I never liked it

D4ltmO5UEAAuJND.jpg

Taking a closer look at the silhouette of the 962, it does look like it has the square indents in the front, which matches up with the JPSC cars.

Edit: And knowing how PD likes to add cars that are winners, I would guess the livery would be the 1988 JSPC winning FromA Racing.

Last edited:
I'm talking this solely as a rumor but...

How can someone suggest that the Bentley is coming when it's not even in the teaser? That's stupid.

Taking a closer look at the silhouette of the 962, it does look like it has the square indents in the front, which matches up with the JPSC cars.

Edit: And knowing how PD likes to add cars that are winners, I would guess the livery would be the 1988 JSPC winning FromA Racing.
That would be a very odd choice of livery, as no one recognises it... Yet everyone knows the Rothmans colours.

Latest Posts

Back