GT Suggestions Forum

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Didn't see an official topic to discuss this forum, but if there is one i apologise!

Firstly, it is a great idea (and the reason i finally signed back in to GTP after a few months - left because of the excessive complaining in EVERY GT topic), but you may need to recruit new moderators just for those forums (i'm not volunteering!), to keep people posting within the guidelines/to prevent duplicates. ;)

Or encourage people to use the report function too (if not already).

Main things are;
- Topic titles with spelling errors, not enough info etc
- New topics created; the author should (for the cars and tracks forums) at least post one image of the car/track they'd like to see in GT, as it'll be more likely to get votes from people who don't necessarily know what it is, if they can't see a pic right away.
- People are not searching. Or maybe they are, but a new topic for that same request gets posted while they are making theirs. If this sort of thing happens, i'd (personally) merge the one with the least amount of info/images into the other one, regardless of who posted first. All locked duplicate topics should (could?) be merged with the original/better one too.

Otherwise, great idea and it is a good move to not restrict people to a certain amount of votes like the last system (which, at the time, was also a really great idea).

I can confirm that things do get merged, and also that some people are searching. I was searching, I posted a track suggestion, less than a minute later someone else posted the same one. So even if he searched, he still saw no results. The two got merged.

I don't known if the software of the forum be able do to this but if there is a possible way to make a dedicated search option for the Suggestion section. Might help with users be able to search for possible car, track or features that's not been suggested yet.

Searching under terms such as manufacturers in the cars section, track type (road course, street course, oval, etc), and game features (online, physic, modeling, etc). If its possible to do this it should help with cutting down threads with the same subjects.

Keep up all the good work! 👍

In general, the search function in the top left already does that - you just have to enter the right words. I've used it numerous times already.

Not everything gets merged though, there are a number of locked topics at the mo in the car section.

Gran Turismo Suggestions> Vote on Favorite Cars

Please group cars by Manufacturer, Model, year within the model group.

The current car list's ease of use deters voting.

Regarding merging, we're doing what we can, but the response to the Suggestions forum has far exceeded what myself or anyone on the moderation staff anticipated. Unless duplicate posts have a significant number of likes, we're just going to close them instead of taking the time to merge them, and that's just how it's going to be for now.

I don't known if the software of the forum be able do to this but if there is a possible way to make a dedicated search option for the Suggestion section. Might help with users be able to search for possible car, track or features that's not been suggested yet.

Searching under terms such as manufacturers in the cars section, track type (road course, street course, oval, etc), and game features (online, physic, modeling, etc). If its possible to do this it should help with cutting down threads with the same subjects.

Keep up all the good work! 👍
By default, the search box at the top of every page already does this, by limiting your search to the subforum that you're in.

The most significant problem is that search terms with less than three characters are excluded, which is a problem for many car model names and numbers. A new search engine will be implemented soon which will change that.

@Jordan , and i've spoken to @Wardez about this. The Suggestions section is huge. Why not be able to put all the features in sections? So go into folders when you go into cars, there's a sub forum for "Racing" , "Concept", "Road", etc. Be easier to organise, search, and implement.

Personally, I think sub-forums for that would separate things too much - if such a feature were to be implemented, a thread prefix tagging system similar to the Console & PC section would make more sense, IMO.

Yeah, the forums don't need to be split up any more than they are, the prefix idea is probably the best way.

And that's all good Jordan, if it ever dies down the locked topics could be merged then (not sure why i keep harping on about this, oh well). Unless there is a mod to remove all votes when a topic is locked (doubt it though).

Lets hope the PD team find it as useful as it seems to be at the moment. :)

Hey guys, I have a question about car suggestions. If I were to suggestion a general type of race car that comes in multiple liveries like the "R33 Nissan Skyline JGTC GT500" as an example, would that count as more than one type of car? I hear that some race cars of certain racing series differ a bit more than just a livery and I want to be sure whether that's true or not.

It should be fine so long as you include the year of the car. i.e. 2010 Ford Falcon V8 Supercar varieties.

But i'd say it would depend on whether the differences where just paint work, or body work too.

I'll put this here I guess. The new update added a few things people had suggested in the GT6 features section. I've noticed there's a done pretext that is waiting to be used and I'm just wondering how we alert the mods to those completed suggestions.

:cheers:

I'm not trying to single out GTplanet, the whole internet needs to do this. 98% of most comments seem to be ignorant BS, irrelevant, boring, or just plain ridiculous.
There needs to be a few tiers of postings that work like the swimming pool of a rec center. When you go to the pool and you can't swim, they put you in the shallow end. If you can hardly walk, there is a smaller pool with a couple inches of water and some showers. The diving board is only accessible to those who can swim and if someone who doesn't belong there somehow makes it, the lifeguard pulls him out and doesn't let him back in.
Conversations should be set up like this, I feel like I am surrounded by people who don't understand language or the subject matter. I want to be social and engage people but it is difficult in this environment. As I said, it's not you, this is the nature of the internet. Solving this problem would be a breakthrough for the internet.

Any answer for the above question mods? I'm curious. There was one that was even older than the one posted above but that was locked too?

I would like to bring up something in the car suggestion forum in terms of posts regarding upgrading standard cars to premium.

My suggestion would be a filter or maybe just not allowing it. Basically I think we all want every standard to be premium

Any answer for the above question mods? I'm curious. There was one that was even older than the one posted above but that was locked too?
I'm currently (hampered by a bricked router, BT screwing something up and lots of other work I actually get paid for taking precedence) digging through the forum to standardise it. There's a lot to standardise - but the 8 series threads are on my list for when I get there. I've done some groundwork sorting out 20 pages of wrongly titled threads and I'm going through alphabetically now. I'm at Allard.
I would like to bring up something in the car suggestion forum in terms of posts regarding upgrading standard cars to premium.

My suggestion would be a filter or maybe just not allowing it. Basically I think we all want every standard to be premium
I caught your message (PM, was it?) but I was on my phone due to the above bricking and didn't get time to respond.

For the most part I agree - it seems patently obvious that if X is already in the game, nominating it means you want it Premium. However, this didn't stop someone from nominating the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - a car actually already in the game (and in GT5) as a Premium.

I'm putting a [Premium] tag in the title to make it clear for now.

I've been making a list of all the suggestions (because I'm just nerdy like that.) I'll try to report all of the duplicate threads to the best of my ability.

Famine, you're doing an awesome job so far (one that sadly you shouldn't have to do) as the forum looks a lot tidier with full car names, years and Capitalisation.

I'd almost suggest 'soft' warnings (or locked topics) for any creators of new topics that don't follow your example and do things the right way.

The car pictured in the OP, and I believe the one intended to be nominated is the BMW Concept CS 2007. There is no car called the "BMW Gran Turismo Concept".
Looks like it has gone by both names. Well, technically a mishmash of both.

TB
Looks like it has gone by both names. Well, technically a mishmash of both.

It was never officially announced for production, it only ever existed as a concept car (barring one shot of a heavily disguised mule). The closest actual model or concept to the name is the 2009 BMW 5 series Gran Turismo Concept, which became the production 5GT, or the BMW Gran Coupe Concept, which became the 6 series Gran Coupe. Besides, the car picture is the 2007 Concept CS, whatever they were going to call it.

Yeah, the forums don't need to be split up any more than they are, the prefix idea is probably the best way.

And that's all good Jordan, if it ever dies down the locked topics could be merged then (not sure why i keep harping on about this, oh well). Unless there is a mod to remove all votes when a topic is locked (doubt it though).

Lets hope the PD team find it as useful as it seems to be at the moment. :)
a forum is a forum no matter what it is why does it matter weare its at

a forum is a forum no matter what it is why does it matter weare its at
If topics weren't grouped together, this place would be a mess and no one would be able to find anything.

My suggestion - have a good look around, re-read they AUP, see where topics are located and how they work here and enjoy your time.

What happened to those green, yellow and red flags that you could pick in the smiley section?

It was really helpful for racing series organisers. Clean laps, dirty laps, etc.

I would also suggest a checkered flag.

:gtpflag:

What happened to those green, yellow and red flags that you could pick in the smiley section?

It was really helpful for racing series organisers. Clean laps, dirty laps, etc.

I would also suggest a checkered flag.
I'm not sure what you're referring to - there never were any flags like that in the smiley section. :confused:

I'm not sure what you're referring to - there never were any flags like that in the smiley section. :confused:

Might be mistaking but I think I saw members inserting green flags in posts with clean laps and red flags with dirty laps.

That was sometime ago now but I'm pretty sure I remember those flags.

Back