GT Update: 2 weeks on and i still can't D/L it.

• Thread starter GeePee
  • 36 comments
Am i the only one that can't download this update?

I've had the game since it launched in the UK. yet i still cannot download the update. I've tried 3 or 4 times a day.

* Late at night - No luck
* 3 AM in the morning - No luck
* GTTV - No luck
* NEWS - No luck

This is really annoying me, Sony need to get their act together. I know it's nothing to do with my wireless internet as i get decent signal and i've never had any problems download updates from other game.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SONY! :grumpy:

I had this problem, but after it failed, I tried, it worked and finished downloading.

Leave it downloading, even if it fails. It will work eventually.

I had to try about ten times, but that was on the Monday after the launch. Each time I'd get as much as 50% before it failed. If you're not getting anywhere at all, it may be a problem at your end.

I heard that however much the game downloads it saves its progress and carries on from where it left off. But if you've tried about 3 of 4 times in a day since its launch then there must be something wrong, IMO I think it might be your copy of the game.

I downloaded this last night for my PAL copy. I have the Japan copy updated to spec II and have been busy playing that. I tried updating the PAL through wireless (good signal strength) first but it stopped after a minute or less everytime and didn't get anywhere. I tried wired connection through my UK PSN and it worked for 10 minutes but failed, so I went into my Japan PSN with a wired connection and downloaded the PAL update no problems over the hour of downloading just like my Japan Spec II update did before with no problems, very stable.

Also if you get some of it downloaded and then an error, quit the game and restart as it picks up where it left it, don't try clicking gt-tv trying to initiate it again after it failed, just quit the game and re-start and make sure its wired connection.

Make a Japan account, worth a try:) http://www.japanesepsn.com/

Robbed this from an older thread

From what I understand when the update fails follow the following steps

1) go to the news area on the main menu
2) press the PS button on the controller
3) exit the game with the PS button
4) restart the game and the update will continue from where it stopped

So if you exit the game when in the news area it saves the downloaded update and continues where it left off. Try this and let us know if this works.

After several attempts of restarting the game, I let it fail, went through to the news area and started the DL again, and it completed very quickly.

Robbed this from an older thread

From what I understand when the update fails follow the following steps

1) go to the news area on the main menu
2) press the PS button on the controller
3) exit the game with the PS button
4) restart the game and the update will continue from where it stopped

So if you exit the game when in the news area it saves the downloaded update and continues where it left off. Try this and let us know if this works.
Thanks, ill give it a try later tonight

i found this out before i got the game and went to GTTV and downloaded on 1st attempt
this was on the thursday (day before release, Thanks GAME:tup:

I am trying to update now and I am getting a screen that says - Preparing to download (do not turn of ur console while the hdd light is on blah blah).. Is this how it updates?
I cant seem to get past this screen (been like this for half n hour)..
Tried this using wireless and wired, still the same screen, without any progress in the bar, above the OK button!

Plug a cable in. No matter what you say about your wireless connection, plug a cable in. My wireless is fine too, but I could only get it down with a cable in it.

So can I just put a cable in my wireless router's ethernet port and plug it in the PS3? Will this work? As my cable internet has my Mac ID restricted to 1 computer, and as I cannot clone the Mac ID in PS3, I cant put the wire that comes straight from my ISP. I have to put it in a router!

I'll try by ethernet tomorrow.

Its awkward though, as my PS3 is in my room and the router is in the hallway downstairs. God knows how i'm gonna pull this one off!

Am i the only one that can't download this update?

I've had the game since it launched in the UK. yet i still cannot download the update. I've tried 3 or 4 times a day.

* Late at night - No luck
* 3 AM in the morning - No luck
* GTTV - No luck
* NEWS - No luck

This is really annoying me, Sony need to get their act together. I know it's nothing to do with my wireless internet as i get decent signal and i've never had any problems download updates from other game.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SONY! :grumpy:

Wow, that sucks.

what is your connection speed? i had problems with the motorstorm update, for a month i couldn't download it my connection was 1500/256kbps (which shouldn't of had problems downloading it) but then i upgraded my connection to 20000/1000kbps plan and it download straight away.

^^ Did it tell you, preparing to download and nothing happened?
I can download demos of the PSN and other updates, but GT5P update doesnt even start..

tried it,
there's only one thing you can change i.e. - uPnP mode from 1 to 2.
Tried both, I still cant get past the "Please Wait - Preparing for Download" screen..
This is Scheite!

Depends what router your using as to how it will be displayed. But to get into it type the IP address of your router into the address bar in the browser. If you dont know this go to Run in Start Menu and type "ipconfig/all", the DNS server is your router.

This works in PS3 browser also.

Finally! ...It's working!

I brought my PS3 down stairs and wired it up via ethernet to my router, I spent 20 minutes unscrewing the plasma from the wall as the ethernet cable wasn't long enough to stretch from the living room to the hallway where the router is.

Better be worth it!

Simple way to fix it. As well is to Reset the Internet connection from you PS3's Menus. And Make a new one again. Since then I never had a Connection Lost issues.

Simple way to fix it. As well is to Reset the Internet connection from you PS3's Menus. And Make a new one again. Since then I never had a Connection Lost issues.

Happened to me too when I played online (after getting the update on first try:D) the game just froze... Then I made a new "Ethernet" setting (Everything was the same), and then I went into online and I haven't had any problems since!

Back