GT TV - 24 hours at the ring

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 10 comments
  • 1,198 views
Messages
594
United States
OKC, U.S.
Messages
calansvc
Has anyone watched this yet? Kaz explains why he added the screwed up shaking to the cockpit view, as well as a bunch of other interesting tidbits.

Pretty cool documentary.
 
I watched it and I bought a Lexus IS F and RMed it....thought it was pretty cool...

Didn't like the car that much to drive though, 8 gears boggles my mind...
 
I watched it and I bought a Lexus IS F and RMed it....thought it was pretty cool...

Didn't like the car that much to drive though, 8 gears boggles my mind...

Pretty stupid if you ask me. 7 gears is enough for me.
 
Yeah there are little interesting game tidbits in all of those videos. Cant wait for the next one.
 
Just watching it now, I know for a fact I will have to do some laps on the 'Ring afterwards!

(Hope they put his Car in as DLC)

Also the Goodwood Festival of Speed ones are the year I went, spent all 3 days there and saw Kaz but he was busy and had an entourage lol.
 
Thanks for the heads-up. I will view it later 👍
 
Yeah i watched it the other day - well worth it :)

The Goodwood festival of speed ones are good too...
 
Yeah.. watched Goodwood right after posting this yesterday. Pretty cool, but I found the 'ring videos to be better.

BTW - On the 24H race...how do you repeatedly have fuel issues at that level (3 or 4 times wasn't it?) On the second failure, just install a complete new fuel system and get on with it.
 
Its not really a very "high" level. The car I think aside from the aero bits and uprated suspension its mostly stock. The racing fuel cell and whatnot will have different plumbing into the stock fuel system. And those can get incredibly finicky if you don't get to test a lot. Which I'd imagine they don't really since most of them have a day job....

The Ring 24 is like a mixed bag of very high level racing cars and really s*itboxes running around the track. And they are somewhere in the middle...
 
I've watched most of the GT-TV vids, the 24hrs of Nurburgring was great, it's a shame it was only two fairly short vids, I'd have been content watching it for a lot longer, like a couple of hours.
 
Its not really a very "high" level. The car I think aside from the aero bits and uprated suspension its mostly stock. The racing fuel cell and whatnot will have different plumbing into the stock fuel system. And those can get incredibly finicky if you don't get to test a lot. Which I'd imagine they don't really since most of them have a day job....

The Ring 24 is like a mixed bag of very high level racing cars and really s*itboxes running around the track. And they are somewhere in the middle...

You may be right. But based on the car's engine, interior, and fuel cell area... and the personnel involved, I have a feeling that funding was never really an issue. :)

Even I would have taken a complete fuel system with my little hot rod... that's usually the first thing to go. :)
 
Back