GT Touring Car Series -- Series finished! Ozwheels3 takes the title!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 577 comments
I don't thing you're gonna have to pit in this race. We ran more or less half distance races on Tuesday, and the VW was fairly good on tire wear for an FF. I imagine the RWD's, the Miata in particular, will be the best on tires. Stops aren't required for the sprint races, anyway.

After 24 laps on the Miata I know my front left was down to a 7, the front right and rear left were down to 8 and rear right was a 9 I believe. Just reviewing previous races I suspect the FWD cars will be battling their front tires. Just a theory though. I know pits are not required.

Sign Me Up! Psn: GTP_Ph7shr / Sirocco GT24 Base Model / #39
any room left.....PSN Nail-27 GTP Silver 4 with a few races. Tag Rustic 15

Sirocco GT24 Base Model / #48 or 77

color orange w/green wheels

Last edited:
any room left.....PSN Nail-27 GTP Silver 4 with a few races. Tag Rustic 15

Sirocco GT24 Base Model / #48 or 77

color orange w/green wheels

Yes there is! And 48 and 77 have not been chosen, so take your pick.

Yes there is! And 48 and 77 have not been chosen, so take your pick.
You do realize that this is very addictive...more so than physical racing cause you can do it more!! I'll take Dan Gurneys (as in Dan Gurney for President !) # 48.

Can I elect to start last as this will be two extended test sessions for me

You do realize that this is very addictive...more so than physical racing cause you can do it more!! I'll take Dan Gurneys (as in Dan Gurney for President !) # 48.

Can I elect to start last as this will be two extended test sessions for me

There is a 10 minute qualifying session for Race 1, so whatever you do with the time is up to you. You can chose not to set a lap time. The only problem is that the second race is a reverse grid of the Race 1 finish, so there's not too much we can do about that.

There is a 10 minute qualifying session for Race 1, so whatever you do with the time is up to you. You can chose not to set a lap time. The only problem is that the second race is a reverse grid of the Race 1 finish, so there's not too much we can do about that.
I'll just jump in and go. Don't want to screw up the system and/or be a moving chicane in race two.

Question. Are chassis mods allowed or is the only mod allowed the stage 1 turbo? Current pp with turbo is 495with 351. Oh and changed the oil

Disregard....so I assume the only power mod allowed is the Stage 1 turbo

Last edited:
I don't thing you're gonna have to pit in this race. We ran more or less half distance races on Tuesday, and the VW was fairly good on tire wear for an FF. I imagine the RWD's, the Miata in particular, will be the best on tires. Stops aren't required for the sprint races, anyway.

No pit required by the looks of it. OZ wins by half a lap as his car is the fastest since knocking the integra down by PP and HP. Not only is the integra slower with less power now, but on most of the remaining tracks including Silverstone National, it will still consume its front tires significantly and thus lose out dramatically over this race distance.

To me this is what PP is for. Start talking power to weight, etc and that means little when you look at the whole package and particularly tire wear and handling characteristics.

Knocking the Integra down after the Madrid pre-season race was a knee jerk reaction. I lost that race by 18 secs as the front tires were at 2 and the rears still at 9. Un-driveable. I have been working on set-up to try and mitigate this but it is clear it will never touch the BMW. It is clear by 0.5 to 1.0secs or more at every track. Now one car and driver has a significant advantage and it takes away from the racing to be honest.

No pit required by the looks of it. OZ wins by half a lap as his car is the fastest since knocking the integra down by PP and HP. Not only is the integra slower with less power now, but on most of the remaining tracks including Silverstone National, it will still consume its front tires significantly and thus lose out dramatically over this race distance.

To me this is what PP is for. Start talking power to weight, etc and that means little when you look at the whole package and particularly tire wear and handling characteristics.

Knocking the Integra down after the Madrid pre-season race was a knee jerk reaction. I lost that race by 18 secs as the front tires were at 2 and the rears still at 9. Un-driveable. I have been working on set-up to try and mitigate this but it is clear it will never touch the BMW. It is clear by 0.5 to 1.0secs or more at every track. Now one car and driver has a significant advantage and it takes away from the racing to be honest.

The limit is 501pp and we need to respect that, so the integra is lost terrain with 484... My BMW have 500pp but i can't do the times oz do... is a drivable and setup thing, it´s no true the bmw is the best in any track. With more pp the integra have more advantage in some tracks, but in other is going to suffer a lot. If you ask me, respected the 501 pp, the winner in both monza races is the integra. Its just my opinion.

I understand your concerns, as balancing the cars proves to be a moving target.

The reason the Integra was backed down was because it was capable of accelerating and overall, being a few miles an hour faster than the other cars on almost every straight, on its own with no drafting help. Cars in the draft weren't able to keep up, and that was what was seen as being and unfair mechanical advantage. As far as tire wear is concerned, that appears to be a characteristic of the car. So unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what to do about that. I would think that lowering the power would help that.

Now with the BMW, it gets a little weird. I have just played around with the Bimer around tonight's track with a few different setups at the 500pp mark as specified on the front, and here's what happened: I could not make that car do 57's around Silverstone, even in arcade mode. In fact, this is one of my slowest car. So for me, with the tuning guide that is on the master post, that I'm assuming and hoping that everyone is following, the BMW fits in with the field.
So now we're in an area where we would be balancing a car based how fast a driver is, rather than how fast the car may be. There is more than one BMW driver, and both drivers are not hitting the same, which is what makes this a bit of a sticky situation.

I understand your concerns, as balancing the cars proves to be a moving target.

The reason the Integra was backed down was because it was capable of accelerating and overall, being a few miles an hour faster than the other cars on almost every straight, on its own with no drafting help. Cars in the draft weren't able to keep up, and that was what was seen as being and unfair mechanical advantage. As far as tire wear is concerned, that appears to be a characteristic of the car. So unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure what to do about that. I would think that lowering the power would help that.

Now with the BMW, it gets a little weird. I have just played around with the Bimer around tonight's track with a few different setups at the 500pp mark as specified on the front, and here's what happened: I could not make that car do 57's around Silverstone, even in arcade mode. In fact, this is one of my slowest car. So for me, with the tuning guide that is on the master post, that I'm assuming and hoping that everyone is following, the BMW fits in with the field.
So now we're in an area where we would be balancing a car based how fast a driver is, rather than how fast the car may be. There is more than one BMW driver, and both drivers are not hitting the same, which is what makes this a bit of a sticky situation.
just respect the 501pp, there is for something

Practice room up

1472-6118-3615-5264-7651

Finally hit a 57. I was running a wrong tune when I was hitting my 58s... this may turn into a good race. I think after tonight we should have a chat over the Integra pp vs. Power to Weight issue. I think there should be some middle ground we can hit to make this resolved.

I do think it is unfair that Timeee has to battle the tire wear issue, but it is part of the car choice. Maybe back to the last mod for the car with say a power limiter or ballast... not 100% sure where to go with it. Ballast might be a good solution, though making the car heavier, it gives the ability to balance out the car a little more.

Last edited:
I have a few things to say and I'm gonna sound like a dick and have an ego.

1. The pp system is not even close to reliable in GT6 as far as car balancing. Running everything at 501pp WILL NOT WORK. Flip and whoever helped did an amazing job with the regs on the main page and the cars are VERY close in lap times. I create regs and test them for a lot of people on GTPlanet and I have tested all of the cars we run before the season even started. FWD tire wear is one thing that is uncontrollable. If you give FWD cars 6+ mph on the straights them it will be impossible to pass and STAY in front of them. I know this for a fact because I've dealt with this very same problem before.

2. Anyone who thinks I set the fastest lap times because I'm driving the BMW is kidding themselves. The Lexus and Miata are faster than the BMW, I chose the BMW so it would be a challenge for myself. I am usually the fastest person in any room I go to driving anything. Call it cocky if you want but it's the truth. I will help anyone here who wants help with setups and driving techniques. I will post my BMW setup for Silverstone and challenge anyone to run 57.8 consistently.

3. People are not staying true to the power and weight requirements listed on the main page. These people know who they are and your not cheating anyone but yourself. Hopefully they run the correct regs tonight.

BMW Setup for Silverstone National at 57.8

Ride Height 60 65
Spring Rate 10.40 12.69
Compression 5 5
Extension 7 5
Roll Bars 4 4
Camber 0.0 0.0
Toe -0.14 -0.06
Brakes 5 9

Set Final to 5.000
Set Top Speed to 112
1st 3.836
2nd 2.650
3rd 2.000
4th 1.590
5th 1.300
Set Final to 3.500

Initial 8
Acceleration 13
Braking 5

500pp 337hp 259tq 9700RPM
Oil Change
100% Power Limiter
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Turbo

Front Downforce 200
Rear Downforce 300

I'll just jump in and go. Don't want to screw up the system and/or be a moving chicane in race two.

Question. Are chassis mods allowed or is the only mod allowed the stage 1 turbo? Current pp with turbo is 495with 351. Oh and changed the oil

Disregard....so I assume the only power mod allowed is the Stage 1 turbo

Hey, I seem to have a problem with some people, but could you send me a friend request on PSN? Some people don't register for me.

Tonight's room has gone live! Rounds 3 & 4 coming at ya!

1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4257 - 8899

Event finished.

Last edited:
I have a few things to say and I'm gonna sound like a dick and have an ego.

1. The pp system is not even close to reliable in GT6 as far as car balancing. Running everything at 501pp WILL NOT WORK. Flip and whoever helped did an amazing job with the regs on the main page and the cars are VERY close in lap times. I create regs and test them for a lot of people on GTPlanet and I have tested all of the cars we run before the season even started. FWD tire wear is one thing that is uncontrollable. If you give FWD cars 6+ mph on the straights them it will be impossible to pass and STAY in front of them. I know this for a fact because I've dealt with this very same problem before.

2. Anyone who thinks I set the fastest lap times because I'm driving the BMW is kidding themselves. The Lexus and Miata are faster than the BMW, I chose the BMW so it would be a challenge for myself. I am usually the fastest person in any room I go to driving anything. Call it cocky if you want but it's the truth. I will help anyone here who wants help with setups and driving techniques. I will post my BMW setup for Silverstone and challenge anyone to run 57.8 consistently.

3. People are not staying true to the power and weight requirements listed on the main page. These people know who they are and your not cheating anyone but yourself. Hopefully they run the correct regs tonight.

BMW Setup for Silverstone National at 57.8

Ride Height 60 65
Spring Rate 10.40 12.69
Compression 5 5
Extension 7 5
Roll Bars 4 4
Camber 0.0 0.0
Toe -0.14 -0.06
Brakes 5 9

Set Final to 5.000
Set Top Speed to 112
1st 3.836
2nd 2.650
3rd 2.000
4th 1.590
5th 1.300
Set Final to 3.500

Initial 8
Acceleration 13
Braking 5

500pp 337hp 259tq 9700RPM
Oil Change
100% Power Limiter
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Turbo

Front Downforce 200
Rear Downforce 300
I don't feel your being cooky at all. I can say I am by no means slow online or offline at all. If I knew how to setup cars better and put some real track time into a course I could be a lot faster.

Flip has done a great job with setting this up and continuing to listen to us.
Request somebodyshootme as friend and then follow me into the room from lobby and friends

Blocked. Oh well.....

Really? That's weird, I don't see why you would.
I guess the best I can say is try again next week. We'll practice on Tuesday night, race on Thursday at Ascari. Sorry about this. We were looking forward to having you in.

Really? That's weird, I don't see why you would.
I guess the best I can say is try again next week. We'll practice on Tuesday night, race on Thursday at Ascari. Sorry about this. We were looking forward to having you in.
Did anyone save the races and if so can I watch them

What an awesome race guys. I got a little loosey goosey in a few places and I think I hit flip and smith a few times. Sorry guys ><

But can't wait for next week!

Fun night tonight at Silverstone! As always, thanks to everyone who came out! Next week begins our endurance rounds at Ascari! Look out tomorrow night, as I may put an extra practice lounge together for that.

Points from tonight will be updated soon.

Fun night tonight at Silverstone! As always, thanks to everyone who came out! Next week begins our endurance rounds at Ascari! Look out tomorrow night, as I may put an extra practice lounge together for that.

Points from tonight will be updated soon.
Awesome Racing tonight. Got a little hairy on the second race, but still great.

BTW Flip, Love my photo on the front of the banner :) "I'll Owe You Won" Racing FTW

Sorry for the double post, but here is the replay of race 1 tonight.

To View the file you must download the file first.

Then you must unzip it onto the computer.

Do not rename the folder or any files in it.

Copy the folder onto a storage device that you can connect to your PS3

Download it on to the PS3

The next step is to have GT6 recognize the file you have to do this - import them into GT6 using the "Load Files" part of the Gallery (scroll all the way to the right). then voila you can see the replay

my one problem is that the file is too large... I will get it somewhere online an attach a link.

So download it from this link

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8_hB1nXChE5a212WGdjX19LZXc&usp=sharing

Last edited:
Well, last night was interesting.

Race Results

Round 3

1. Somebodyshootme
2. ozwheels3
3. timeee11
4. draqua_fresh
5. flip157
6. joseneilhosne
7. WaganGhost
8. ares118785
9. elchinox2
10. Jay2DaB329
11. smith1001

Round 4

1. timeee11
2. ozwheels3
3. joseneilhosue
4. Somebodyshootme
5. draqua_fresh
6. flip157
7. elchinox2
8. Jay2DaB329
9. ares118785
10. WaganGhost
11. smith1001 (disconnect)

Here are the updated points through Round 4.

Last edited:
Just a couple of announcements to make:

1. There will be an extra practice room for the race at Ascari tonight at around 11:30pm EST. We will probably just focus on setups and tuning for tonight. So if you can make it, please come on out!

2. A few issues have been brought up about people not following the tuning guide up at the front. These are currently being looked into, and decisions will be made quickly. I am all for giving drivers a second chance, but repeat offenders are subject to disqualification and will not be permitted to compete in the remainder of the series.

3. This last one is a question for you guys. We've already had four races under out belts and have experienced the reverse grid for race 2. However, I think we've noticed that race 2 each week is a little more hectic than race 1 is. So my question to you is this:

Should we continue using reverse grid to set up race 2?

The alternatives that I can think of would be to set the grid by the race finish, not reversed. Or a second, perhaps shorter qualifying session. We don't have to worry about this this week, as there is only one race. But I would like to know what people think about this.

And I would like to apologize for my actions in race 2, I felt like I messed up a lot of good cars being a little too aggressive early on. The two cars in front of my jumped on the brakes sooner than I thought, and I basically plowed into both of them. I'm pretty sure that also messed some people up behind me. I strive to improve my race craft with every race, I just hate to do it like that.

Tuesday and Thursday are still on schedule for next week. See everyone at Ascari!

Latest Posts

Back