GT Sport's Next Update Reportedly Due August 27

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,148 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, so it is the pre-facelift S2000 after all! First person to take a convincing photo with that car recreating the GT2 cover gets 5 cookies from me personally.
Hmm, do you think the pre-facelift AP1 is better than after-facelift AP2? I remember that in GT5/6 the older AP1 models had more HP and higher PP levels overall, but then again I heard that AP2 has better power band and more torque.

Hmm, do you think the pre-facelift AP1 is better than after-facelift AP2? I remember that in GT5/6 the older AP1 models had more HP and higher PP levels overall, but then again I heard that AP2 has better power band and more torque.
I just posted a video about the two. The AP2 also has better handling, due to the rear suspension and 17" wheel/tyre package.

I just posted a video about the two. The AP2 also has better handling, due to the rear suspension and 17" wheel/tyre package.

The AP1 has a notoriously brittle differential. It’s fine for spirited driving, but not at all built for clutch-drops and general abuse.

When it came to the AP2, Honda addressed this - not by strengthening the diff, no. Instead, they put in an extremely heavy flywheel, and a CDV - clutch delay valve.

If you’ve ever driven an AP2 hard, you’ll notice it right away. The car acts like the clutch is slipping all the time because the entire drivetrain is neutered.

This obviously won’t be simulated in a video game - so by numbers alone the AP2 will be slightly faster. But if I had to pick which one of these is the better racing machine, AP1 all the way.

That is the Honda S2000 '99 from the GT2 cover?.
Unexpected choices wow if already have a premium S2000 in GT6.
2 Full remodeled cars in this update.
Gran%20Turismo%202%20%28Europe%29%20%28Arcade%20Mode%20Disc%29.jpg

Last edited:
You may not like it but it still has 600+HP powering the rear wheels through a 7-speed tranny.

Original is still original though.
Back in GT5 prologue and GT5/6 this was one of my favourite cars, I like it more than a stock version. But unfortunately, the one they added in GTS is like a completely different car, not as grippy and fast in straight line as before.

I actually like that these are all road cars. I find the one make races more interesting than most gr4/3/1 races, where one car is generally OP... I didn't mind going with the R8 gr3 or the GT86 gr4. But I found all of the other OP cars to be some kind of "miracle cars" for just a bunch of players who manage to drive them better than what the game had intended...

Sprinter Trueno and Corolla Levin comparisons...

edit: huh, gifys no worky...

edit: attempt 2...

It's not an R31... the R31 is about 400mm longer, there is no way the silhouettes would match as closely as they do, the Piazza is also about 150mm longer, so same story there... none of these other suggestions are even in the same ball park!

Notice the pin point in the windscreen that's probably the steering wheel/dashboard... same position... too many similarities for it NOT to be a Levin.

Last edited:
Five cars for This patch:

Nissan Silvia S14
Isuzu Piazza
Subaru Impresa 22B
Mitsubishi 3000 GT
Honda S2000

Opel Tigra call good

Attachments

• images.jpeg-1.jpg
    images.jpeg-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 12