GT Super Formula Series - Season 1 [CLOSED]

• Thread starter Emilius_73
  • 16 comments

Do you want 8 or 10 races in the calendar?

• 10 races

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 8 races

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Mexico
Mexico
Emilius73
The GT Super Formula Series, or GT-SF for short, is an upcoming online racing series using the Super Formula SF19 machine. The calendar for the first season will feature either 8 or 10 races, with polls being held for drivers to choose. Our goal is to bring a realistic, clean and most importantly fun open-wheel racing experience on GTS.

Last edited:
No one knows if they want to or even can join until you post a day and time that you plan on using. Of course I'm interested as I'm sure there will be plenty of these SF19 series when it comes out.

No one knows if they want to or even can join until you post a day and time that you plan on using. Of course I'm interested as I'm sure there will be plenty of these SF19 series when it comes out.
I wanted to post a Discord link but don’t know who should I contact to get permission to do that.

This is really interesting, but are there any further information? Like rules and regulations, parity, and particularly timezone...? I'm in the Asia region so it might be a little tricky trying to find a nice league to fit in.

Information on the Series:

To register, please send me a DM with the following information:
1. GTP username
2. PSN ID
3. Nationality
4. Car number
5. Engine manufacturer

30-minute Endurance
Standing Start with False Start Check
10x tyre wear, 4x fuel consumption
Heavy damage
Visible damage on
1.5x overtake system multiplier
Tuning on
Tires: Each round will have 3 available tyre compounds. 2 of those 3 must be used in the race at least.
Flag rules on
Corner cutting penalty: Invalidate time
Other penalties off
Boost off
Slipstream real

April 7th: Dragon Trail - Seaside
April 14th: Lago Maggiore - GP
April 21st: Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B II
April 28th: Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
May 5th: Suzuka
May 12th: Autopolis
May 19th: Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
May 26th: Red Bull Ring

All times are in GMT
5:00pm: Lobby opens and Qualifying begins
5:15pm: Qualifying ends and warmup starts
5:20pm: Race starts
5:50pm: Race finish
Penalties, results and championship standings are given shortly after the race.

Available cars:
Dallara SF19 Super Formula/Toyota '19
Dallara SF19 Super Formula/Honda '19

Max power: 639hp
Min weight: 660kg/1455lbs

All cars must carry the following elements on their liveries:
1. Driver number on both sides of the rear wing
2. Driver number on top of the nose

Note that incidents will only be investigated if reported.

In the case of multiple penalties, only the most severe penalty is given. If a driver is given 4 or more penalties, he/she will be disqualified from the race. Penalties are listed in first offense, second offense, etc.
  • Causing an avoidable collision resulting in car damage to any of the drivers involved other than the driver that caused the collision: W, DT, PR, DSQ
  • Causing an avoidable collision resulting in car damage to 2 or more drivers other than the driver that caused the collision: DSQ from race
  • Failing to race under the assigned power/weight restrictions: DSQ
  • Unsportsmanlike behavior: W, DT, PR, DSQ from race, DSQ from series
  • Incident when lapping another car: If an incident is created from a driver lapping another, the penalty will go to the driver that caused the collision. W, DSQ from race.
  • Missing a race and not reporting it to admins: W, DT, DSQ from series
W = warning
DT = drive through penalty in the next race
PR = 5 points reduction in the race result
DSQ = disqualification
*If a driver is charged with a drive-through penalty in the next race, and he/she does not serve it in the next race, he/she will be disqualified from that race. If this is repeated 3 times in total, he/she is disqualified from the series.

1st: 20 points
2nd: 15 points
3rd: 10 points
4th: 8 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 4 points
7th: 2 points
8th and lower: 0 points

Slow down penalty: Penalty for cutting corners, going off-track, etc. These penalties are given out by the game itself and not by the series admins

Lapping cars: If a car is lapped, the car that is being lapped must move off the racing line and the lapping car passes the lapped car on the racing line. It is strongly recommended for drivers to lap each other on straights if possible.

Power/weight balancing:
In order to balance out the racing and give everyone an opportunity to get a good result, drivers that finish in the top 5 will have to balance their car by increasing weight or reducing power. This is called a tick system and ticks will be distributed in this manner:

Finish position

1st: 6 ticks

2nd: 4 ticks

3rd: 3 ticks

4th: 2 ticks

5th: 1 ticks

6th or lower: 0 ticks

1 tick represents 1% of power decreased or weight increased. For example, having 1 tick in power means the driver will run 99% of power instead of 100%.

Stuck check: Before the race, a simulated race start will be held, in order to verify that no drivers have any problems with lag, controls, etc.

Race restarts: If there is a large accident affecting many drivers, or lag is extreme, or a driver disconnects, only one restart of the race will be allowed.

Race absences: If a driver cannot attend the race, he, she must notify the series admins in the absences channel of the Discord server before the race lobby is opened. Only the best 6 results of the championship are counted, so drivers are allowed to miss 2 races without their championships to be affected.

Manufacturers’ Championship: A separate championship will be held involving the series’ engine suppliers, Honda and Toyota. The manufacturer will get points from the highest finishing driver only, and unlike the Drivers’ Championship, points from all 10 races are counted.

Reserve drivers: Reserve drivers can sign up for the series before or during a season. These drivers can stand in for anyone at any race and run independently without being linked to a full time driver for the whole season. Any points the reserve driver earns will be credited to the main driver. Podiums or wins are credited to the reserve him/herself

Dallara SF19 Super Formula/Toyota (7/8)
Dallara SF19 Super Formula/Honda (8/8)

Honda:
choobro #3
deadline24th #4
LuckyGuess #7
Jacob Falcon #10
Turismo-Rodrigo #14
Frank_junior076 #17
Kobra #21
Emilius #73

Toyota:
All-Trac185 #2
RacerTay #16
Raygun4301 #24
d_hansen17 #46
Mikhail24RD #86
ZiltoidRacer #667

Last edited:
For anyone with a passing interest in this, I'll save you some time looking for the proper info. It's Sundays from 1pm EST to 1:50 EST.

Daytime is always tough for me because my schedule changes week to week. I'm always home by 7 or 8 the latest so the usual US evening stuff at 9pm is where I can reliably race each week. Sundays in retail are hard to get off so as much as I'd like to do this I doubt I can reliably. This is why IRS is planning a Super Formula series for the US evening crowd.

Latest Posts

Back