GT1 new day times: official Time Attack

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 50 comments
BOY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO BEAT xD

Had to switch to the Integra as I couldn't get anything under 55.2xx times with it no matter what I did.
Afte rlike 4 or 5 attemps and getting used to how this one handles, I downed a 55.052, and somehow a 54.655 the next. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to redo such a lap anytime soon, unless I spend an other 2 hours on it xD

View attachment 789747
Very very nice @submaniac93!!! Exellent run!!! Now is really impossibile to beat this time! You are definitely a master on Time Attacks

Haha thanks. But i'm sure i'm no the best out there. I do wish to try speedrunning GT1 one day though. I've been told I have the skills for it :P

Haha thanks. But i'm sure i'm no the best out there. I do wish to try speedrunning GT1 one day though. I've been told I have the skills for it :P
I'm happy for you isn't envy, really. Then also I wish that you will speedrun GT1 someday:D

Congratulations to both darkracer and submaniac for honing in on those top times. I gotta say, it kinda p:censored: me off how I was so slow, wondering where that slowness could've originated from (other than myself :lol:). No matter what I tried, I couldn't get above 56 seconds. Then it dawned on me that my special control configuration might've been slowing me down the whole time with the deadzones on the L2 and R2. So I reverted it back and the car was faster down the straights, along with another tuning tweak, managing to knock a second off my time down to a 55:403. Doesn't mean much now really but meh... :lol:

Last edited:
55s are already pretty good i'd say. I take it you're using the more recent trigger controls to pay this huh. I can't use it on games older than the PS3 era (i got used to play with the dual joystick configuration haha, plus I have a weird way of holding my controller for those)

If I hadn't set my car's supension i wouldn't have been able to get under 55 i'm sure of it x)

I'm not quite sure how to set things up so it is a night time run in time trial mode. Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R Scotia White

gt1tts2.jpg

Looks like I need a lot of practice. :crazy: Best I could do in 5 attempts.

I'm not quite sure how to set things up so it is a night time run in time trial mode. Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R Scotia White

View attachment 790020

Looks like I need a lot of practice. :crazy: Best I could do in 5 attempts.

The set up for a custom day time is written in the first post of this thread. You need a Cheat Device. The codes are written always in the first post. Only PAL codes. And you have five laps per attempt, not five attempts. Although you can retry how many times you want. And sorry, the your time isn't valid for now. Now I will write the set up for a custom day time:

1) Activate the Track Modifier BEFORE to enter the race. For example activate the Special Stage Route 11 code and enter to the Grand Valley Endurance Race
2) Once loaded, you will notice that the track isn't Grand Valley SpeedWay, but Special Stage Route 11
3) Then enter to the qualify. You will race in the original track, then don't worry. If the lights of the car are on or off means that is correct
4) Press start and press on "skip qualify"
5) Once loaded the pre-race screen, enter to the free run and voilà! You have a day time Special Stage Route 11!

The set up for a custom day time is written in the first post of this thread. You need a Cheat Device. The codes are written always in the first post. Only PAL codes. And you have five laps per attempt, not five attempts. Although you can retry how many times you want. And sorry, the your time isn't valid for now. Now I will write the set up for a custom day time:

1) Activate the Track Modifier BEFORE to enter the race. For example activate the Special Stage Route 11 code and enter to the Grand Valley Endurance Race
2) Once loaded, you will notice that the track isn't Grand Valley SpeedWay, but Special Stage Route 11
3) Then enter to the qualify. You will race in the original track, then don't worry. If the lights of the car are on or off means that is correct
4) Press start and press on "skip qualify"
5) Once loaded the pre-race screen, enter to the free run and voilà! You have a day time Special Stage Route 11!

I figured it might get invalidated so that's fine. 👍 I'll have to see about this cheat engine stuff later, thanks for the tips!

@Downhill Dino The setup for the time of day changes only works when you enter an actual race, that's why we do it on practice runs in the pre-race menu.

activate the codes, load a race (in my case the Grand Valley Speedway enduro) and then test drive. You don't need to go into qualifications and skip them, just test drive right away with the code on.

Also make sure you bought all the authorized parts (sport brakes, race suspension, triple plate clutch, race flywheel), otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage here.

(the codes are not for cheat engine, they're for a gameshark/action replay/psx emulation cheater)

I figured it might get invalidated so that's fine. 👍 I'll have to see about this cheat engine stuff later, thanks for the tips!
You're welcome. Ah, about the Cheat Engine, you don't have need this. If you play on an actual Sony PlayStation, you must have only a GameShark and if you play on ePSXe, you have need of PEC, a plug-in for cheat codes. If you have newer versions is already pre-installed. For other emulators I dunno

@Downhill Dino The setup for the time of day changes only works when you enter an actual race, that's why we do it on practice runs in the pre-race menu.

activate the codes, load a race (in my case the Grand Valley Speedway enduro) and then test drive. You don't need to go into qualifications and skip them, just test drive right away with the code on.

Also make sure you bought all the authorized parts (sport brakes, race suspension, triple plate clutch, race flywheel), otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage here.

(the codes are not for cheat engine, they're for a gameshark/action replay/psx emulation cheater)
As always submaniac93 solves the situation. Exellent!:cheers:

The second season is officially closed. The winner is @submaniac93 with a time of 0:54:655 obtained with a third run with a Championship White Integra Type-R with all MODs allowed. The third season will start Wednesday, 9th January on High Speed Ring Sunset. The participants are requested to see the conversation about the third season with all of the rules. Thanks

Here's mine~

Mazda RX7 Type RZ - Stage 3 turbo (turbo boost at level 2), engine balance, port/polish, rom, stock exhaust, and tires. 392hp, 1250kg.

Last edited:
Here's mine~

Mazda RX7 Type RZ - Stage 3 turbo (turbo boost a level 2), engine balance, port/polish, rom, stock exhaust, and tires. 392hp, 1250kg.

Wow, this time with a video, excellent!
EDIT: the FD RX-7 is the my turbo car option, but with A-Spec package. And also now I remember that you can set the turbo pressure thanks to you

Last edited:
This is the real end for the Time Attack, sorry. Sincerly competing with only an opponent in the TA (@submaniac93) isn't fair enough. For now (and maybe forever) won't are new NDT TA. Sorry again.
Anyway the winner of this Season is @submaniac93 as always. Record obtained with a Brilliant Black Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD). Great work!

Back