GT Time Trial Competition -Race 1-

• Thread starter chrisr1984
  • 40 comments
GTP_ChrisR1984
banner.jpg

Good afternoon,

With this being the first race I will give it some form of introduction so everyone who wants to compete will be able to understand what it's all about.

First off, I have been planning something that everyone can enjoy and dont have to be the best in to world to compete in..

Ok, the plan.. alot of people want to drive the slower cars rather than the same old ones over and over again, what I have already proposed is that every week starting on a sat for the next 12 weeks or so I will be giving out a car/track combo every sat, but the twist is that you earn points like follows.

1st Place = 10 Points
2nd Place = 9 Points
3rd Place = 8 Points
4th Place = 7 Points
5th Place = 6 Points
6th Place = 5 Points
7th Place = 4 Points
8th Place - 3 Points
9th Place = 2 Points
10th Place = 1 Point

Once the 12 weeks is over the points are calculated and everyone that comes in the top 10 will have a custom avatar that shows your place in the event once it is finished.

Sample: (for those of who have avatars)

I have to point out that this is going to be mainly the slower/less common cars and not the ones we see everyday..

So without further ado.. this weeks car/track combo is...

Race 1 (1st - 7th)

Track : Fuji Speedway GT
Car : Concept By GT Gran Turismo 350z RS

RULES
Transmission: Drivers Choice
Active Steering: Drivers Choice
ASM: Drivers Choice
Driving Physics: Professional
TCS: Drivers Choice
Two wheels MUST be on track at all times (rumble strips count as the track

Everyone who is happy with their time (which can only be submitted once) will send me a PM with their time and PSN username they did it on and I will go to the online leaderboard to check your time.. once it is all confirmed you are done. Persons in the top ten leaderboard online will be checked for validitity.

Your time must be in by the 7th, any that are not in my inbox by friday at 00:00:00 will unfortunatly not be counted​

Leaderboard Info:

Once this week has been done I will compile the results and post them on this post, and that trend will contine every week so we have easy reference.

I hope everyone enjoys this and good luck.

Last edited:
Interesting challenge, and I like the fact that we'll be driving the not-so fast cars for a change. But eh ... how do you propose that we run Fuji in reverse order? I think you mean we pick the non-F track, which is called GT. The non-chicane one.

Perhaps you can add some information to your opening post regarding racing rules, posting of splits and the publishing of a leaderboard. Good luck and I hope you get much attention which will not be easy in this period with IFTC and Prologue WRS 👍

sorry wasnt reverse, as i was typing it i was looking at the next race lol

rules are dead easy, do a lap, post me your time, i will go online and check it and then soon as its checked its done.

nothing hard, i tried to keep it as simple as possible.. if its good enough to be on the leaderboard, its good enough for me :)

dont forget you can join when you want and do as many races you want, you are not obliged to do every race, but if you dont rack up enough points to make the top ten you will missout on your avatars etc.

Looks good. I'll give it a go.

Any chance on running some FWD's in upcoming races? Integra, Citroen C4, etc...? Like a lot of people, I really miss the 500pp Pro races.

;)

Chris..... i'm somewhat confused by others posts on here at the moment...

Let me get this straight, are we going to Fuji GT in Arcade and doing a single lap time trial? Or is it a full blown race in arcade?

I was under the assumption we were doing Time Trials yes?

we are doing JUST time trials and getting the best lap you can with the standard car that is chosen at random..

no races, just beat your best time, so you are correct,

menu>arcade>timetrial> go!

we are doing JUST time trials and getting the best lap you can with the standard car that is chosen at random..

no races, just beat your best time, so you are correct,

menu>arcade>timetrial> go!

cheers mate.......... i've set a time, so a PM is in your inbox...

OK, I have a sort of decent lap that makes me 14th on the online board in the game. But I still don't know if we're supposed to discuss splits or laptimes in this thread? No idea where I'm standing now, all I see is that there are few contestants and only 2 GTP mates ahead of me ...

get a time that your happy with, it would probably be best not to discus times on here, and keep them to yourself, use the online scoreboard as a guide to how well you are doing.

then on the 7th send me your time and username via pm, or before if you want, but you do have until the 7th to get a lap your happy with.

get a time that your happy with, it would probably be best not to discus times on here, and keep them to yourself, use the online scoreboard as a guide to how well you are doing.

then on the 7th send me your time and username via pm, or before if you want, but you do have until the 7th to get a lap your happy with.
Will do mate but to me it always promotes the tension of a challenge if I sort-of know where I stand compared to other participants in terms of posted splits. But no worries, it's your challenge 👍

On another note, please be aware that the GTP mods like it when you follow normal writing rules such as punctuation and capitals. It's even buried somewhere down the rules of the forum :dopey:

could you not look at the online leaderboard for the times of others?

cheers for the heads up on the grammer etc.. its my first comp :)

i take it usual GTP rules apply, reason i ask as person in first place on leaderboard, well lets just say he uses a lot more than just the track

'if its good enough to be on the leaderboard, its good enough for me'

i took this comment from chris as a sign that anythng goes, as long as the game doesnt fail you;)

'if its good enough to be on the leaderboard, its good enough for me'

i took this comment from chris as a sign that anythng goes, as long as the game doesnt fail you;)

This is a bit puzzling Dan? You have the ability to beat virtually anybody you compete against when staying within the track boundaries! ... why would you need to use the green area beyond the rumbles? .. you usually win 99% of your events anyway but would always have more professional looking replays if you took the rumble strip as the very limit of the track as par for the norm! I know you can do it as I have seen it many times ;)

Seriously man .. you are too good a player to have these sloppy replays every so often tainting your otherwise faultless ability at this game! you kicked ass in GT4 and I pretty much reckon we are in for more of the same with GT5 :crazy: I have watched your replays in awe so many times in the past and when I see the odd replay with you cutting corners and using the green stuff that only the desperate lesser racers use to gain an advantage, I ask myself why? you are clearly better than most of us and don't really need an advantage :dopey: as I said it is confusing as there's just no need for you to drive that way :confused:

No offence is meant just a simple criticism of your lesser impressive laps :sly:

oh also I won't be taking part if the green stuff is in play so good luck to all in this comp :cheers:

Last edited:
yeah, thanx for letting me know of this. someone needed to say this to me. I guess i was just following the rules, would have much preferred if Chris specifically requested no green stuff to be used.

Because i respect u highly as a member of the gt community mate, i will ask chris to delete my original submission and hope that he will allow me to re-run it, this time within the rumbles! Thanx for ur comments about my other laps, appreciate it mate!

Yeah I watched your lap holl and those last two corners you even have more than a car width between you and the green run off area, very wide beyond the green stuff. I was surprised how deliberate your scenic route was mate.

Would be great if you could show us mortals how its really done by sticking to the curbs. GTP bollox runs wide on the corners as well.

It's up to chris though as I suspect he doesn't want to be strict and ask for replays etc, but the game allows you to bounce off and ride walls and I hope we don't resort to who gets the best sling shot a HSR.

I remember this year at F1 Magny-Cours drivers were going on to the green run off areas beyond the curbs and white track line and it being allowed, so I don't know, its up to organizer, but beyond the green stuff is wrong.

OK. I just wanted to get something said about the use of the run off strips..

I watched his replay and yes he does go wide, quite wide but still the game allows for this to happen, when i first decided to construct this championship i didnt think the game would of allowed so much of a run off for a TT.

the problem i have is that i wanted to make it fun, yet appealing to everyone and make it simple and easy for me to manage.. Generally if your laps are on the leaderboard then i would of said that its fine, but because of the way the game saves ghosts if your not in the top ten online i can't physically check without getting sent replays... and after all its only meant for abit of fun.

so i have made the following decision.:

:- 2 wheels MUST be on track at all times.. (rumble strips count as the track)

everyone that is in the top ten on the leaderboard will get checked.

i will update the first post.

Last edited:
Cheers chrisr1984. Nice car/track combo for the first round.
Looking forward to more cars in the next rounds that usually never get a look in. 👍

Back